Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Belgium (3rd place play off)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2018
    May be true but then why would he start him in a 3rd place play off?
  • Options

May be true but then why would he start him in a 3rd place play off?

Attempt to secure the Golden Boot
  • Options
    Chunes said:

To be honest... You don't expect to see England dominating possession in a latter stage WC match, yet here we are!

You jinxed it!
  • Options
    Everything breaks down on the 18-yard line
  • Options
    Chunes said:

JohnBoyUK said:

sam3110 said:

Dier and Rose showing why they didn't start games

I remember Rose was very good going forward a couple of years ago. What has happened to him?..... Injury?
    He injured his knee against Man City the January before last then was out for almost a year and Ben Davies became Spurs first choice LB.
    Any theories on why Kane's been blowing out his arse after 20 minutes?
    To me, he hasnt looked 100% fit since he came back from injury in March/April. He hasnt looked anywhere near fit for the entire World Cup.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Chunes said:

JohnBoyUK said:

sam3110 said:

I remember Rose was very good going forward a couple of years ago. What has happened to him?..... Injury?
    He injured his knee against Man City the January before last then was out for almost a year and Ben Davies became Spurs first choice LB.
    To me, he hasnt looked 100% fit since he came back from injury in March/April. He hasnt looked anywhere near fit for the entire World Cup.
    Odd to think he's not had the best WC but is still gonna win the golden boot!
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Chunes said:

JohnBoyUK said:

sam3110 said:

Odd to think he's not had the best WC but is still gonna win the golden boot!
    VAR is the real winner.
  • Options
    45-minutes of sideways and backwards passing. I feel so entertained
  • Options
    Yeah I'm watching, there's been pretty much every world cup where we haven't been involved still at this stage. I'm down the pub and it's empty of the passionate part timers. Just me and my horrible cynical mates
  • Options

Watching it and can't really understand why anyone who has been passionate about England this World Cup wouldn't. Sure, it's a meaningless game really and a real comedown after the semi-finals but I think it's important to get behind the team in what could be our best finish since 1966. Plus the Golden Boot should be resolved in this game and if Kane scores he will have the most goals since Ronaldo in 2002.

You answered your own question there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Chunes said:

JohnBoyUK said:

sam3110 said:

For me he was superb up until and including the Colombia game. Wouldn't be surprised if he picked up a knock in that game that Southgate wanted kept quiet as he's been pretty ineffective since.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Yeah I'm watching, there's been pretty much every world cup where we haven't been involved still at this stage. I'm down the pub and it's empty of the passionate part timers. Just me and my horrible cynical mates

Horrible cynical mates who prop the place up the rest of the year I will add, not the once every four year mob who they were so keen to look after. No free beer for us if England score
  • Options
    Every England game shown on ITV this World Cup England lose.
  • Options

Beat Colombia on ITV
  • Options

Beat Colombia on ITV
    Actually we drew in 90mins ;)
  • Options

Beat Colombia on ITV
    Didnt lose tho
  • Options

Beat Colombia on ITV
    How you doing José?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Never understood the constant calls for Rose to play, especially as he’s off the back of a poor, injury hit season.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Having a player who can play the final decisive killer pass is everything. That’s the difference between these two teams. We get loads of possession but don’t create the chances
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lukaku off :joy: Golden boot for Kane :sunglasses:
  • Options

Having a player who can play the final decisive killer pass is everything. That’s the difference between these two teams. We get loads of possession but don’t create the chances

Shoulda taken Shelvey!
  • Options

Shoulda taken Shelvey!
    Or Wiltshire.
  • Options
    Much better second half. Just lacking that killer instinct in the box.
  • Options

Shoulda taken Shelvey!
    Certainly could've used some of his creativity.
  • Options
    Loftus-Cheek should have featured more for England. Hopefully he will in future.
  • Options

Lukaku off :joy: Golden boot for Kane :sunglasses:

unless Mbappe or Griezmann scores a hat-trick tomorrow...
  • Options
    Think Dier has looked ok in all honesty. We are not a million miles away teams like this
  • Options
    Strikers finish from Dier. Very unlucky.
  • Options
    Ouch that clearance off the line hurts. Should be 1-1...