Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Xbox v PlayStation- Help!

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2018

I also wholeheartedly recommend the Nintendo Switch for anyone reading this.

I've loved playing Zelda and Mario on it in the past year but not the best purchase for an eight year old who just wants to play Fortnite, Minecraft or whatever the latest game is with their friends...

Although the Switch does have Minecraft and Fortnite!
    Ah but playing online might be an issue......... lol

Terrible online support is the only thing letting Nintendo down in recent years.
  • Options
    I’d recommend a Sega Megadrive. Mind you, things might have moved on since 1992.
  • Options
    what do you guys reckon.....VHS or Betamax ???
  • Options
    Both consoles will share the major title releases and there isn't really much difference in the specs (that you would honestly notice) but go with whatever the friends have. Just make sure it's a PS4.
  • Options
    Anybody have the PS4 Pro or the Xbox One X? Any notable differences? Thinking of upgrading as I’ve just bought a 4K TV.
  • Options

I've loved playing Zelda and Mario on it in the past year but not the best purchase for an eight year old who just wants to play Fortnite, Minecraft or whatever the latest game is with their friends...

Me and one of my mate are constantly playing Mario Kart 8 on his Wii U when we meet up for drinks

Damned competitive game and have made our own rules to make it more even
  • Options

Me and one of my mate are constantly playing Mario Kart 8 on his Wii U when we meet up for drinks

You seen one of the many drinking games associated with it? We play the one where you have to finish a can of booze before starting the final lap, however as drink driving is bad, you can only drink while your kart is stationary! Makes it fun and gets you pretty pissed in the space of a few grand prixs!
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

You seen one of the many drinking games associated with it? We play the one where you have to finish a can of booze before starting the final lap, however as drink driving is bad, you can only drink while your kart is stationary! Makes it fun and gets you pretty pissed in the space of a few grand prixs!
    Might have to tell my mate about those, didnt realise there were drinking games around it
  • Options

cafcpolo said:

Might have to tell my mate about those, didnt realise there were drinking games around it
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/dwtoy/8-drinking-games-to-play-during-mario-kart-8-deluxe?utm_term=.ovwXXPEnK#.je3VV4mXv
  • Options
    As a heads up. You can download Fortnite for free on the swicth, my nephew loves it as he can play it on the go (with a hot spot wi-fi etc) Also free to play online.

Also has minecraft too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PS4 has vastly superior exclusives and Sony are putting more and more effort into securing top level exclusives so I can see that gulf becoming wider in the future. Other than that it's much of a muchness. Depends how old your kids are as well; God of War's a great exclusive but you might not want them ripping heads off their enemies every 30 seconds, so the PS4 only games might mean nothing in the end. Basically, do whatever.
  • Options
    @AFKABartram you have a whatsapp. Maybe helpful, maybe not. Thought of you when I saw it.
  • Options
    Anyone see any good PS4 Black Friday deals on give me a shout.

For,what we would use it for (kids playing games) would a 500gb console be enough or should I really be targeting the 1tb version?

Seen a few bundle packages and a bit bewildered to be honest
  • Options
    If the deal works for you cost wise, I would go with 1tb. Downloadable games with all of their updates eat up a lot of storage and I now have to at least once a year delete one or two games to download others for the kids, based on us having hit near capacity.
  • Options
    Not sure tbh. No idea how many games you suggest it can handle but can’t see ours holding more than half a dozen. Are you talking more than that?

Best I’ve seen so far is the 500gb + Fifa for £209 from Smiths
  • Options
    Nintendo switch

For,what we would use it for (kids playing games) would a 500gb console be enough or should I really be targeting the 1tb version?

Depending on the price difference i would suggest the 500GB if its significantly cheaper, you can buy a 1/2TB external hard drive for peanuts and leave it plugged into the system
  • Options

Mate my boys currently 'share' an Xbox.
    I say share but it was the eldests and the youngest muscles in every chance he gets!

The 500gb is fine for them as they only really play Fortnite and FIFA on it.

I've actually bought a Nintendo switch for my youngest this Christmas to try and ease the arguments. Not sure if I shouldn't have just bought another Xbox but It has Fortnite and FIFA and a few of his mates have one.
  • Options
    Ordered the ps4 last night for £199 with 3 games (Red Dead Redemption 2, Doom and Hidden Agenda) from shop to. Tend to keep an eye on HotUKDeals when I'm after a deal.
  • Options
    Good deal @johnny73 I paid £209.99 for the PS4 + Fifa bundle from Smyths (was 249.99)
  • Options
    I upgraded my sons PS3 years ago with out any problems. Here is a video for the PS4 upgrade, I presume it will still work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkIyCXbiGZs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think you can get the hard drive from Currys for £55.
  • Options
    muppetman said:

I upgraded my sons PS3 years ago with out any problems. Here is a video for the PS4 upgrade, I presume it will still work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkIyCXbiGZs

That’s great. So easy. Cheers @muppetman