Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2018/2019 (In general)

Comments

• Options
    Saturday night out in Nottingham beckons
  • Options

Has anyone watched Charlton in the past few years you need to have a drink to watch, people work all week and then football is there hobby and a few beers with mates.

This .
    There is a regular group of about ten or more in my group and meeting up early and having a few beers is all part of the match day experience.
    In fact I would go as far as to say that the 90 minutes of football at times has been the worst part of the day.
    Would not have been able to make this - but plenty on here would have taken the opportunity to go to a new ground.This is just another example of the FA not giving a toss for the genuine fan and why sadly the FA Cup is no longer he prestige competition it once was.
    Anyway -looking forward to a few jars with Blackpool72 for Blackpool 2018
  • Options
    the dj coach is an apt vessel
  • Options
    Even without engineering work, Sunday morning trains are usually a nightmare as they generally don't start until late
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Of course they are cabbles if you like spending 5 hours on a journey when it should take 3 1/2
  • Options
    clb74 said:

cabbles said:

Of course they are cabbles if you like spending 5 hours on a journey when it should take 3 1/2
    That’s the beauty of it.....
  • Options
    cabbles said:

clb74 said:

cabbles said:

That’s the beauty of it.....
    Thought this post might of been about travel info or if the club will be selling tickets before the game
  • Options
    Regularly drove to most of the northern places like Blackburn, Liverpool, Manchester, Bolton, Sheffield etc

Have to appreciate getting on the lash isn’t always for everyone, peoples football experiences are different, particularly the split of when going with mates or as a family.

Genuinely don’t think I could do those drives and back within a day now, find driving really tires me.
  • Options

Regularly drove to most of the northern places like Blackburn, Liverpool, Manchester, Bolton, Sheffield etc

Have to appreciate getting on the lash isn’t always for everyone, peoples football experiences are different, particularly the split of when going with mates or as a family.

Genuinely don’t think I could do those drives and back within a day now, find driving really tires me.

When I was younger I remember dad driving to many games. Around the turn of the millennium, when we got in the Prem, we often got the train. Had been getting the coach during the 90s as well, but just came back to it from about 2002 onwards.

I’ve never really had mates my own age to go to games with so it was often just me and my dad, I think the coach suited him as he isn’t someone who drinks and watches football. He used to be. I don’t mind a drink but I’ve never had that whole meet up with your mates early on a sat for a home game, have a few, watch the game and then go back to the pub.

I think drives to these games can be tiring. I like the chat on the coach, it’s not banter that you might get with your mates on the lash, but you get to know the regulars and become friends with them.

If they get there in good time as well you can often sneak a couple at some pub,and it saves the whole parking up somewhere or grounds where the train station is quite far.

See you at anchor and hope lane at about 4am on Sunday 11th @clb74 :wink:
  • Options

Your getting old mate.
    I love it Shrewsbury away play off was up there by 12pm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

When I was younger I remember dad driving to many games. Around the turn of the millennium, when we got in the Prem, we often got the train. Had been getting the coach during the 90s as well, but just came back to it from about 2002 onwards.

I’ve never really had mates my own age to go to games with so it was often just me and my dad, I think the coach suited him as he isn’t someone who drinks and watches football. He used to be. I don’t mind a drink but I’ve never had that whole meet up with your mates early on a sat for a home game, have a few, watch the game and then go back to the pub.

I think drives to these games can be tiring. I like the chat on the coach, it’s not banter that you might get with your mates on the lash, but you get to know the regulars and become friends with them.

If they get there in good time as well you can often sneak a couple at some pub,and it saves the whole parking up somewhere or grounds where the train station is quite far.

I'd happily get a coach from Bromley at 5am if we'd get into Mansfield at 10am
  • Options
    clb74 said:

cabbles said:

I'm going by coach,Headphones and prozac at the ready.
  • Options

clb74 said:

cabbles said:

Is there a coach or tickets
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

cabbles said:

Yes,coach has departed & tickets sold out.
  • Options
    clive said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

cabbles said:

Yes,coach has departed & tickets sold out.
    I feel too many of you have dj’itis...... you must embrace the arduous journey and become one with it
  • Options
    So the Portsmouth games off on the 17th they can tell us that.
    But any chance you can tell us the arrangements for a game that kicks off in under 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Despite the Sunday game, early kickoff and engineering works - the simpletons at the club are of course running one coach.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bd72e03d9872/mansfield-town-emirates-fa-cup-tickets-to-go-on-sale

Ticket info is also in there.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Despite the Sunday game, early kickoff and engineering works - the simpletons at the club are of course running one coach.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bd72e03d9872/mansfield-town-emirates-fa-cup-tickets-to-go-on-sale

Ticket info is also in there.

No student price? Disappointing.
  • Options
    why sunday?
  • Options
    Games being beamed abroad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

clb74 said:

cabbles said:

I take it your seat is next to @clb74
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Games being beamed abroad

For 12500 quid! That's taking the piss.
  • Options
    And there we were all dreaming of a long cup run...................ok maybe not.
  • Options
    After letting MK Dons roll over us I've expected no differently with whoever we ended up with in the FA Cup

My only surprise is that we took the Football League Trophy so seriously against Stevenage rather than taking the opportunity to get out of that too
  • Options

This has another cup embarrassment wrote all over it

Unbeaten in 11....
  • Options

This has another cup embarrassment wrote all over it

Unbeaten in 11....
    Given the injury situation, stuff the Cup :-).
  • Options
    shame that lb is not putting a strong side out - pisses me off as i never thought we would be the club to do it, id happily get to the 3rd round get a big london club away have a day out and never know get a result, we are sat 6th in league 1 - not exactly overachieving are we.