Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sweden v England

Comments

• Options
    Still all a bit surreal for me.

So many disappointments in the past but....

Is it coming home?
  • Options
    What a result. The pubs are heaving, the high street is buzzing and some sort just shouted 'it's coming home' at me in the queue in Aldi.

SamB09 said:

Don’t think it’s sunk in yet. My whole body is shaking with pride, what a team and what a manager. Just wow.

It was Sweden..
    It was a world cup quarter final and we won.

At a canter.
    For sure. Pickford made a couple of fantastic saves, but I’ve never been so confident in an England defence before.
    This all day long. I've been so impressed with our defence all tournament. Stones and Maguire have been absolute rocks
  • Options
    Another strong performance but let’s be honest, we have had luck on our side with the quality of the opponents. Usually you aren’t playing a side ranked 23rd in the FIFA rankings in a quarterfinal match
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I’m checking flights and hotels for next weekend but don’t want to tempt fate. If I wait until after the game on Wednesday it will probably be too late.

What to do?

Book and pay

Another strong performance but let’s be honest, we have had luck on our side with the quality of the opponents. Usually you aren’t playing a side ranked 23rd in the FIFA rankings in a quarterfinal match

We deserved an easy draw afree the hard work of pretending we wanted to beat Belgium.
  • Options
    Another 30 minutes. Dont mind that. Just waiting for the mass brawl.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @MrOneLung about 1450 euros for flights
  • Options

We’ll be playing a team ranked 20th in the semi
  • Options
    Rankings mean nothing in international football. Many teams boost their ranking by beating nobodies every friendly
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I’m checking flights and hotels for next weekend but don’t want to tempt fate. If I wait until after the game on Wednesday it will probably be too late.

What to do?

Hedge your bets, book a flight into St Petersburg early Saturday, a room in St Petersburg Saturday night, a room in Moscow Sunday night and flight out of Moscow early Monday. That way you can go to the 3rd/4th place play-off if that's where we end up, then head over to Moscow to soak up the final's atmosphere before heading home on Monday. Or if we make the final, you can go sightseeing in St Petersburg on Saturday, and book an early flight or get the high speed train on Sunday, and dump your stuff in your Moscow hotel before heading to the game.
  • Options
    Gonna be Croatia in semis
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rina said:
    Shit scummy reporting, there was no ‘trashing’ going on, just good natured celebrations.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

rina said:
    Shit scummy reporting, there was no ‘trashing’ going on, just good natured celebrations.
    A few poofs kicked about... Otherwise agree. You don't get called a Fab Mob for trashing a place.
  • Options
    JVL said:

SDAddick said:

Wow. Stuck in Fiji. Bars here shut st 10pm and the matvh kicked off at 2am but WE ONLY WENT AND WON!!!!! Got that feeling I had back in 1990, and dish I was back home today.

I'm in LA on wednesday - anyone know what time locally the game starts?

If you're anywhere near Santa Monica, I've always enjoyed watching England games there (a lot of ex-pats in that area):
    http://www.yeoldekingshead.com
    I remember watching a Cup Final at about 7am in that pub, lots of not very good beer, a full fry-up, and Di Matteo spanking one past Ben Roberts after about 2 seconds.

I’ve just done the maths and realised I’m old.
    Chelsea v Boro in '94
  • Options
    Croydon said:

What a result. The pubs are heaving, the high street is buzzing and some sort just shouted 'it's coming home' at me in the queue in Aldi.

SamB09 said:

Don’t think it’s sunk in yet. My whole body is shaking with pride, what a team and what a manager. Just wow.

It was Sweden..
    It was a world cup quarter final and we won.

At a canter.
    For sure. Pickford made a couple of fantastic saves, but I’ve never been so confident in an England defence before.
    This all day long. I've been so impressed with our defence all tournament. Stones and Maguire have been absolute rocks
    She probably was referring to a jump when she got indoors.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    A very dignified message coming from Nicola Sturgeon in the Scootish Parliament...

https://batteredmarsbar.com/wee-nicola/welldoon-yeh-sassenach-bassteds/
  • Options
    Jesus. out all day.what a result.
    Conversations with many about who we fancy in the semi final and final. Yes. the SEMI FINAL and FINAL of a WORLD CUP.!!
    Have to keep checking myself that it's not the Euros.
    No. THE WORLD CUP!!!!
    We never looked like we got out of third gear and pretty much dominated the Swedes.
    Think we'll have too much for Croatia. And then who knows?

As my mate said. You'll forever remember this summer as the summer that never ever ever rained and England WON THE WORLD CUP!!!!

How very un-english...... And quite frankly who cares.!
  • Options

JVL said:

SDAddick said:

Wow. Stuck in Fiji. Bars here shut st 10pm and the matvh kicked off at 2am but WE ONLY WENT AND WON!!!!! Got that feeling I had back in 1990, and dish I was back home today.

If you're anywhere near Santa Monica, I've always enjoyed watching England games there (a lot of ex-pats in that area):
    http://www.yeoldekingshead.com
    I remember watching a Cup Final at about 7am in that pub, lots of not very good beer, a full fry-up, and Di Matteo spanking one past Ben Roberts after about 2 seconds.

I’ve just done the maths and realised I’m old.
    Chelsea v Boro in '94
    Close. 1997.

‘94 was the United team that had put us out earlier on (Schmeichel flattening Kim Grant) beating Chelsea in the final.

• Options

Sage said:

11am Wednesday, LA time.
    Nice one. I'll pack the wife and kids off to Anaheim and find a nice bar in Santa Monica. Italia '90 shirt all ready.

Any bar suggestions welcome.
    King's Head is good. I mean it's a English pub in America so you know what you're going to get, but it's a couple blocks from the beach and there are a lot of ex pats in the area so you'll be in good company.

I grew up/went to high school around there so if that's not your thing I can try to think of other places.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

It doesn't matter what team you support, everybody loves eachother.

Palace can feck off tho.
    Fox kept cutting to whatever the town square in Croydon is and it was like "what? Could you not get cameras to Hull or Luton?"