Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Accrington 1 CAFC 1 POST MATCH THREAD

This is how bad it's become. Bloody Accrington Stanley.

Comments

• Same old same old. Not enough squad depth to be able to hold onto games
  • As above. Not enough squad depth or quality to finish teams off. Thank you Douchebag you tight arse turd skinner.
  • Need to score more goals.
  • This is how bad it's become. Bloody Accrington Stanley.

Worse than that is we can't actually expect much more with how small our squad is
  • Wasn't there so can't know for sure.

But two subs made in the 73rd and 90th minute doesn't seem enough for me really. You have Dijksteel on the bench that's able to make an impact for a tiring player but doesn't seem to want to play him.
  • edited August 2018
    @Oakster what does "true Charlton spirit" mean?
  • Not there. Followed here and on Twitter. Don’t think Bowyer makes the most of substituting tired legs...
  • A point is a point but Accrington Stanley ffs.
  • Wasn't there so can't know for sure.

But two subs made in the 73rd and 90th minute doesn't seem enough for me really. You have Dijksteel on the bench that's able to make an impact for a tiring player but doesn't seem to want to play him.

He's proving to be more reactive than proactive. It's a trait the last managers have had, and it's not gone well
  • Sponsored links:

• Still 5th /s
  • edited August 2018
    Settle in, we all know what a season under Roland brings...

NEVER been so disinterested.
  • edited August 2018
    Sounds like (and going by Red Robin's marks) it went to pot when Lapslie went off
  • Sounds like (and going by Red Robin's marks) it went to pot when Lapslie went off

It sounds like they had chances and were in the ascendency before that though.

Red Robin, when he came on, where was Marshall playing? Was he part of a midfield three?
  • Whatever.

If you know you don’t have a good enough squad before the season starts, it means you aren’t bothered by a 1-1 draw away at Accrington. That’s what you expect the results to be like. Last week we pulled out a last minute winner, this week we didn’t.

Is it avoidable? Yes. Is it unexpected? No.

Could Peterborough be painful on Tuesday...? - Hell yeah!!

They're my personal favourites for promotion this season, only Warnock has been promoted more times than Steve Evans
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018
    Waiting to hear from some mates who were there.

Doesn't sound the greatest today, but a bit soon to write off the season with 129 points still to play for.

Some good players not so far from fitness, the kids with the chance to get involved, a manager with less than 20 games' experience doing more good things than bad, and with luck the whole club due an almighty boost when the rat finally clears off. Sure, the situation could be better but things WILL improve.

Tuesday night's performance against Posh should show a lot about this team.
  • This is how bad it's become. Bloody Accrington Stanley.

Who are they?
    Exactly!
  • edited August 2018
    Tight game, tight ground, didn't do enough, didn't test their keeper.

Grant might have nicked it at the but we weren't good enough.
  • Stig said:

Performance as disappointing as the result. Most of our players looked better than their counterparts, but there was little energy and no spark. Looked like we sat back thinking one goal would be enough. Thought Lapslie was our best player so disappointed that he was subbed.

Can't argue with the result, I but did wonder if our goal had actually crossed the line - the ref gave them so many free kicks for nothing that I thought he must be trying to redress the balance for something.

Good day out despite what happened on the pitch. Thank you Charlton Athletic for making my home boycott easier. Roland out.

Good summary. I'm so impressed with what I've seen of Lapslie so far. I thought Grant looked like he'd lost some bulk too - might explain his good start to the season.
  • Same old same old. Not enough squad depth to be able to hold onto games

I don’t disagree at all that we need Roland out nor that our squad is small but we can’t blame that every game. We need to take chances at 1-0 and the failure to do that is not related to how weak our bench is.
  • Tight game, tight ground, didn't do enough, didn't test their keeper.

Grant might have nicked it
    at the but we weren't good enough.

Might have done better passing rather than trying to shoot from such a narrow angle.