Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018/2019 Betting Thread

Comments

• Options

Flawed logic? I put it to you gamblers, currently Shaun Murphy is 40/1 with the bookies to win the World Championship, personally I think this is a great price, although who is playing is the form player and likely to lose imo.

Looking at that price , if he can overcome Robbo he will go probably around 10-1 or better. When I put it on it was 5-4 so not much in it and he is capable when he gets going. Is this a) a great bet , obviously relies on a bit of luck to get through b) silly as I actually think he will lose.

Only put a £10 for the punt, I accept its a lost bet but if he goes through this could look very good!

I did win a darts accy last night and snooker one in the week, but betting a lot with winnings and had a couple withdrawals too. Basically in spin mode so betting more than usual but haven't deposited for a month and a few withdrawals.

• Options
    End of season games hard to call.

West Brom, Carlisle, Mansfield   Win treble

Preston, Bristol City, Exeter, Sunderland Goals Galore Fourfold. 
  • Options
    Oxford City to beat a failing Dartford 11/4
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    2/1, in a double with concord returns £195 , mate had a tip they were on better form/ had their first team players back and higher in the league so hopefully a bit of value. I was going to swerve gone quite hard today (not by CS standards) 
  • Options
    Just seen the welling team sheet and they are fielding their strongest side available.
    welling -1 at 2/1 looks very good
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    2/1, in a double with concord returns £195 , mate had a tip they were on better form/ had their first team players back and higher in the league so hopefully a bit of value. I was going to swerve gone quite hard today (not by CS standards) 
    Wouldn’t back Concord. Players been told their ground not good enough for promotion so can’t takenoart in play offs. 

The club have known for few months but not told the players. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    IdleHans said:
    Wouldn’t back Concord. Players been told their ground not good enough for promotion so can’t takenoart in play offs. 

The club have known for few months but not told the players. 
    Too late, i wasn't going to but after @iIdleHans tip thought i can afford cheeky double. As they say only bet what you can afford :P betting tokens havent topped up for a while so all good. But cheers for the info 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Did this double (Oxford and Concord) myself as well as the two singles. Nice return today.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Cheers read this and had £5 double 5/2 & 9/2  
  • Options
    Aribo saved me today! 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bet365 offering imo a very generous 4/1 on a penalty being awarded in the Burnley Man City match.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Cheers read this and had £5 double 5/2 & 9/2  
    Well done boys! I also had a treble thar come in so 280 won today  another nice withdrawal with betting tokens in account which I haven't topped up for a month or 2. Ironically been betting more than ever, pretty much every day as just spinning winnings. Hopefully I haven't jynxed it .
  • Options
    Back of the net. 

Big Stake, Big Returns.

Well Done Mate.
  • Options

So I am probably jinxing this bet but I thought I would share it:

£5 - Free

Liverpool, Spurs, Clyde, Chelsea, Newport, Tranmere

Obviously looked dead and buried for Spurs, current cashout £85, I did look at putting £50-60 on treble but that was more around £400 return, I have to let it run after all its a free bet. After my recent form it might be time for me to deposit first time in month or 2.... well hopefully not :)

• Options
    Longshot but before last nights games i went for:
    Liverpool to win CL
    Arsenal to win Europa
    Villa to win play offs
    Charlton to win PO
    Tranmere to win  PO
    Salford to win PO

Very unlikely but £5 returns £1,300, why not? hopefully dont fall at the first hurdle on Saturday !
  • Options
    @bobmunro

Not sure if this has been asked before, but do you have any involvement with the bet365 twitter account. I've noticed it seems to post a lot of pro-Charlton stuff.

Just coincidence or have you had a word in the ear of your social media team?
  • Options
    I really really, really, REALLY want us to get to Wembley. 
    So a big bet on Donny to win on Friday night...
  • Options
    So every Charlton positive tweet from 365 is basically someone sucking up to the boss.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So every Charlton positive tweet from 365 is basically someone sucking up to the boss.
    That is one interpretation I suppose!
  • Options
    Evens tomorrow is MASSIVE for CAFC. 
  • Options
    JT said:
    Evens tomorrow is MASSIVE for CAFC. 

Agreed, I wont back us though as I have us for promotion with about 5 games left £25 returns £120. Also the playoff winners/Europa champions league which was posted, which is looking decent at mo...
  • Options
    Liverpool to win CL
    Arsenal to win Europa
    Villa to win play offs
    Charlton to win PO
    Tranmere to win  PO
    Salford to win PO

Very unlikely but £5 returns £1,300, why not? hopefully dont fall at the first hurdle on Saturday !
  • Options
    Liverpool to win CL
    Arsenal to win Europa
    Villa to win play offs
    Charlton to win PO
    Tranmere to win  PO
    Salford to win PO

Looking well @johnnybev1987
    Salford won already. The other 5 as an acca is now best priced at 20/1
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Liverpool to win CL
    Arsenal to win Europa
    Villa to win play offs
    Charlton to win PO
    Tranmere to win  PO
    Salford to win PO

Looking well @johnnybev1987
    Salford won already. The other 5 as an acca is now best priced at 20/1

Shhhhh ;)

Cashout at £43, which is rubbish but Charlton get through tonight all one off games, also backed Charlton for promotion a couple of months ago (don't tell anyone)

Still a long shot but its coming in, just one off games who knows, happy with each side in each respective final aswell. Chelsea Arsenal, is tough to call but with Aubeymeyang + Laca firing they should more than enough.

• Options
    edited May 2019

So people any bets for the final? any good value, post here surely there could be a couple of gems. or effectively something to commiserate if things don't go our way...

I've got 2 currently:

£3 on Wyke to score first and either Sunderland win 3-1 or Charlton win 2-1  @ 50/1

£2 on Naby first goal and Charlton 2-1 220/1

£4 on Grigg first goalscorer and Sunderland win 2-1 35/1

Added another - hopefully trying to jynx rather then profit from our downfall

• Options
    Lyle Taylor hat trick anyone? 66/1 to equal Super Clive's record (well not exactly because it has to be inside 90 minutes) 
  • Options
    Did this 3 weeks ago hence the good prices.

• Options
    Got this for the weekend.  Purely because he’s always a danger and that’s a staggering price.