Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top 3 sports that you find boring to watch

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I like Baseball and Cricket. But always assume the casual sports fan would get more out of baseball than cricket if forced to watch one of the two.

Cricket - nothing happens for long chunks of the day - literally 6 balls can be bowled down in a test when the batsman just leaves it. Baseball has a lot more depth to it. It’s got more of a 20/20 feel and I can see why cricket introduced that - to get a result in a night and bring some entertainment and razzmatazz to the sport.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Slightly surprised a lot of people find baseball boring, as I've always enjoyed games whenever I've watched one in the US, and have had some really exciting finishes

I watched a lot of minority ball sports during the London Olympics, and found the big thing missing that football has and they don't is tackling. Watching handball or water polo (and even basketball), it feels like one team has the ball and attempts to score. The other team then get the ball and they attempt to score. This takes away a lot of the variety that football has, where teams can win the ball back all over the pitch.

A lot of these sports lack variety too. Volleyball in both the 5 and 2 a side varieties is actually pretty dull to watch (once you take out the perve factor)
  • Options
    I’m good with baseball too. Always try to catch a game when I go there. I think it’s better than T20, to be honest, and I love my cricket.
  • Options
    very subjective this but I guess people see different things in different sports, for me I cant watch

1 Horse Racing
    2 Tennis
    3 Snooker

But thats just me, there must be something about them for so many people to see what I dont. I remember at London 2012 the Greco Roman Wrestling had a very garish American comentator who kept shouting 'that is why Greco Roman Wrestling is the greatest sport in the world'....I mean really?
  • Options
    Golf
    Snooker, which is a shame because I used to love watching it. So dull now unless O'Sullivan is playing up
    Cycling, like the tour De France. I've really tried to like this as well especially as we've been successful recently but it's just bikes and men's arses in the air
  • Options
    I'm beginning to think that these selections are just for stuff that's boring to watch but we watch them anyway.

The really boring stuff is just swerved completely. Otherwise, surely, netball would have got a mention by now?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

I'm beginning to think that these selections are just for stuff that's boring to watch but we watch them anyway.

The really boring stuff is just swerved completely. Otherwise, surely, netball would have got a mention by now?

Thankfully that stuff is kept off tv.

I'll give an honourable mention to Kabbadi, I'll always watch that if it's on, underrated as a spectator sport that. And dodgeball
  • Options
    Golf
    Darts
    Snooker. Not very original.
  • Options
    Golf
    Horse Racing
    Rugby