Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erin Ersson

Comments

• Options

thenewbie said:

Regardless of the right and wrong of it she hasn't actually done anything illegal (and researched beforehand to make sure she hadn't/wouldn't). Whether or not it should now be MADE a crime is open to discussion.

She has insisted, both during the protest itself and in Facebook posts yesterday, that “no laws were broken” by her actions, adding: “This is a right in Sweden.”

According to DW, though, the Swedish authorities think differently. Police said passengers who refuse to obey a pilot's orders while on board a plane can face fines or up to six months in jail

The point is that despite her requests, the pilot didn't come to speak to her let alone give her an order. Her only conversation was with a steward. As she said, the pilot could have ordered the deportee and minders off the plane and negated the 2hr delay but chose not to. Doubt he didn't get advice further up the food chain either.

Disappointed in the CL response to this issue. Are we in support of HMG decision to send Afgan translators back to their homeland?
    Yep - be disappointed, if they have broken our laws and are not British citizens, fuck 'em.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Greenie said:

thenewbie said:

Regardless of the right and wrong of it she hasn't actually done anything illegal (and researched beforehand to make sure she hadn't/wouldn't). Whether or not it should now be MADE a crime is open to discussion.

She has insisted, both during the protest itself and in Facebook posts yesterday, that “no laws were broken” by her actions, adding: “This is a right in Sweden.”

According to DW, though, the Swedish authorities think differently. Police said passengers who refuse to obey a pilot's orders while on board a plane can face fines or up to six months in jail

The point is that despite her requests, the pilot didn't come to speak to her let alone give her an order. Her only conversation was with a steward. As she said, the pilot could have ordered the deportee and minders off the plane and negated the 2hr delay but chose not to. Doubt he didn't get advice further up the food chain either.

Disappointed in the CL response to this issue. Are we in support of HMG decision to send Afgan translators back to their homeland?
    Yep - be disappointed, if they have broken our laws and are not British citizens, fuck 'em.
    Really? What laws? Assylum seekers are not criminals unless they commit some falsehood. But hey let's welcome Russian criminals (money launderers) who are not UK citizens.

Have you any idea how many British soldiers' lives would have been saved by having the extra interface and intel with the locals? Fuck 'em? Well they would be truely fucked if sent back.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Unless I'm completely missing something, this asylum seeker had their case heard and the Swedish government decided it was safe enough for him to return to Afghanistan. Whats the problem?

The country is run by religious nutters who murder with impunity. They hate the West If they come across a guy who preferred Sweden to his own medieval country, do you think he'd get community service?

Elections are looming and the new Löfven immigration policy in one of the richest countries in the world is to reduce the influx from its current 27k. The Daily Mail would be orgasmic with that level of newcomers.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

thenewbie said:

You can’t expect a reasonable response to that question without presenting the facts as to why he is being deported. What is known is that the Swedish authorities have reviewed the case and rejected asylum, there must be a reason behind why this decision was made. On the other side, a Swedish girl made noise on a plane saying this man will die!!As my original comment, not sure how to respond without knowing all of the facts
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Unless I'm completely missing something, this asylum seeker had their case heard and the Swedish government decided it was safe enough for him to return to Afghanistan. Whats the problem?

The country is run by religious nutters who murder with impunity. They hate the West If they come across a guy who preferred Sweden to his own medieval country, do you think he'd get community service?

Elections are looming and the new Löfven immigration policy in one of the richest countries in the world is to reduce the influx from its current 27k. The Daily Mail would be orgasmic with that level of newcomers.
    We don't know the background of this man. Was only recently that an Uzbek asylum seeker was rejected for asylum in Sweden and he ended up killing people with a truck. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/14/world/europe/stockholm-attack-isis-rakhmat-akilov.html

• Options
    Strictly speaking he was an ex-asylum seeker, a failed seeker of asylum.
    He did not, after a year of checking, meet the criteria for gaining asylum.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Well said Greenie.
    RIP the 458 unnecessary deaths of British Forces and countless thousands of civilians.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    FFS.

