Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Croatia

Comments

• Options

Sterling divides the Opinions because for Citeh he scores for fun

Citeh is full of quality top to bottom so it’s not just sterling to worry about

Right now England have 4 attacking players to worry about

1 Kane is seemingly bang in form although against Sweden looked out of Salts against his own high standards

2 linegard scores a great goal set up the winner and is a constant threat

3 Ali not played well at all but got on the score sheet

4 sterling troubles every team we play yet to score or hit the heights he does for his club

If Ali and sterling Kane and linegard turn up on weds we win at a canter

We have t had the best out of sterling or Ali yet and are in the semi finals

Imagine what can happen if they turn up at the max of their game potential

We should have peppered their goal a bit more.
    That idea is not to be sneezed at.
  • Options
    Re Sterling, I didn’t rate him in any game so far but what does that matter? Saint Gareth obviously does so that has to be good enough.
  • Options

1 Kane is seemingly bang in form although against Sweden looked out of Salts against his own high standards

4 sterling troubles every team we play yet to score or hit the heights he does for his club

Its not that at all, its his finishing. I do think he is the scapegoat, but he is not playing in his City position. He is a winger who comes in and normally scores a few from the play coming down the opposite wing. For England he plays sort of up top/ free role of the striker, he has obviously created space and chances but its a different role to what he is used to.

I have said all tourney we should play Rashford instead, however we cant really change things now. I am hoping he has a big part to play either getting us to the final or in the final, everyone has a part to play and he just stands out more as he isn't putting the chances away.

In Southgate we trust!
  • Options

We should have peppered their goal a bit more.
    Or had more seasoned pros in the squad...
  • Options
    On Sterling, what I don't agree with is the idea that it's a "media" witch hunt, when from comments on this board or elsewhere on social media, many England supporters are just as critical.

Personally I think he is making a positive contribution, but has been slightly lucky to keep his place. The poor attacking performances against Belgium by the alternatives Rashford, Vardy and Welbeck have probably made this decision easier for Southgate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Justin Timberlake is at the O2 tomorrow and he’s opening the doors early to allow fans to watch the game on the big screen. Nice touch and can imagine a few dads will be happy.

..a few husbandswill be happy too. JT - you're a legend!
  • Options

On the sterling debate, not his biggest fan, however, if it upsets the balance of the team, dropping him now wouldnt make any sense. He did ok on Saturday, yes he missed chances, but he didn’t hide (in fact he never does) and continued to get himself in dangerous areas. It will come for him. First goalscorer bet for me tomorrow.

I had £5 on Sterling to score first and 2-0 on Saturday, think I might do the same again.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Anyone going to the semi-final showing at Hyde Park tomorrow is going to be treated with The Lightning Seeds playing beforehand.

did try getting in the ballot but it kept crashing, think i will watch down the local ( red barn barnehurst )
  • Options

Now I’m not knocking Sterling because in Southgate we trust. But in reference to Kane, although top scorer, he has had very little in terms of chances in open play.
    And one of the main reasons for that is his playing partner imo.
  • Options

Now I’m not knocking Sterling because in Southgate we trust. But in reference to Kane, although top scorer, he has had very little in terms of chances in open play.
    Well that's 2 of us who can see that point.
  • Options
    England 3-2 Croatia
    Sterling, Kane, Stones to score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who needs open play goals when you score at nearly every single set piece you have?

...Oh and who wins a load of corners and dangerous free kicks...? Sterling.
  • Options
    No easy games at this stage.

However I do feel that if we can stop Modric then we have a very good chance. I might even consider starting Dier to be all over him like a rash.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

However I do feel that if we can stop Modric then we have a very good chance. I might even consider starting Dier to be all over him like a rash.

Dier hasn’t got the brain to do that. He gets dragged out of position so easily, look what happened against Colombia when he was played in the holding position. Modric would be far too intelligent for him, let them worry about us.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Dier hasn’t got the brain to do that. He gets dragged out of position so easily, look what happened against Colombia when he was played in the holding position. Modric would be far too intelligent for him, let them worry about us.
    Agree, Think Modric would have a field day up against Dier.
  • Options
    Modric is only one player ,a good one I must admit but I would rather the team concentrate on what they are trying to do than worry too much about him.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Really?

Can I remind you that this season Spurs fielded a midfield pair of Dier and a young Harry Winks against Real Madrid and Modric at Wembley with Sissoko alongside them (and trust me, that counts as a handicap) and Modric was taken off with 10 mins to go as he was in Dier and Sissoko's pocket.

I don't remember Henderson being able to say the same thing in the CL final?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

LenGlover said:

Really?

Can I remind you that this season Spurs fielded a midfield pair of Dier and a young Harry Winks against Real Madrid and Modric at Wembley with Sissoko alongside them (and trust me, that counts as a handicap) and Modric was taken off with 10 mins to go as he was in Dier and Sissoko's pocket.

I don't remember Henderson being able to say the same thing in the CL final?
    Dier is gash.