Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well done Crayford Dogs

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2018
    bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

Hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque

Great track, can't beat a bit of Prefab.
    The old Crayford was a great track.
    Ah the old peat track . At one time the kennels were at the track and all the dogs were trained by one man
    I'm sure the Parsons family knew the time of day .
    Sadly the kennels were burned down and the dogs were dispersed to different kennels mainly in the West Kingsdown area
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

My old man used to take me to watch banger racing there as a kid. I used to love it.
  • Options
    #YouBooTheyFondou
    #YouCryTheyFry
  • Options
    #youposttheyroast
  • Options
    #yougambletheyscramble
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

My old man used to take me to watch banger racing there as a kid. I used to love it.
    Same, and the Speedway, getting covered in shall if you stood on the corner.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

Same, and the Speedway, getting covered in shall if you stood on the corner.
    Steve Naylor one of my first sporting heroes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

My dad raced bangers throughout the 70's, Wimbledon being a favourite, he once got to the Figure 8 World Final that was shown on World of Sport, I was so proud the next Monday at School, I miss him. I have more attachment to Crayford than I thought, must go back there now
    Great action shot mate.

If I went back now I’d probably spend most of the night tutting at all the classics being destroyed.

My wife’s right, I’m a nerd.
  • Options

Also, has anyone considered the welfare of our footballers in this heat? I hope the Norwich friendly is cancelled. They can’t possobly cope in this weather.

#YouCheerTheySear

Our team can't play in any weather!

Seriously though one of the differences between dogs and humans is that we can sweat. Dogs just pant. Also be like us running in a wooly coat this weather.
    I am sure the officials will allow plenty of fluid breaks on Saturday
  • Options
    Yep mainly A60's with an MGB lump underneath, the odd Westminster for team racing. I felt guilty too so bought a 72 Spitfire when I turned 30, had it 20 years now like a family friend but only really take it into Knebworth House when there is a clasics show, (hardly a classic anyway). Now I am 50 (next month) I have one eye on a Lambretta TV175, I can nerd with the best of them!
  • Options

#YouTriCastTheyDieFast

Genius
  • Options

SE7toSG3 said:

bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

My dad raced bangers throughout the 70's, Wimbledon being a favourite, he once got to the Figure 8 World Final that was shown on World of Sport, I was so proud the next Monday at School, I miss him. I have more attachment to Crayford than I thought, must go back there now
    Great action shot mate.

If I went back now I’d probably spend most of the night tutting at all the classics being destroyed.

Did you know there was another classic rally down last weekend?
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

SE7toSG3 said:

bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

Great action shot mate.

No mate, although probably just as well, the anti roll bar sheared off on Sunday when I gave it a quick spin.
  • Options

T_C_E said:

SE7toSG3 said:

bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

Great action shot mate.

No mate, although probably just as well, the anti roll bar sheared off on Sunday when I gave it a quick spin.
    All repairable?
    Just down from my house
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

T_C_E said:

SE7toSG3 said:

bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

Great action shot mate.

All repairable?
    Just down from my house
    Nice.

Yes, shouldn’t be too difficult to weld up, it’s only sheared at a localised patch of rust.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well done? Seriously?...After, six, seven WEEKS of heat?
    Might the reality be that the win-at-all-costs money brigade succumbed to the attention of the animal welfarists, who have been on at them for ages to see sense and stop the racing?
    Officialdom seeks the plaudits, as ever, but they were embarrassed by those who would see this 'sport' consigned to history.

: Animal Aid Retweeted

10th July 2018

You Bet They Fry

Who will speak up for #greyhounds racing & dying in this heatwave?
    Not the self-regulated #GBGB nor their Greyhound Forum of complicit charities.
    Not @DefraGovUK, MPs or any political party animal welfare groups.
    Not even the @theRCVS or @BritishVets!
    #YouBetTheyFry

Ah - but you are - so we can all sleep soundly in our beds, in the knowledge that even though no Greyhounds have died due to the heatwave because they are so well cared for, you are speaking out against the zero incidents of deaths, and as a result demanding an end to the sport where the nasty people involved in it treat their dogs sooooooo badly that none of them have died

I take my ferrets racing, but since the heatwave we have not raced them, shaded their cages and doubled their water bottles per cage so they can't run out if we are out - of an evening we have also had the electric fan outside on their cages (our garden gets full sun from around 1.00 until sundown)

Do you want to ban ferret racing as well ?
  • Options

Well done? Seriously?...After, six, seven WEEKS of heat?
    Might the reality be that the win-at-all-costs money brigade succumbed to the attention of the animal welfarists, who have been on at them for ages to see sense and stop the racing?
    Officialdom seeks the plaudits, as ever, but they were embarrassed by those who would see this 'sport' consigned to history.