1. If he was a suspected terrorist he'd be in prison not a plane
    2. As previously stated the Swedish PM wants to reduce (halve) refugee numbers. Do you think the procedure is fair when the guy is likely to die? That is a fact. At least in UK there is an appeal process.
    3. The girl stood up and talked into her phone. Never raised her voice.
    4. Your nephew didn't feel safer due to having interpreters? Agree we shouldn't have been there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's 35 million people living in Afghsnistan.
    Birth Rate = 38 per thousand, Death Rate = 13.7.
    Why is it a "fact" he is likely to die?
  • Options

We don't know why he claimed asylum, but it's very probable that the Taliban want him dead. He probably taught some girls how to read and write or something
  • Options
    My own feelings on the matter, tbf, are somewhere in the middle of all of this, although I'm inclined to say it's a good thing she stood up for someone who was obviously in distress
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Leuth said:

We don't know why he claimed asylum, but it's very probable that the Taliban want him dead. He probably taught some girls how to read and write or something
    The Swedish government know why he claimed asylum and have concluded that he's not at risk. It's very probable that they've done their homework on this to ensure that he isn't sent back in to a deathly situation.

All that said, they cannot guarantee his complete safety just the same as you cannot guarantee that he won't do what the other rejected asylum applicant did.
  • Options

Leuth said:

The Swedish government know why he claimed asylum and have concluded that he's not at risk. It's very probable that they've done their homework on this to ensure that he isn't sent back in to a deathly situation.

All that said, they cannot guarantee his complete safety just the same as you cannot guarantee that he won't do what the other rejected asylum applicant did.
    That....seems fair, and I did not think I'd be saying this on this thread

That said, as I was saying before, I think she acted because he was in despair, so the Swedish services clearly didn't do a very good job assuring him of his safety
  • Options
    Leuth said:

My own feelings on the matter, tbf, are somewhere in the middle of all of this, although I'm inclined to say it's a good thing she stood up for someone who was obviously in distress

So is that a back track from your statement that the Taliban, how did you state it, very probably want him dead? Based on what? Your in depth investigation into his case, or because you glanced at some media coverage of some Swede student type having a 'look at me, I'm so right-on' moment of fame?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

That....seems fair, and I did not think I'd be saying this on this thread

That said, as I was saying before, I think she acted because he was in despair, so the Swedish services clearly didn't do a very good job assuring him of his safety
    Only issue I have woth the above is that she didn't know he was in despair. She thought he was because of his outward actions and expressions, of which its not hard to put on.
  • Options
    So he was a good actor then? I thought the creative arts were frowned upon in Afghanistan ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When did she see him in distress and despair?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

So he was a good actor then? I thought the creative arts were frowned upon in Afghanistan ;)

If you never had two pennies to rub together but suddenly came in to a few thousand pounds to hand over to a people smuggler, wouldn't you at least expect some training :wink:
  • Options

Leuth said:

So is that a back track from your statement that the Taliban, how did you state it, very probably want him dead? Based on what? Your in depth investigation into his case, or because you glanced at some media coverage of some Swede student type having a 'look at me, I'm so right-on' moment of fame?
    They want everybody dead tbf
  • Options

When did she see him in distress and despair?

I assume she'd have had to find out something about him. You don't just see a random Middle Eastern bloke on a plane and start kicking off. At least I hope you don't
  • Options
    Can't believe how many fuckwits believe that an Afgan having fled to the West and being forcibly returned to his country won't find his life in danger from religious zealots.

My last post on the subject. No wish to engage further with the morally bankrupt.
  • Options

Can't believe how many fuckwits believe that an Afgan having fled to the West and being forcibly returned to his country won't find his life in danger from religious zealots.

My last post on the subject. No wish to engage further with the morally bankrupt.

Well its good-fucking-bye from this morally bankrupt fuckwit.
  • Options

Stay classy and morally superior.

Must be a great feeling to always consider yourself right.
  • Options

Leuth said:

I’m agreeing with a Millwall supporter! I feel dirty and am off to shower