Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey has done his ACL

Comments

• Options
    uie2 said:

and Pratley and Taylor set to miss the game. So it’s our normal defence plus the u23s

Getting utterly ridiculous now!
    Now??

Bowyer said last week that Taylor would be missing the game and Pratley wouldnt be ready(dont see that myself as he has played in the last couple of friendlies i am sure he could last 60 minutes)
    But anyway these 2 missing are not new
  • Options
    This really is bloody dire
  • Options
    We might have been attempting to keep it quiet to effect Sunderland's preparations.
  • Options

If it does transpire that jfc is injured following what’s just been put up on the OS, then the lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

If JFC is injured why say right before a game though as it tells Sunderland they dont have to worry about him

Like the "supposed" England team sheet that got leaked, why would you give away anything about your team that could aid the opposition just to appease the fans who may / may not have heard nothing more than a rumour

In a way by keeping quiet its working to our advantage as Sunderland will be questionning whether he's playing or not (if they've heard the rumour) so will now be wondering who'll be playing in his stead and whether they need to adjust their tactics accordingly

i.e. Bowyer admitted after the Plymouth game that we targeted their Defensive Midfielder to keep them quiet, his whole prep in the days leading up to that game would have been buggered had he not played
    I admire your optimism but we’re getting beat 5-0 regardless of the pre-match mind games. I’m sure Sunderland will be quaking in their boots when they find George Lapslie is playing in his place!
    Are we? - Fucking hell some dont learn do they, disgusted by the line up last week yet we still won!!

Someone tell me what is so bloody great about Sunderland at the moment??? - half their squad is injured too, Jack Ross dont just have to rebuild his squad yet has to rebuild their confidence too!!... TWO wins is all they got at the Stadium of Light last season, you dont just stop that rot and turn in around in an instance!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%80%9319_Sunderland_A.F.C._season#Pre-season_friendlies

This is your MIGHTY Sunderland that are going to beat us 5-0 when they've had a pretty shite pre-season?
    You do when the Charlton Athletic Charitable Foundation comes to town.
  • Options
    CACF?
  • Options
    Ridiculous. Without any sort of signing I genuinely believe we could be gone this season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now confirmed after the bullshit team news article last put up last nite.
  • Options
    Gutted
  • Options
    Bad news for us and him. Will be missed for is play and character. Come back stronger Jake.
  • Options
    Massive shame for the lad, one of the best players in the league.
  • Options
    I could actually cry now. A terrible season awaits.
  • Options

Now confirmed after the bullshit team news article last put up last nite.

You shouldn't treat those as gospel at the best of times. With JFC, the news broke here because we have someone who is very close to the club/players. The club confirmed it 36-48 hours later, which is roughly the amount of time it takes to get a diagnosis (depending, obviously). The issue here is not how team news has been written up over the last two days, it's that we can't name a full bench for the first match of the season.
  • Options
    Must be the worst luck for a player getting a season ending injury even before a ball is kicked in anger

There needs to be an investigation within the Sport as there are far too many players getting this type of issue now - Is it the style of the boot they wear now, it the training regimes etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wish Jake all the very best for a speedy recovery. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think his contract is up next summer? So I’ll doubt we’ll see him in a Charlton shirt again
  • Options
    Absolutely devastated....... One of the worst kinds of injury a footballer can have. I hope he'll get a full recovery soon. :cry:
  • Options
    Very sad for the player, an already depleted team has lost arguably one of the better midfielders we have, without major investment which we know won't happen this is going to be a long hard season of flirting at the bottom.
  • Options
    No chance of a miraculous recovery the day after the old bastard sells up, I suppose...
  • Options

imageimage/>BRILLIANT LADS

Awesome team spirit. That’s the Charlton we love

• Options
    An awful injury at the worst time for a player. Best of luck to him. Nice touch by the players, I like the spirit in the playing staff which was never there under RD before Bowyer came on board in my opinion. It’s enough for me at this moment, all the takeover stuff is beyond players and fans. We’ll win a few, we’ll lose as many probably but when has it ever been much different.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    PaddyP17 said:

Putting everything re the Club to one side for a minute -

Jake, in the unlikely event you're reading this, all the very best. From personal experience I know it's a motherfucker of an injury to get, but you can beat it. Take your time for your own sake and literally take it one step at a time. Good luck mate.

And opening the bowling for Old Colfeians 4th X1 is a lot more strenuous than bossing Charlton's midfield :wink:
  • Options
    it's all been written .. best of luck and a quick and complete recovery Jake