Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POLL: Where will we finish this season?

Comments

• 13th - 20th
    I reckon 14th to 16th but a couple of good loan signings (like Amos and DaSilva last season) or a group of quality signings in the New Year after a takeover could improve things.
  • Play offs
    Successfully predicted top 6 last season and suspect more of the same. Can see us having a strong second half of the season
  • 7th - 12th
    Squad is small so we will need luck. Should we keep basically injury free then I think playoffs are very possible.
  • 13th - 20th
    I think the lack of squad depth will end up making it a mediocre season at best. A few more injuries and we are screwed.
  • 13th - 20th
    If we played our best 11 all season I'd say 7th to 12th but because we are significant weaker in a few first 11 positions of a team that finished 6th and a squad as thin as a postage stamp it'll be a bottom half finish though we'll have enough quality not to go down.

As bad as our team might potentially look with an injury crisis there really have been some awful teams at The Valley the last 2 years so we ought to have enough to not go down.
  • Champions
    Redbull to complete takeover and take us up
  • 7th - 12th
    I reckon we'll end up about 8th if we can stay relatively healthy. A few bad injuries and this could easily drop 4-5 places.
  • Play offs
    Playoffs

I think we have enough to be top half, but I also expect us to bring in a couple of decent loan signings AND of course when if the takeover happens, there should be some money to spend in January
  • 13th - 20th
    christ, just in terms of the actual teams in the division, with about 50 quid we should be competitive.

ROLAND OUT!!!!!!!!!!
  • 7th - 12th
    More frustration this season while the limbo and purgatory continue.
  • Sponsored links:

• 13th - 20th
    I lumped a monkey on us getting promoted last season. I’m not making that mistake again whilst 2 shats owns us.
  • Runners up
    Top 2 for me!

I really don’t think many teams are much better than we are in this division. Taylor and Igor are going to be a deadly strike force. Our defence is very solid as well.

I feel a key point has been overlooked that LB is a much better manager than KR! And knows how to set a team up to get results!
  • Play offs
    Play offs due to LB not being backed early in season
  • TELTEL
    edited August 2018
    7th - 12th
    As things stand, I’m thinking 10th Would be good but who knows who we may sign to bolster that into s play off team. We are paper thin at present and need 4-6 players in to make this into a play off squad.
  • Champions
    Champions by a country mile
  • 13th - 20th
    We have some good players. Midfield and back line is reasonably strong but we’re weak up front and the squad is paper thin. Get a few injuries and we’ll struggle. Think we’ll just manage to keep our heads above water in the relegation stakes
  • 7th - 12th
    may be higher if the takeover ever happens......
  • 7th - 12th
    I think we might do ok early doors, but squad is thin so think we will just miss out play offs or just squeeze in at this rate.

Ideally if we can be top 6 going into January and hopefully then we have a new owner who can put the funds in for us to challenge for top 2.
  • Champions
    After all the Aussie induced turmoil off the pitch it’s going to be embarrassingly straightforward on it. Runaway Champions.
  • 13th - 20th
    Every year under Roland we've started the season with a squad lacking depth. This time around we're starting the season with a squad lacking depth (even more so than usual) and lacking quality.

Inexperienced goalkeeper with no competition
    Strong back 4, but featuring two injury prone fullbacks
    Midfield - JFK, Aribo, Pratley, Marshall. Above average for the division, but no depth. Fosu brilliant but constantly injured.
    Up front - Taylor and ? Ajose maybe on his way, Vetokele - you'd expect him to have the time of his life in this division, but I doubt he'll ever be fit enough to witness that, Grant - unproven, not awful but not good enough to lead the line for a promotion-challenging side.

If everyone was fit at the same time we could field quite a good team, albeit with limited options on the bench. Luckily for us, this division is so poor that, if we have luck with injuries and Bowyer exceeds himself, we could make it to the January transfer window in touch with the play-offs. By then we might finally have some new owners who can splash the cash. But if Roland's still here in January and we have just a little bit of bad luck with injuries, there's a genuine danger we could end up in a relegation battle.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018
    13th - 20th
    Bottom half. Squad isn’t as strong as last seasons when I expected us to lose in the play-offs. Not convinced signings will come in now that will make enough of a difference.

Like every season under RD I think we’ll get off to a good start but injuries will cause us problems.
  • 7th - 12th
    We'll drift around mid table for the majority of the season without ever really going on any kind of run whether it be losing or winning - Think there will be a few times where we'll find ourselves quite close to the relegation zone yet never truly be in danger
  • 13th - 20th
    Long hard season spending more time looking over our shoulders than gazing wistfully upwards. Set your sights low and you'll never be disappointed.
  • Relegation
    Of greater concern will be finishing the season than where that finishing position might be. If we’re guessing on a similar poll in 12 months time we’ll be counting our lucky stars and our blessings. If the tombstone toothed cunt won’t even pay enough attention to get the deposit paid to get the replica kits into the shop before the season starts, what else is he going to have “not foreseen” and how long before that sees the whole poxy pantomime shut down? The duchatelet disease is rapidly rotting the whole body of CAFC. He’ll pull the plug on the life support on a whim, without warning, without a backward glance.
  • 7th - 12th

Of greater concern will be finishing the season than where that finishing position might be. If we’re guessing on a similar poll in 12 months time we’ll be counting our lucky stars and our blessings. If the tombstone toothed cunt won’t even pay enough attention to get the deposit paid to get the replica kits into the shop before the season starts, what else is he going to have “not foreseen” and how long before that sees the whole poxy pantomime shut down? The duchatelet disease is rapidly rotting the whole body of CAFC. He’ll pull the plug on the life support on a whim, without warning, without a backward glance.

You are a cheery soul...
  • 7th - 12th

You are a cheery soul...
    Well it appears anyone who voted 12th or above like me brought a smile to his face. :wink:
  • Play offs
    I reckon playoffs.
    Although I'm not that fussed and wont be back until the Rat sells.
  • 13th - 20th
    I just can't feel anything positive about Charlton at all at the moment.

I was really hoping this summer might be the one to reinvigorate my love for the club but it really hasn't.
  • edited August 2018
    7th - 12th
    I back our acadamy to have another Aribo/Dijksteel stashed in it who will step in and be good enough to keep us as a top half team, but nowhere near enough senior pros to entertain promotion.

I'd also say that the division looks potentially even weaker than last season.
  • edited August 2018
    Champions
    Redhenry said:

may be higher if the takeover ever happens......

can you elaborate@Redhenry