Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2018/2019 (In general)

Comments

• Options
    So if we had VAR, it wouldn't have been a penalty and the 3rd was offside.
  • Options
    They keep saying VAR isnt in use as its not a prem ground

It was used for the 2nd Leg in Burton in League Cup so thats not an excuse
  • Options
    I am so over these bastards
  • Options
    So if we had VAR, it wouldn't have been a penalty and the 3rd was offside.
    How can VAR be used for some game and not others in the FA Cup.
  • Options
    They keep saying VAR isnt in use as its not a prem ground

It was used for the 2nd Leg in Burton in League Cup so thats not an excuse
    Also it's not as if Swansea are a non league side, they were in the premier league last year, so surely the ground can have VAR officials
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I am so over these bastards
    Try saying that if they won the cup.
  • Options
    Pay back for the play-off final.

Come on you horns!
  • Options
    So what was the reason for no VAR at Swansea? they bloody well had it last season when Son scored and it was disallowed!

Beginning to despise the Manc bar stewards like I used to despise Utd under Ferguson.

(and thats before we play them 3 times in 12 days.  Sigh!)
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    So what was the reason for no VAR at Swansea? they bloody well had it last season when Son scored and it was disallowed!

Beginning to despise the Manc bar stewards like I used to despise Utd under Ferguson.

(and thats before we play them 3 times in 12 days.  Sigh!)
    The official reason is The FA dont want it at non Prem grounds

It was used at Burton for Carabao Cup as thats a Football League competition and it was there decision to allow it at Burton and paid for a trial in a league game beforehand and The FA were not wiling to pay for that for Swansea apparently
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder how Silva and Richarlison are feeling. Watford above Everton in the league and in the SF of the FA Cup
  • Options
    City city very lucky, dodgy pen and an offside goal. Absolutely delighted. All the while Millwall remain in this cup I want City still to be in it
    That’s why I’m cheering on united now 
  • Options
    Yes, come on Wolves!
  • Options
    Over the past couple of seasons i don't think Wolves have bought a single bad foreign player. Jimenez, Neves, Moutinho, Jota, Boly, every single one has done well. 
  • Options
    HE’S GOT A FOOT LIKE A TRACTION ENGINE 
  • Options
    Hahaha lovely stuff
  • Options

Great stuff from wolves. 

Cue phone in radio shows tonight full of moaning moan utd saying Ole isn't the man to take them forward. 
  • Options
    Superb from Jota but Shaw has had a mare there.
  • Options
    I don't effing believe it  No other team in the country gets as many decisions in their favour  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I though that was a red but var overturned refs red card made it a yellow , looked reckless
  • Options
    “Clear and obvious errors”

so surely if it’s debatable 1 way or the other the referees original decision should stand 
  • Options
    Nah that was always a yellow card for me

The problem I have is the fact that this game has VAR; Swansea game didnt = Not a level playing field
  • Options
    A rash old challenge but good overturn by VAR. Jason Pearce would get 8 reds a season if that's a sending off.
  • Options
    FWIW I think it’s a yellow. Just don’t agree with every debatable decision being overturned. Diminishes the refs authority 
  • Options
    FWIW I think it’s a yellow. Just don’t agree with every debatable decision being overturned. Diminishes the refs authority 
    What the ref should have done was gone straight to VAR to ask if it was a red card... He made a prat of himself to the fans by having to change it

Although had a lot of respect for him and the players how they stood around discussing it with him im a civilised manner rather than shouting and pointing everywhere
  • Options
    Knew that yellow cards were now competition specific so accumulated yellows in the league you can’t miss a cup game (as per Taylor early in the season)

but didn’t realise that FA Cup games now had a totting up process too.
    2 yellows up to and including the quarters and you miss the next game.

Young banned tonight, Rashford and Matic would have missed the Semi
  • Options
    Knew that yellow cards were now competition specific so accumulated yellows in the league you can’t miss a cup game (as per Taylor early in the season)

but didn’t realise that FA Cup games now had a totting up process too.
    2 yellows up to and including the quarters and you miss the next game.

Young banned tonight, Rashford and Matic would have missed the Semi
    Didnt realise either till it was mentioned when Rashford got booked - think its a good system though
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    If I'd known Utd were going out I'd have wanted Swansea to hang on. 
    No chance of Millwall winning two games against superior opposition at Wembley, so I'm feeling quite relaxed now. 

• Options
    Shame VAR wasnt in use in Swansea

Having both Manchester clubs would have setup two excellent Semi-Finals and Final... as it is you have to struggle to see past City now; just hope its either Brighton or Wolves that meet them