Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POLL: Where will we finish this season?

Comments

• Options
    Play offs
    Play offs if Lyle Taylor doesn't become Charltonised.
  • Options
    7th - 12th
    Cannot see anything better than mid table.
  • Options
    7th - 12th
    And the lower end of that category to be honest. 11-12th.

Would be amazed if this current squad finishes top 10.

Should a takeover happen i will revise my opinion.
  • Options
    7th - 12th
    Injuries already pilling up before we have kicked a ball, a worry given the threadbare squad. The ongoing ownership issues will also affect the league position
  • Options
    13th - 20th
    Bowyer to get found out leading to mid table mediocrity
  • Options
    Down the peninsula
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    7th - 12th
    It really is quite hard to be optimistic.

Some decent players, especially in defense, but injuries and squad size will be our undoing, lets just hope it doesn't completely unravel.

On a positive note I would not be surprised to see 1-2 permanent signings. Then of course we have the loan player lottery which could unearth some gems or saddle us with some donkeys. Lets just hope that we end up with 2-3 additional players fit for purpose.

God help us if we don't
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    13th - 20th
    Very difficult to say given what may happen. If a takeover goes. through this side of Christmas we may be able to bolster what we already have and finish top half. If we continue flogging the family silver and accumulating injuries, the absolute desolation in morale that would result from continuing into the New year with Twoshits in control will see us finish bottom by a distance (with maybe Burton for company). If we are phenomenally lucky with injuries and the players and management don’t give up the ghost, we might just scrape 20th.
  • Options
    Runners up
    Seriously.

If we have a relatively injury free season (yes, I know, I know!) we could really do well.

I just don’t have it in me to say we will be fighting relegation, we have too many players like Pearce, Solly, Pratley, Forster-Caskey who just wouldn’t let that happen.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Relegation
    No owner, no CEO, no strategy, no strength in depth, no strengthening of the squad, no new manager bounce, no electricity, no hope. We are dependent on other teams being bad just to avoid relegation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Play offs

Shrewsbury love us

tbh hes only got the hump because his sister put a kibosh on things
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    13th - 20th
    13th to 20th

Pros

-we have some good players for this level and the basis of a good side.

-although inexperienced, I’ve got a fair amount of confidence in Lee Bowyer’s ability to motivate the players.

Cons

-the level of squad depth is pitiful. By my reckoning, we only have 17 players who have started a league game (16 if, and when, Ajose departs). Once we suffer the inevitable injuries, suspensions and loss of form, we’ll be screwed, confidence will dip and we’ll struggle to get results.

-although we had two exceptional loanees last year in Da Silva and Amos, that was unusual. We also had duds like Kaikai and, of course, the great Joe Dodo. Given Duchatelet’s extreme penny pinching and the club’s poor reputation in the game, I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we get a couple of decent players in. We need at least 4 or 5 to sustain a challenge.

-the side lacks creativity, both in central midfield and in wide areas. Our best flair player, Fosu, is injury prone and looks to have a significant problem.

-notwithstanding the signing of Lyle Taylor (a significant upgrade on Josh), I don’t think the team has enough goals in it. I think that Karlan will do well but we need more firepower and I’m not confident that we’ll get it.

-if Duchatelet is still here when the season gets properly underway, the atmosphere is likely to turn toxic to a greater or lesser degree and, ultimately, that is likely to affect morale around the club.

The margins between success and failure are pretty small in this league. We weren’t good enough last season and, given that the squad is now materially weaker, I think that we’ll finish lower mid-table.
  • Options
    Runners up
    Yes our squad is paper thin,but we have several players who should be outstanding in this league,Jfc,Pearce Baur,pratley,Igor,Taylor should all excell,if only Solly and Page can remain fit our defense is sound,get Clarke Reeves and Fosu fit,Give Grant an opportunity and who knows what we can achieve.
  • Options
    Play offs
    Injuries tend to happen more in the lower leagues so we may have a decent starting 11 but it won’t last us the whole season.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    13th - 20th
    We’re fucked and I reckon we’re going to stay fucked until at least January
  • Options
    13th - 20th
    I voted 13th to 20th last season too I think. I was glad to be very wrong, our run in and play-off cameo was the most excitement we've had in a few years. I wouldn't mind being wrong again if it brings us some luck.
  • Options
    13th - 20th
    No realistic end in sight to the takeover saga. In the meantime, Roland continues to make the same old mistakes (or very possibly has now just lost all interest). We are in no better a position than a year ago, and in my opinion anyone who thinks we'll finish higher than mid table is being mugged off by the regime yet again.
  • Options
    Relegation
    We are fucked. No takeover, once again not enough playing staff, arsehole owner, rest of club determined to fuck stuff up one way or another. Bowyer has to work a miracle
  • Options
    7th - 12th
    I get the negativity, but do we really think that even if we have 4-5 injuries, our 2nd string are not better than that of say Rochdale?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Relegation
    If Roland stays and this takeover trauma continues then relegation is the most likely outcome.

If the takeover actually happens then I could see a playoff place following a well executed January transfer market - but most likely paying over the odds.
  • Options
    Relegation
    rananegra said:

I get the negativity, but do we really think that even if we have 4-5 injuries, our 2nd string are not better than that of say Rochdale?

I think the issue is we're now selling our 2nd string!
  • Options
    7th - 12th
    Under the present owner sadly the ‘food’ will continue to remain tasteless (mid table). But with new owners and hopefully 3 or 4 new chefs the menu, cooking and victuals will improve greatly and hopefully a Michelin star (promotion) will come our way –
    Yours, a disgruntled eater 
  • Options
    Relegation
    rananegra said:

Is that the same Rochdale that beat us last season?
  • Options
    13th - 20th
    rananegra said:

Are half of Rochdale’s 2nd string 18-20 year olds with barely any first team experience?
  • Options
    13th - 20th
    13-20th. If I had to guess, 15th. Although I suspect at some point we will be in the drop zone for a while.
  • Options
    Relegation
    Chizz said:

It's the first of August. We don't have a full-time Manager, Chairman, CEO or Finance Director. We have sold some of our best players and sent back loanees, without adequately replacing them. We have too few players and the ones we have aren't good enough.

I reserve the right to change my mind when (or if) the facts change. But I can't see how the present shambles of a club can avoid relegation.

This must be a first...totally agree with you...
  • Options
    7th - 12th
    As things stand Mid- table at best. Hopefully better if we can get the takeover sorted and strengthen the squad mid season.
  • Options
    13th - 20th
    i think we will be in a relegation battle. I don't think we will go down as with every year in this league it always surprises me how shit some of the other teams are. just got to find 4 worse teams done us. gonna be tough.