Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Accrington 1 CAFC 1 POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    That’s my brother. I’m just out of shot and have just got home to Maidstone after a 5hr drive zzzzz
  • Options

Oh just out of interest, who on earth was the fellow behind the goal, completely sozzled belting out a slow rendition of Jerusalem?

He’s gonna have one sore head in the morning!

A legend that lad. You must have seen him before. Used to be about 10 stone heavier. Regular home and away and with England. That was standard behaviour for him.
  • Options
    Weird consistency about our season so far. Always taking the lead, then being pegged back. Then 3 different results.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Post deleted due to @clb74 being a miserable bugger.

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

Better than nothing but mid table for us I think this season, a lot of teams look considerably stronger this season, pboro and Pompey to name a few

It's very early days still. Make your judgement after 10 or 12 games.

We've got half a team's worth of key players missing:
    JFC is a big loss.
    Pearce is defensive organiser and battle hardened inspiration - and skipper.
    Fosu, Billy Clarke and Ben Reeves are each capable of being game changers, let alone in combination together.
    Vetokele is a trump card yet to be played.

And Bowyer is saying there's still a loan player or 2 to come in.
    The team's nowhere near full strength yet, plus having good experienced options from the bench.

As I said, it's very early days still. Make your judgement after 10 or 12 games.

In just reading through the player marks, let alone from watching the first two matches, I don't think we appreciate just how big of a loss JFC is. Without him, we lack that real creative midfielder who can keep possession, pick a pass, unlock a defense, or even burst into the box to score a goal. Pratley and Aribo are both good midfielders at this level, and Lapslie is coming along nicely, but none of them do what JFC does.

This is normally the part where I'd have a dig at squad depth, and we definitely need more cover in central midfield to at least try to replace him, but I think that JFC would walk into most if not all midfields in this division, especially on the form he showed at the beginning and end of last season. Him, Fosu, and in a different way Clarke are all players that can't realistically be replaced in terms of their quality.
    Definitely miss JFC and the direct play of Fosu.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

PATFTM

(posted after travelling 520 miles)

Having being delayed by all the 50 mph restrictions, delays & sodding cars breaking down in live lanes on the M6, and then belting down the M65 at 85-90 mph so as to only miss the first 5 mins of the game, all I can say is I hope LB & the players pay any speeding ticket I may get as they did sod all else for the 85 mins we did see.

I’m sure it was you last year or some other seasoned traveller but do yourself a favour and get the “Waze” navigation app on your phone , it’s a must and it’s free.
    You’ll need to have a charger in your car and a simple stand or something to hold the phone in , (I bought mine online for £7 ish)
    It will give you a much much better chance of getting to these games on time. It works routes out “live” and will give you a much better estimate of time of arrival than your bog standard sat navs on cars and it does the thinking for you , none of this oh M1 M6 or whatever is the best route , it is if there are no other cars on the road , accidents or roadworks , this app works out which way to go taking in to account “live” traffic conditions .
    Of course if an accident happens close in front of you the app can’t perform miracles but I swear by it .
    Give it a go and I bet it brings a smile to your face , well maybe not !!
    If you don’t try it then you’ll be berating the traffic again and again when there is help out there .
    It’s not perfect but it can only help .

You can now say you were using it and it fucked you up in the first place !
    I do & it did. my sat nav tells me about incidents ahead & asks if I want to re-route. Last time I let it re-route me (when I was travelling to Oxford to see a client) it took me off the M25 & around all the towns & villages during school pick-up time. Made me later than if I stayed where I was.
  • Options

PATFTM

Having being delayed by all the 50 mph restrictions, delays & sodding cars breaking down in live lanes on the M6, and then belting down the M65 at 85-90 mph so as to only miss the first 5 mins of the game, all I can say is I hope LB & the players pay any speeding ticket I may get as they did sod all else for the 85 mins we did see.

I’m sure it was you last year or some other seasoned traveller but do yourself a favour and get the “Waze” navigation app on your phone , it’s a must and it’s free.
    You’ll need to have a charger in your car and a simple stand or something to hold the phone in , (I bought mine online for £7 ish)
    It will give you a much much better chance of getting to these games on time. It works routes out “live” and will give you a much better estimate of time of arrival than your bog standard sat navs on cars and it does the thinking for you , none of this oh M1 M6 or whatever is the best route , it is if there are no other cars on the road , accidents or roadworks , this app works out which way to go taking in to account “live” traffic conditions .
    Of course if an accident happens close in front of you the app can’t perform miracles but I swear by it .
    If you don’t try it then you’ll be berating the traffic again and again when there is help out there .

