Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sweden v England

Comments

• Options
    I think that’s what you call a memorable day. One you won’t forget!

Good night.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Random, but politely delivered, observations I can vaguely recall from many non-football patrons in a foreign bar.

Have Brazil changed into England shirts?
    Best passing team.
    I've never seen English people look happy like this.
    Does the goalies nan look after him between matches?
    Why are they so confident?
    Has Henderson 'come out' yet?
    Who's the big Irish man?
    They're still running! (at the end)
    They're so cool.

Roll on Wednesday.

England are winning lots of new friends in this tournament.

It will generate positive conversations around the world between strangers from different nations for years to come.

• Options

Random, but politely delivered, observations I can vaguely recall from many non-football patrons in an Asian bar.

Have Brazil changed into England shirts?
    Best passing team.
    I've never seen English people look happy like this.
    Does the goalies nan look after him between matches?
    Why are they so confident?
    Has Henderson 'come out' yet?
    Who's the big Irish man?
    They're so cool.

Roll on Wednesday.

England are winning lots of new friends in this tournament.

It will generate positive conversations around the world between strangers from different nations for years to come.

Where players have a relevant choice of nationalities, it should also encourage more of the best and most ambitious to opt for England at senior level, rather than other countries. That's quite important these days.
  • Options
    That was fun. This team seems so calm, perhaps to much sometimes. The were a couple of performances I could quibble with. Dele, but he end up scoring , and Walker always seems to have a bad pass in him.

Pickford has been unbelievable.

Big plus, being able to watch the game before breakfast as I’m out in Oregon this week.

Portland today. More breweries than I know what to do with.
  • Options
    Well it's the morning after the night before and i've now had some time to sober up and reflect on things and after some careful consideration, i can indeed confirm that football is coming home.
  • Options
    Any top premier league side in need of a centre back, surely has to be looking at Maguire. The guy is a beast, decent on the ball, quick, brilliant in the air and a constant danger in both boxes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have a wicked fucking head ache
  • Options

I have a wicked fucking head ache

A full English will solve that.

Bacon sizzling in the frying pan as I write this!
  • Options
    That sounds like a plan I seem to have multiples of bottles of gin with loads missing

Reckon there was a celebration here
  • Options
    After 15mins we settle into the match and allowed are ourselves the confidence to play some lovely football.

At times it looked like we were playing with an extra player because we were hunting in packs. Pickford made some great saves to keep a well deserved win.

Only downside is that Sterling confidence looks shot to pieces.
  • Options
    Seen a lot of people praising Sterling and others not.
    He has scored two international goals in 42 appearances. Yes...our striker has scored TWO international goals. For me, he quite clearly should not be in the team. His finishing and final ball are awful. Any number of players have the speed to run into open space, so why play the one that is incapable of producing when it matters.
  • Options
    Was desperate for him to score yesterday as he badly needs a goal for his confidence. His pathetic finish when through on goal towards the end of the first half sums it up. It was flagged offside but he didn't know that at the time. Simply can't afford to miss chances like that especially in a tight semi or final.
  • Options

Was desperate for him to score yesterday as he badly needs a goal for his confidence. His pathetic finish when through on goal towards the end of the first half sums it up. It was flagged offside but he didn't know that at the time. Simply can't afford to miss chances like that especially in a tight semi or final.

He clearly knew he was offside. He was staring at the linesman for a good few seconds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best day out ever.
  • Options

Woke up feeling like complete shit, watched the bbc video recap of yesterday and it’s made me an emotional wreck. Still can’t believe we are in a World Cup semi final

Exactly the same here.

Watched highlights trying to get some breakfast down me and got all emotional. Quite a moment on my own.

Looking back these Pickford saves were quite unreal, very important timings too. Well done one and all!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44751785
  • Options

Yesterday was just fantastic. An England team bursting with effort, pride and no little skill. Then a night at our favourite restaurant celebrating my Welsh, England supporting, mate's 65th birthday, and today is the wife's birthday, so off out for a nice meal again tonight.

All the best to Karen for her birthday, enjoy the meal.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

SDAddick said:

LoOkOuT said:

It doesn't matter what team you support, everybody loves eachother.

Palace can feck off tho.
    Fox kept cutting to whatever the town square in Croydon is and it was like "what? Could you not get cameras to Hull or Luton?"
    Boxpark Croydon....owned by my cousin who is Charlton
    Oh that makes it do very sweet.