Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lou Macari and monkey dust

2»

Comments

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    Showed himself to be a thoroughly decent guy in the excellent BBC film 'Marvellous'. Hugely recommended on here several times, and enjoyable even for those who don't much like football.
    More power to the bloke, and good to have another positive for football to set against all the negative stuff thats out there.

Mr Macari appears truly to be a rare rare specimen. All the better for not relentlessly illuminating his works on soshal meeja to bathe in the perceived reflected glory, he just gets on with it.

He most certainly is a rare specimen - and understandably, and quite rightly, he is hugely respected in Stoke.
  • Options
    There is actually a really good documentary about Lou Macari on MUTV, which we get as part of our package here (I would never pay for such filth!) He is obviously a wonderful human being, and in his days with Swindon was heavily involved with the disabled supporters of the club, some of whom he is still in contact with today. Also has worked with the disaffected youth in Manchester for a number of years, and is very much ‘hands on’ with his charities involvement, and certainly doesn’t do it for publicity. As part of the same show, he also explains why he bought a ‘Fish and Chip’ shop, a stone’s throw from Old Trafford, apparently he bought it to give his Mum something to do, when she moved down from Glasgow, but she died suddenly before she had moved down, and he could never bring himself to sell it, so it still there today looking exactly as it did in 1976!
    Toby Jones does a magnificent performance in Marvellous as the mentally challenged Neil Baldwin who became the kit man at Stoke.  Macari had a lot to do with Baldwin being appointed to the position.
  • Options
    Go here
    https://www.gov.uk/honours/nominate-someone-in-the-uk
    and nominate him for an honour.  I'll be doing it tomorrow (been up for hours with indigestion and I'm so tired I can't see straight).  Anyone know a Stoke supporter to get them involved?
  • Options
    Monkey dust was one of my favourite TV shows growing up.