I do & it did. my sat nav tells me about incidents ahead & asks if I want to re-route. Last time I let it re-route me (when I was travelling to Oxford to see a client) it took me off the M25 & around all the towns & villages during school pick-up time. Made me later than if I stayed where I was.
    What time did you leave?
  • Options

PATFTM

Waze is used by most of the crews at ITV News as they see it as a step up from Google navigation. No system is perfect, but I'd say it's worth sticking with.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

PATFTM

Waze is used by most of the crews at ITV News as they see it as a step up from Google navigation. No system is perfect, but I'd say it's worth sticking with.
    The problem with all these live traffic guides, is that the more people that use it to by pass a problem, it then becomes part of another traffic issue.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

PATFTM

The problem with all these live traffic guides, is that the more people that use it to by pass a problem, it then becomes part of another traffic issue.
    Good point GA, can you go back to your old Sat Nav Golfie :-)
  • Options

PATFTM

Were you using Waze or the one in your car ?
    Cos I know the one in my car has re route etc but it is shit and will always estimate arrival that is well wrong .
    Waze is sooooo much better than your car sat navs .
    Try it I bet it’s better than whatever you used yesterday .
  • Options

PATFTM

Cos I know the one in my car has re route etc but it is shit and will always estimate arrival that is well wrong .
    I had a Waze yesterday.
  • Options
    How many conservatories are in that last pic of Elf's ??
  • Options
    I’m sure I read somewhere on here that we’d sold circa 900 for this? Some social media who disclose away attendances are suggesting we sold only 678!!
  • Options

How many conservatories are in that last pic of Elf's ??

Very 1980's!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I’m sure I read somewhere on here that we’d sold circa 900 for this? Some social media who disclose away attendances are suggesting we sold only 678!!

Attendance given out at the ground was the figure mentioned.

perhaps the club gave out misleading info prior to the game.....not the first time they would lie about attendance figures.
  • Options
    Thought the ref was poor, giving them nothing free kicks and seemed more than happy to book our players. One incident from yesterday, we played a ball through the middle, the lino puts his flag up and their centre-back catches the ball. The ref blows his whistle for the free kick for offside side and not for handball.
  • Options

Thought the ref was poor, giving them nothing free kicks and seemed more than happy to book our players. One incident from yesterday, we played a ball through the middle, the lino puts his flag up and their centre-back catches the ball. The ref blows his whistle for the free kick for offside side and not for handball.

Wasnt that the right call though?

i.e. Lino raises his flag to indicate offside you never see the referee over ruling in that regard, only way we could have been given a free kick for handball was if the flag had been raised and then lowered again after the Linesman realised he'd made a mistake
  • Options

i.e. Lino raises his flag to indicate offside you never see the referee over ruling in that regard, only way we could have been given a free kick for handball was if the flag had been raised and then lowered again after the Linesman realised he'd made a mistake
    What about playing to the whistle?
  • Options

Oh just out of interest, who on earth was the fellow behind the goal, completely sozzled belting out a slow rendition of Jerusalem?

He’s gonna have one sore head in the morning!

A legend that lad. You must have seen him before. Used to be about 10 stone heavier. Regular home and away and with England. That was standard behaviour for him.
    He was serenading a local at the train station afterwards too.

So impressed was the local that he came over to our platform to shake hands with M.
    Perhaps the little twonks at Charlton station the other day could learn a thing or two!
  • Options

What about playing to the whistle?
    True but you see that all the time where the players see the offside flag, quickly catch the ball and then play on
  • Options
    edited August 2018

PATFTM

Had never heard of Waze. Used the standard Garmin 'live' built-in Sat-Nav (which I always found to be really reliable) in my last car.

However, shall give Waze a try when I'm next home. Cheers.

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/tech/waze-app-what-is-it-and-how-to-download-google-sat-nav-on-iphone-android/

Edit: How much data does it use on a 4-5 hour journey out of interest?
  • Options

Although, despite the linesman raising his flag, the ball is still in play until the referee blows his whistle to stop the game.
    The player described has caught the ball before the game has been stopped.

It is technically an offence.

However, the referee undoubtedly is first acting on the raised flag of his assistant - and would deem that the offside offence took place before any subsequent incident.
  • Options

Anyone else have problems watching sky highlights on iPad , I had this last week and today

Me too. Any techies out there with an answer?