: Animal Aid Retweeted

10th July 2018

You Bet They Fry

Who will speak up for #greyhounds racing & dying in this heatwave?
    Not the self-regulated #GBGB nor their Greyhound Forum of complicit charities.
    Not @DefraGovUK, MPs or any political party animal welfare groups.
    Not even the @theRCVS or @BritishVets!
    #YouBetTheyFry

Ah - but you are - so we can all sleep soundly in our beds, in the knowledge that even though no Greyhounds have died due to the heatwave because they are so well cared for, you are speaking out against the zero incidents of deaths, and as a result demanding an end to the sport where the nasty people involved in it treat their dogs sooooooo badly that none of them have died

I take my ferrets racing, but since the heatwave we have not raced them, shaded their cages and doubled their water bottles per cage so they can't run out if we are out - of an evening we have also had the electric fan outside on their cages (our garden gets full sun from around 1.00 until sundown)

Do you want to ban ferret racing as well ?
    I'll bet a pound to a penny that's a yes.
  • Options

Most fixed track in England

100% agree mate couple of weeks ago I was in the betting shop by work one morning and I watched a dog there get smashed in from 9/2 to eventually going off 11/10. The dog was slow away and got hampered on the first bend and guess what happened?

The hare stopped so a void race and they all get their money back. No other problems with the hare for the rest of the meeting. Central Park is just as bad.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

100% agree mate couple of weeks ago I was in the betting shop by work one morning and I watched a dog there get smashed in from 9/2 to eventually going off 11/10. The dog was slow away and got hampered on the first bend and guess what happened?

The hare stopped so a void race and they all get their money back. No other problems with the hare for the rest of the meeting. Central Park is just as bad.
    The case that you are making for the race being fixed is full of holes. Ok, I am not saying that a dog priced up at 9/2 can't be backed into 11/10. However, by your comments you are saying this opened on course at 9/2,then gambled to 11/10. There are 3 bookies at Crayford and basically zero punters, the 3 bookies basically lay their business on Betfair. To take a dog on course from 9/2 to 11/10 would take about £300. Hardly a massive gamble. What would have happened here, is that a proper gamble would have hit those firms who price up early on BAGS races (BET365, Paddy Power! BetFair, SKY) careful coordination across accounts and hitting silmutainously you might get a grand through each bookie. In that case this punt opens at 6/4 on course.

So now the fact the hare stops and race void, the hare driver is complicit in the scam. How much does he want to put his job so obviously at risk ? What would it take for you to risk your job £5,000 ..? More. Oh ok so the Racing Manger is also in on it add, £5,000 for him. Oh and the trainer, who loses his licence, his entire livelihood and profession. So he wants £100,000.

So our on course £300 has made £1350or even off course punt max £20,000. It doesn't add up. Telling you it doesn't happen.

Most gambles are landed on the slight edge that owners and trainers have on new dogs to the track, and bitches out of season, or just races where it looks like the make up of the race presents a dog with opportunities that its recent races have denied. They amount to winnings of low thousands at best, and usually hundreds.

And as you well know, once you hit any of these firms a couple of times, you end up with all bets being restricted or refused. I took Betfred for £600 £100 at 5/1. The next bet I was only allowed£17.

So if you do get one home, it's bloody difficult to follow it up.
  • Options
    RM Are you just talking about BAGS races ? Can you get a decent bet on on non BAGS cards ?
  • Options
    edited July 2018

smiffyboy said:

The case that you are making for the race being fixed is full of holes. Ok, I am not saying that a dog priced up at 9/2 can't be backed into 11/10. However, by your comments you are saying this opened on course at 9/2,then gambled to 11/10. There are 3 bookies at Crayford and basically zero punters, the 3 bookies basically lay their business on Betfair. To take a dog on course from 9/2 to 11/10 would take about £300. Hardly a massive gamble. What would have happened here, is that a proper gamble would have hit those firms who price up early on BAGS races (BET365, Paddy Power! BetFair, SKY) careful coordination across accounts and hitting silmutainously you might get a grand through each bookie. In that case this punt opens at 6/4 on course.

So now the fact the hare stops and race void, the hare driver is complicit in the scam. How much does he want to put his job so obviously at risk ? What would it take for you to risk your job £5,000 ..? More. Oh ok so the Racing Manger is also in on it add, £5,000 for him. Oh and the trainer, who loses his licence, his entire livelihood and profession. So he wants £100,000.

So our on course £300 has made £1350or even off course punt max £20,000. It doesn't add up. Telling you it doesn't happen.

Most gambles are landed on the slight edge that owners and trainers have on new dogs to the track, and bitches out of season, or just races where it looks like the make up of the race presents a dog with opportunities that its recent races have denied. They amount to winnings of low thousands at best, and usually hundreds.

And as you well know, once you hit any of these firms a couple of times, you end up with all bets being restricted or refused. I took Betfred for £600 £100 at 5/1. The next bet I was only allowed£17.

So if you do get one home, it's bloody difficult to follow it up.
    Absolutely spot on.

Crayford is a BAGS track owned and operated by Ladbrokes. I know the set-up there very, vetry well having spent a lot of time working on developing the business and the SMT. The security of the operation and the integrity of the management is beyond reproach.

Graded greyhound racing is animated bingo where the racing manager is measured on how well he grades to make most if not all races impossible to call.

It’s not a flapping track!

• Options
    Are all tracks on the same measurements? Might sound a silly question but I feel like the inside traps do better whenever I’ve been Crayford, as if it’s tighter on its bends.
  • Options

Are all tracks on the same measurements? Might sound a silly question but I feel like the inside traps do better whenever I’ve been Crayford, as if it’s tighter on its bends.

No two tracks are the same and Crayford is very tight. Some days it favours the inside, others the outside. I would fancy quickly away wide runners out of the 5 or 6 box at Crayford to avoid the lottery of the first bend!