Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Croatia

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

LenGlover said:

No easy games at this stage.

However I do feel that if we can stop Modric then we have a very good chance. I might even consider starting Dier to be all over him like a rash.

Dier hasn’t got the brain to do that. He gets dragged out of position so easily, look what happened against Colombia when he was played in the holding position. Modric would be far too intelligent for him, let them worry about us.
    Really?

Can I remind you that this season Spurs fielded a midfield pair of Dier and a young Harry Winks against Real Madrid and Modric at Wembley with Sissoko alongside them (and trust me, that counts as a handicap) and Modric was taken off with 10 mins to go as he was in Dier and Sissoko's pocket.

I don't remember Henderson being able to say the same thing in the CL final?
    Dier is gash.
    thanks for your intelligent contribution :)
    But he's Charlton gash!
  • Options
    The system works best with Henderson or Dier rather than both of them and Henderson has earned the shirt, but that doesn't mean Dier is crap or can't do the job.
  • Options
    I expect and I hope Southgate sticks with the same team but if Dier was to come in, I'd bring him in for Walker.

I'm already having visions of Mandzukic beating Walker to a header at the back post for a Croatian winning goal.
  • Options
    Walker's job is not to mark the best aerial opponents but to provide pace. Dier would not fit the system Southgate has devised playing in that position. He needed a player with Walker's attributes there so decided to convert him to a position he had never played in before. A stroke of genius if you ask me and a risky one as you can imagine the criticism had we had a poor tournament!
  • Options
    Don't change the team, be confident in our own ability, not worry about them. Let's go for it.
  • Options
    Russia mugged them off with that late set piece - I would be rubbing my hands together!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kane owns Lovren.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Kane owns Lovren.

Kane will need no reminding that Lovren called him ‘Mr Touch’ about 8 weeks ago. He’ll want to embarrass him tomorrow night in return.
  • Options
    On the eve of the biggest night of football for nearly a third of a century - Three Lions has taken a breather for me.

That muggy summer night of 1990 is coming back. Shell suits, Gazzas tears, Sir Bobby, Des Lynam, Motty

World in Motion.

This has got the hairs standing up more than Three Lions now!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Re4aDJL3heA
  • Options
    Just watched a documentary on ITV about Euro 96, and I’m in bits.

Really bringing it home how big a deal tomorrow night is. This really does feel like a once in a lifetime opportunity.
  • Options
    Me three.

My last day at a job and boss is talking about all the million things he wants me to do before I leave, he is going to have to (try to) physically restrain me from sprinting out that door at 5.30.
  • Options
    Agree with the above sentiments, I’m off today as I don’t know how a meeting appeared in my diary around 9pm on Sunday for a job about 5 miles from my house.

First time I’m actually nervous this World Cup, I have been positive all the way through. Oh perhaps a shit will sort me out.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Being my own boss this is meant to be easy plan the day around the footie

No not me

New client first contact meeting in Walsall

Current client weekly meeting on two huge projects from 1300 going to be there hours having to ignore the total mess I am inside about the footie

Try and get from holborn to Home by 1800 atleast

But I will be in the car got disaster written all over it

I honestly can say I have never felt like this over a game not even thecplay off final
  • Options

0520 and an hr before the alarm is due to go off

I wake up first thing on my mind is the match my stomach is twisting and turning the pre match jitters are in

It’s coming home going over in my head

Come on
    England

Let’s fucking do this we can do this

Glad to see your mood has changed since last week!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The week before mate from Columbia game I am a convert and not ashamed to say it I now believe
  • Options
    Been buzzing all week and quietly confident. Woke up this morning bricking it.

Come on England!
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Me three.

My last day at a job and boss is talking about all the million things he wants me to do before I leave, he is going to have to (try to) physically restrain me from sprinting out that door at 5.30.

Fuck that. Last day at a job? Buy a boneless bargain bucket or three at lunch then just go home.
  • Options
    Seriously not kidding this is making me ill. Gonna need to chew half a box of Imodium on the way to work or I’ll literally be shitting my pants in a meeting this morning. Walking to the station and my arsehole has been going 5p 50p all the way there.

Then walked past the pub to see them getting more flags and bunting up ahead of tonight.... Three Lions was already playing out the windows.

And promptly started welling up with tears walking down the road

I’m proper fucked

NLA we need your fabled balls to get us through this.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Me three.

No idea what you do but who the hell does any work on their last day in a job?!

Tell him to do one and go to the pub at 1.
  • Options
    Trains fucked up this morning, sign of things to come later this afternoon methinks.
  • Options
    I was made redundant a couple of months ago so this world cup has been a God send. Still nervous as hell, I have an interview this afternoon and will barely manage a wibble the way I feel at the moment.

It would not be so much of a problem if I still lived in London but Devon is a bugger for finding decent work.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Huskaris said:

Me three.

No idea what you do but who the hell does any work on their last day in a job?!

Tell him to do one and go to the pub at 1.
    Can't he then rightly claim damages or some nonsense like that? He's a lawyer, and a very angry Italian one...

Working for the company I work for has been like slavery. A girl on £17k who is forced to work saturdays as well, and works 9 hours a day, gets no time off in lieu of overtime for the Saturday she works and they are breaching minimum wage legislation...

Anyway, don't want to distract from a great thread and what will hopefully be a great game! But hopefully I will have more than one reason to celebrate tonight!
  • Options
    It's going to be a long day!

52 years of pissing about - it's time to put an end to that and bring it home to its birthplace.

COME ON ENGLAND!