Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey has done his ACL

Comments

• Options
    _MrDick said:

Wish Jake all the very best for a speedy recovery. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think his contract is up next summer? So I’ll doubt we’ll see him in a Charlton shirt again

Not necessarily
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this confirmed, a quality player and a big miss, all the best with your rehab Jake.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Wish Jake all the very best for a speedy recovery. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think his contract is up next summer? So I’ll doubt we’ll see him in a Charlton shirt again

Well not that one anyway. RD's put it on E Bay already.
  • Options
    With injuries like these, won't we have insurance to cover the wages we're still paying over the course of the season for him?
  • Options

With injuries like these, won't we have insurance to cover the wages we're still paying over the course of the season for him?

Only in part I would think, with RD picking a cheap insurance.

But JFC surely will extend the contract with another season now? Cant see him making a comeback for another club, after being injury treated for a full season at CAFC.
  • Options
    Just hope JFC can keep his head straight. Very difficult time for a young sportsman. Wishing him all the very best.
  • Options
    I wish him well too. Seemed a very nice young man at Kit sponsor's evening.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    seems like a lovely bloke and hope he recovers quickly- but the shirt was a bit silly and would of rather had 1/3 points to come back with instead of a decent photo for the gram.

as i am sure we were ripping shreds out of city for doing the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

seems like a lovely bloke and hope he recovers quickly- but the shirt was a bit silly and would of rather had 1/3 points to come back with instead of a decent photo for the gram.

Lyle Taylor was showing solidarity with his injured absent team mate.
    Personally, I think it was great gesture - and indicator of strong team spirit.

• Options

What a silly comment. What has holding a shirt up got to do with drawing or winning the game?
    the point i was making is a.) a LOT of posters on here were slaughtering city for doing it. b.) we threw away a 1 goal lead and missed out on points, so im never going to be happy when we lose - when we had opporunity to win the game.

lastly its a forum - which everyone is entitled to there opinion, so may be silly in your opinion but im allowed mine ta
  • Options
    JFC has an account on Instagram. I think those who also have Instagram accounts can go on his page and send best wishes to him. From his message put out on the club official site we can see he was clearly devastated so he'll probably need our support along the way to full recovery.

https://www.instagram.com/jakeforstercaskey/
  • Options
    clive said:
    From reading this heart felt message. He was obviously devastated. Big loss to us and to him. Really hope we see him again in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    Christ, we’re in a mess with contracts running down, aren’t we?

Thanks Roland
  • Options
    Surprised he's only just the op, has Roland cut the private medical work, and now waiting on the NHS?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Rothko said:

Surprised he's only just the op, has Roland cut the private medical work, and now waiting on the NHS?

Richard Murray was the surgeon - he only got back from Holiday 2 days ago.
  • Options
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery Jake.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wish him a speedy recovery. Talented player and nice lad.
  • Options
  • Options

Christ, we’re in a mess with contracts running down, aren’t we?

Thanks Roland

We’re stuffed if we don’t go up this year
  • Options
    Well said Sage

No point scoring against the Belgian here we all wish JFC a all the best 👍

I actually had think in Cullen we have a player who is as good or better but would love the club to make a statement and sign Jake for another 2 years, he deserves it

Lot of love for JFC
  • Options

Charlton manager Lee Bowyer wants to hand Jake Forster-Caskey a new deal – even though the midfielder is set to miss the rest of the League One campaign.
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/jake-forster-caskey-gets-positive-news-on-contract-situation-at-charlton-athletic/
  • Options
    Think Roland would be mad to let Forster-Caskey go on a free

Bloke was a regular for the England U21s and has played a good number of games in the Championship

No reason why he cant play there again, if its for us next season then brilliant, if he has to play another year in League One then I think it'll be better for us than for another team, in which case he can probably put in the performances to get noticed by a Championship side like what Magennis achieved with Bolton this summer

From our current collection of Midfielders though (as mentioned on the Billy Clarke thread) there arent any players I'd want to ship out to accommodate someone else though. maybe Pratley if anyone?
  • Options
    clive said:

Charlton manager Lee Bowyer wants to hand Jake Forster-Caskey a new deal – even though the midfielder is set to miss the rest of the League One campaign.
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/jake-forster-caskey-gets-positive-news-on-contract-situation-at-charlton-athletic/

I’m sure we will offer him something. It won’t be before the new year, like those others we need to sort out.
    Not sure what's so special about the new year. Why not sort out the contracts now?

And if it's because of Roland, if he's still here in the New Year then nothing has changed...
  • Options

From our current collection of Midfielders though (as mentioned on the Billy Clarke thread) there arent any players I'd want to ship out to accommodate someone else though. maybe Pratley if anyone?

Why would you want Pratley gone so quickly? Bowyer won't.

Pratley might not have made the most impressive start, and not as cultured as some of our other midfielders - but brings hard running and aggression to our side. He's our Mr Nasty, he's here to do a job and stop opponents playing.

Remember, we're in the Third Division ..... we can't always get results with a team full of ballplayers.
    We need that physical edge, we need experience and we need players who can step in and get in the oppo's faces.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Why would you want Pratley gone so quickly? Bowyer won't.

Pratley might not have made the most impressive start, and not as cultured as some of our other midfielders - but brings hard running and aggression to our side. He's our Mr Nasty, he's here to do a job and stop opponents playing.

Remember, we're in the Third Division ..... we can't always get results with a team full of ballplayers.
    We need that physical edge, we need experience and we need players who can step in and get in the oppo's faces.

I think he's made an impressive start and would happily keep them all - Your right that we shouldnt be hasty to get rid of Pratley from the squad because he is Mr Nasty compared to others

I guess with hindsight there isnt a chance in hell of us keeping Cullen next year so guess JFC will simply replace him in the Squad
  • Options
    Hi Forever ..... I just meant that in the summer Bowyer bust a gut to get Pratley, because he's a certain type of player that we were lacking.

Bowyer also bust a gut to get Cullen - again because he was an industrious but cultured player that could add something extra to our squad.

All summer I have been posting that IMO, Bowyer wants to build a team in his own image ..... aggressive, hard running, with ability on the ball, and the will to win. Look at Ward, another recent signing who ticks the box.

Incidentally, I believe Cullen is in his final year of his West Ham contract ...... should West Ham get relegated no doubt they'll want to keep him or the player may choose to go elsewhere. Otherwise, if Charlton get promoted and play in the Championship themselves, he may well like to stay - even though we should offer a fit again JFC a new contract.

Who knows ? It could all depend on which division we're in. We can't start guessing next season's squad right now.