Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    As long only PART of the building was set on fire it's fine I'm sure....
  • Options
    Out of Europe once again, back to winning the pub league.
  • Options
    time to start deducting the twats points

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47276671 

and while we're at it, time to start deducting these twats points

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-clarke-rangers-sectarian-blast-14029236 
    seriously, they're worse than all the racists at Charlton 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47350978 
  • Options
    its a weekly turn of being outraged at each others "vile" fans
  • Options
    Celtic fans yesterday cheering when a motherwell player was knocked unconscious apparently.

Both as bad as each other
  • Options
    its a weekly turn of being outraged at each others "vile" fans
    Indeed one eyed jacks comes to mind. 
  • Options
    Just said on Talksport that Brendan Rodgers is leaving Celtic for Leicester City.
  • Options
    Could make the final weeks of the Scottish season a little more interesting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not surprised he wants the Leicester Job, will also be funny if they fall apart when he leaves. 

other than that back to front Lennon, i'm not sure who they will get in for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Hoping Rodgers does go to Leicester, missed having him in the Premier League, fantastic manager
  • Options
    Hoping Rodgers does go to Leicester, missed having him in the Premier League, fantastic manager
    I’m not sure about fantastic manager. I reckon he’s a great man manager but I’m still sceptical when it comes to tactics. At Liverpool he had Suarez and I’m pretty sure he was the first manager in 50 years at Liverpool to go potless in his first 3 seasons. Hard to judge at Celtic as most managers would be a success there, yet any half decent team they faced in Europe they got knocked out. Leicester is becoming a bit of a poisoned chalice with the new expectation there, I think he may struggle.
  • Options
    Leicester is becoming a bit of a poisoned chalice with the new expectation there, I think he may struggle.
    This.  Leicester were very very good when they played Spurs a couple of weeks ago.  Puel was beginning to build a very good side.  Youthful, pacey and skillful.  I'd go as far as saying they are actually playing more attractive football now than when they won the title but they seem to be struggling for consistency.  No excuse being hammered 4-1 at home by the Croydon Pikeys
  • Options

Managing Celtic is literally the easiest role in football.

............him coming back to the prem gives Darren Farley more material

• Options
    Leicester is a very decent job for Rodgers. If we assume that he wouldn't be considered for a top 6 club these days then Leicester (and possibly Everton) is as good a role as he'd get in the premier league.
  • Options
    Will be a good move for Rodgers - being at Celtic will seriously stagnate his career as it can't be very challenging at all.
  • Options
    Lids off out they come... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Awww chins up, you can support Leicester now as well
  • Options
    not surprised he wants the Leicester Job, will also be funny if they fall apart when he leaves. 

other than that back to front Lennon, i'm not sure who they will get in for the rest of the season.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47371095 
  • Options
    Awww chins up, you can support Leicester now as well
    Why
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Neil Lennon in till end of season 
  • Options
    Neil Lennon in till end of season 
    Good timing for him with another treble looming. 
  • Options
    I’m not sure about fantastic manager. I reckon he’s a great man manager but I’m still sceptical when it comes to tactics. At Liverpool he had Suarez and I’m pretty sure he was the first manager in 50 years at Liverpool to go potless in his first 3 seasons. Hard to judge at Celtic as most managers would be a success there, yet any half decent team they faced in Europe they got knocked out. Leicester is becoming a bit of a poisoned chalice with the new expectation there, I think he may struggle.
    Liverpool fans hate him with a vengeance and reckon he took the club back years. They call him deluded Brendon.
  • Options
    Don't understand it at all. Surely stay until the end of the season, secure a treble treble, and leave with the club's and fans' blessing.

Thrown all that away for the first job that comes his way. I know he has a massive ego but what does he really expect to achieve at Leicester? Ranieri won the league and was shown the door six months later. Rodgers will be gone by the end of next season - and then what?
  • Options
    Don't understand it at all. Surely stay until the end of the season, secure a treble treble, and leave with the club's and fans' blessing.

Thrown all that away for the first job that comes his way. I know he has a massive ego but what does he really expect to achieve at Leicester? Ranieri won the league and was shown the door six months later. Rodgers will be gone by the end of next season - and then what?
    As i mentioned further up, if we assume that he won't be considered for a top 6 club then Leicester and Everton are as good a role as he'd get in the premier league these days. So if one of them offers him a job, why will he say no, watch someone else take the job and then come the summer, there are no decent offers.

To look at it another way, when he's already won 7 trophies out of 7 there, why stay at Celtic where you don't get any credit? Win the treble? So what, you're expected to.
    They went 69 games unbeaten and no one batted an eyelid.
  • Options

As i mentioned further up, if we assume that he won't be considered for a top 6 club then Leicester and Everton are as good a role as he'd get in the premier league these days. So if one of them offers him a job, why will he say no, watch someone else take the job and then come the summer, there are no decent offers.

To look at it another way, when he's already won 7 trophies out of 7 there, why stay at Celtic where you don't get any credit? Win the treble? So what, you're expected to.
    They went 69 games unbeaten and no one batted an eyelid.
    He could have held on until the end of the season, surely. His stock would only have risen further if he managed to win the final two trophies Celtic are competing for, so hanging on another two/three more months wouldn't have done his chances of getting a Prem job any harm at all. Probably the opposite. 

I know what you're saying about the level of club he could expect to get, but frankly, middling Premier League jobs come along all the time. That's what makes the timing so strange for many observers. Particularly as he claimed he's been a fan of the club all his life. To walk away from 'your' team at the first opportunity, and in the middle of the season, seems odd. It certainly hasn't gone down well with their fans, anyway!