Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top 3 sports that you find boring to watch

Comments

• Options

Handball
    Basketball
    Snooker

Can't be having that! Handball is incredible!
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Handball
    Basketball
    Snooker

Can't be having that! Handball is incredible!
    All three of those sports are good ffs
  • Options
    Basketball, Baseball, 3 day Eventing
  • Options
    Anything with horses unless I've bet on it, synchronised swimming, motor racing.
  • Options
    I really want to say rugby but it's not so much boring as straight-up hateful. Like watching a snuff video

Actually boring sports:

Water polo! Dear Christ who thought of this, it's SO shit. If God had meant us to play ball sports in the water she'd have given us flippers

Track cycling. What's the fucking point? We invented the bicycle for the outdoors - for fresh air, mountains, scenery, getting from A to B. At least track athletics is a standardisation of measuring human speed. Bicycles are so arbitrary in a track context though - who fucking cares? They have to come up with gimmicky 'events' with gimmicky names like 'omnium' and 'madison' to distract from the fact that it would all be better and more worthwhile if they all crashed. But hey, as long as Team GB can design carbon fibre frames and micropolymer skintight outfits to shave those crucial tenths of a second off Our Athletes' times, then it's medal o'clock, baby! And medals for GB mean Lots Of Funding and Lots Of Coverage! Absolute bilge

Lacrosse. It just doesn't register in my brain as a thing that actual sentient humans would do
  • Options

Although I voted for it....I don't really see Horse Racing as a true sport - I see it more as gambling facilitation event.

I wonder what on course and off course viewing figures would be like if gambling on the gee gees was outlawed?!?

Gambling is illegal in Dubai, but horse racing is big business there.
    But then again, something being illegal doesn’t mean it doesn’t go on. The Horse racing venues provide plenty of opportunity, off the record...
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I Like watching a snuff video

• Options

Basketball, Baseball, 3 day Eventing

Actually can I change mine to 3 day eventing day 1, 3 day eventing day 2 and 3 day eventing day 3?
  • Options
    Track cycling is great to watch.
  • Options
    Has changed for me a bit over the years as the sports have changed;

1. Snooker - apart from Ronnie i find most players now very "same" and robotic to watch. What's happened to all the flair!!?
    2. Formula 1 - used to love, but again it's so techie now that overtaking in itself is rare. Pits stops used to be great too with fuel/tyres/delays. The excitement has been sucked out of the spport, now much more so a business.
    3. Swimming - just a personal one, just don't like it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised by so many finding basketball boring.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Track cycling is great to watch.

I enjoy it, even though some of the events are a bit silly.The Keirin for example. But I enjoy that too!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Cycling-how anyone can watch things like the tour de france is beyond me.

Cricket-unless its 20/20, why would you want to watch a 3 day test match and watch a few runs an over a 6 every now and then and a million dot balls or singles

Golf- I have tried so many times
  • Options

The only time its ever remotely exciting is the last 2 minutes, and only then if its a close game. However, in true american style, as soon as theres a hint of drama, time out gets called.
  • Options
    Rally cycling.
    Hockey.....stop start stop start stop start.
    Synchronized swimming.
  • Options
    1) F1
    2) F1 qualifying
    3) Road biking....Tour De France....literally nothing more dull
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    If I find anything boring I don't watch it.

If WWF / WWE is a sport it's a farce.

As someone said earlier Snooker has lost it's appeal unless Ronnie is playing.

C4 used to show an indian sport called Khabaddi (sp?). Reminded me of British Bulldog I used to play as a kid being played by adults. Boring to watch
  • Options

if watching paint dry was a sport it would still be more entertaining than basketball.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I enjoyed playing it at school, but it has too many points. They lose value because of it. I used to enjoy watching the Harlem Globetrotters, but that is closer to WWE than a sport!
  • Options
    Rugby
    Formula 1
    Darts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cycling (mind-numbing stuff)
    Golf
    F1
  • Options

If I find anything boring I don't watch it.

If WWF / WWE is a sport it's a farce.

As someone said earlier Snooker has lost it's appeal unless Ronnie is playing.

C4 used to show an indian sport called Khabaddi (sp?). Reminded me of British Bulldod I used to play as a kid being played by adults. Boring to watch

Wrestling is sports entertainment .... just watch GLOW
  • Options

Cycling-how anyone can watch things like the tour de france is beyond me.

Cricket-unless its 20/20, why would you want to watch a 3 day test match and watch a few runs an over a 6 every now and then and a million dot balls or singles

Golf- I have tried so many times

It's a 5 day test .... and its soothing
  • Options

The only time its ever remotely exciting is the last 2 minutes, and only then if its a close game. However, in true american style, as soon as theres a hint of drama, time out gets called.
    This. Went to watch the Brooklyn Nets a few years back, they were 20 points down in the 4th quarter so there was no tension or excitement. Basketball is dross
  • Options
    Horse Racing
    Basketball
    Handball

Really really try and get into handball during Olympic years but it just leaves me cold.

Hurling - just hit it with a stick from 50 yards over the goalies head for a point. No need to even get close to the goal.
  • Options
    Hurling is great...to watch not play.

Tried watching F1 yesterday...Brit driver comes from the back and wins in driving rain....nah still didn't do it for me. Like watching paint dry.
  • Options
    Darts golf and cricket.

Cricket and tennis usually fight for third by being so boring...
  • Options
    Baseball
    Snooker
    Golf

Went to a baseball game when i was in the states, i pick up sports pretty quickly and can find entertainment in most of them but baseball was dire. There was one drunk guy who was chanting and creating an atmosphere of some sort and he was chucked out.

And the incredibly sad fireworks when theres a home run.. like, great.. we waited for this all game and its a few shitty fireworks and means next to nothing in the general game.
  • Options
    Cricket is a great sport.
    If you don't understand it that's down to you.
  • Options

Cricket is a great sport.
    If you don't understand it that's down to you.

Blimey look a post from a hundred years ago zzzZzzZz