Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Greatest Footballing Drama ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    liverpool v arsenal has to be the beest ever. My abiding memory is that wanker Steve McMahon walking round to all the players wagging 1 finger saying "1 minuite 1 minute

And the legend Brian Moore

"and it's up for grabs now"

What a night that was - never gone so mental at another teams win than that night.
  • Options
    Does anyone remember the Spurs v Man City cup game a few years ago? Spurs were 3-0 up and cruising, Man City won it 4-3 with a Jon Macken header in the last minute of injury time. Dancing round the front room, laughing at the look of sheer horror on the faces of the Spurs supporters. Fantastic!!! Best game of football I've ever watched on TV.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]Does anyone remember the Spurs v Man City cup game a few years ago? Spurs were 3-0 up and cruising, Man City won it 4-3 with a Jon Macken header in the last minute of injury time. Dancing round the front room, laughing at the look of sheer horror on the faces of the Spurs supporters. Fantastic!!! Best game of football I've ever watched on TV.

weren't city down to 10 men as well/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]Does anyone remember the Spurs v Man City cup game a few years ago? Spurs were 3-0 up and cruising, Man City won it 4-3 with a Jon Macken header in the last minute of injury time. Dancing round the front room, laughing at the look of sheer horror on the faces of the Spurs supporters. Fantastic!!! Best game of football I've ever watched on TV.

weren't city down to 10 men as well/

Barton got sent off just before half time. I was in Magaluf at the time with a yid mate and I remember him saying as they were three nil up that the referee had just ruined the game and that neither side should bother coming out for the second half.

Oh how did I laugh my nuts off when Macken snatched the header!!
  • Options
    How about the 1979 Cup Final, Arsenal v Man U. Pretty dranatic last few minutes, especially for such a big game.

(Was also the first final I remember watching!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]How about the 1979 Cup Final, Arsenal v Man U. Pretty dranatic last few minutes, especially for such a big game.

(Was also the first final I remember watching!)

Great FA Cup final that was, along with the 1981 final Spurs v Man City -both games.

The first game was dramatic enough due to Tommy Hutchinson's OG cancelling out his own strike when they looked like they were gonna win, but that was nowt compared to the replay with Ricky Villa scoring one of the greatest FA Cup final goals after watching him trudging to the tunnel in the first game...classic zero to hero stuff!
  • Options
    Liverpool v West Ham in 2006 was up there as a great final, or should it be Steven Gerrard v West Ham
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Collectively England v Germany along the years....1966,1970,1990, 1996, 2001....take your pick!
  • Options
    England V West Germany in 1990 had enough drama for me.....
    What about the Portugal game in the same tournament - well the last seconds at least.
    But to this day the best game I have ever seen for drama and incident (and only on MOTD) was the FA Cup semi from '78 between WBA and Ipswich at Highbury. Pens, sending offs, John Wyile's cut head.......
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Jossies Giants![/quote]

Now you're talking! Vicarage Road if I remember rightly?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    faded memories but remember late 70's or very early 80's standing in the old covered being 1-0 down to a team a couple of leagues lower than us with minutes to go and we then scored twice and won. Or more recent nearly losing to Dagenham and Redbridge.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Jossies Giants!

Now you're talking! Vicarage Road if I remember rightly?

no no no algarve.
    vicarage road was murphy's mob.
  • Options
    For the older ones here, Charlton v Brighton in the late 70's. The game was played at the Valley when we were re-developing the South Stand (wasn't called the JS then, Henry).It was a cold December day, the floodlights were on and the Brighton fans were congregated on the East Terrace. The crowd was about 10,000(?) and the covered end was packed to the rafters so plenty of terrace surges behind the goal. I can't recall exactly how the scoring sequence went but it was something like 1-0 Brighton, 2-1 Charlton, 3-2 Brighton and 4-3 Charlton being the final score. This was quite a big scalp at the time because Brighton were going well under the leadership of Alan (Spit) Mullery and they had the top goal scorer in the country in the shape of Peter Ward.

Oh how we celebrated at the final whistle.Some people even ran onto the pitch, Mr Chumley Warner..ah, those were the days.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]England V West Germany in 1990 had enough drama for me.....
    What about the Portugal game in the same tournament - well the last seconds at least.
    But to this day the best game I have ever seen for drama and incident (and only on MOTD) was the FA Cup semi from '78 between WBA and Ipswich at Highbury. Pens, sending offs, John Wyile's cut head.......[/quote]

The portugal game was 86'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite] or should it be Steven Gerrard v West Ham

Always makes me chuckle
  • Options
    here stan, can you send that to me, its well funny!! lol