Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Fleetwood | Sat 25 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

unless we magically find a playmaker in midfield, some wingers who can cross the ball, and some other players apart from the front 2 who can score then I don't expect anything else but a defeat. We don't score enough. end of. 4 in 4 so far. Fleetwood got that amount in 30 mins last night - Sunderland in the full 90 mins. Same problem last year, and the year before, and the year before that......

1-3. Ched Evans hat trick. Don't like the sex offender but he scores goals.

He was cleared.
  • Options
    2-1, after tweets from the players saying they'd paid the staff bonuses.
  • Options

unless we magically find a playmaker in midfield, some wingers who can cross the ball, and some other players apart from the front 2 who can score then I don't expect anything else but a defeat. We don't score enough. end of. 4 in 4 so far. Fleetwood got that amount in 30 mins last night - Sunderland in the full 90 mins. Same problem last year, and the year before, and the year before that......

He was cleared.
    so was Richard Nixon.
  • Options
    This will probably be my only game this season I’ll get to this calendar year, so I’m hoping and praying for a win. Plus the fact my new lady grew up in Fleetwood, and we’ve a wager on this, so I can’t have her lauding this over me.
    3-1. Taylor grabbing a double, Pratley smashing one in from distance.
    I’m looking forward to catching up with a couple of Aussie Addicks at the game, and bringing an Aussie mate along for her first ever game of English football.

We’ll win this. We have to. Pride is on the line.

• Options

3:2 Charlton - Grant, Arsenal boy 2

I wonder why Karlan has 'changed' his name.
  • Options
    Can see a 1-0 win for us, Scunthorpe was a bit of a freak result which you get a lot of in this league.

Barton is a cock and Ched Evans although cleared of any foul play - still is a scummy bloke.
  • Options

He was cleared.
    so was Richard Nixon.
    Nah, pardoned.

The tactics that Evans and his legal team used were pretty revolting. But I'm not sure we can throw stones given we have a young man accused of sexual assault who may well be on our bench on Saturday.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

He was cleared.
    so was Richard Nixon.
    Nah, pardoned.

The tactics that Evans and his legal team used were pretty revolting. But I'm not sure we can throw stones given we have a young man accused of sexual assault who may well be on our bench on Saturday.
    Hammer blow from SDAddick!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

He was cleared.
    so was Richard Nixon.
    Nah, pardoned.

Ched Evans faced a jury who, after listening to all the evidence, found him guilty. He served his 2 years. A subsequent re-trial found him not guilty......

1-1 in my book.

(As for Nixon.......the proof's in the tapes that he suppressed & fired 2 Special Prosecutors over. Pardonned by his mate the day after he left office)
  • Options
    3 - 1 and Bowyer lays Barton out in the tunnel.

Museum open 11 to 1 if you want something to do before the protest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another glamour tie to set the pulse raising and hairs to tingle on the back of your neck. Shrewsbury, Accrington, Fleetwood and even the mighty MK Dons in the first round of the what'sit cup...just where will this magical mystery tour lead us?

We just don't deserve a season like this and let's face it they only come around once (or twice or three times) in a lifetime .

• Options

Another glamour tie to set the pulse raising and hairs to tingle on the back of your neck. Shrewsbury, Accrington, Fleetwood and even the mighty MK Dons in the first round of the what'sit cup...just where will this magical mystery tour lead us?

We just don't deserve a season like
    this and let's face it they only come around once (or twice or three times) in a lifetime .

However, we deserve our team to be in season just once. Who knows, we may attract a horny new owner...
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Unfortunately you dont get points for performances Chris, we need to stick it in the net more

This bit is ludicrous though!!

“But I was there straight away, straight onto the ref. He couldn’t tell me who gave the foul or what it was for. I imagine someone radioed through to him because it took him about a minute and a half to say ‘it was number three’. He didn’t have a clue why he’d given it.
  • Options

LouisMend said:
    Unfortunately you dont get points for performances Chris, we need to stick it in the net more

This bit is ludicrous though!!

“But I was there straight away, straight onto the ref. He couldn’t tell me who gave the foul or what it was for. I imagine someone radioed through to him because it took him about a minute and a half to say ‘it was number three’. He didn’t have a clue why he’d given it.
    What a fucking idiot. Remember when refs actually had control of the game and had the guts to make their own decisions?
  • Options
    Makes sense why Referees arent forced to come out and explain decisions at the end of a match

Half the time they'd look like a deer caught in the headlights!!
  • Options
    I was looking forward to this game until Fleetwood stuffed Scunthorpe on Wednesday!

It'll be tight, 1-0 to either team or 1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So much for Bowyer saying he thought he'd gotten away with his behaviour

Surely his Yellow Card though would mean that no action needs to be taken though? - i.e. a player cant be booked and then receive retrospective action afterwards so why can a Manager under these new rules

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b7ff0d8b9700/lee-bowyer-charged-by-fa-following-peterborough-game
  • Options

Comfortable away win. 0-4.

Shat.

Are u a Charlton fan?
  • Options

He was cleared.
    so was Richard Nixon.
    I still think we should be very vocal in our condemnation of Ched.

He was cleared.
    so was Richard Nixon.
    We

He was cleared.
    so was Richard Nixon.
    Well I don't. Something about stones and glass houses?
  • Options

So much for Bowyer saying he thought he'd gotten away with his behaviour

Surely his Yellow Card though would mean that no action needs to be taken though? - i.e. a player cant be booked and then receive retrospective action afterwards so why can a Manager under these new rules

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b7ff0d8b9700/lee-bowyer-charged-by-fa-following-peterborough-game

He got booked in the 1st half..........I expect this ones for what happened at full time.....he did go steaming up to the ref & was pretty heated.
  • Options
    As somebody else said Cullen is in the building
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

As somebody else said Cullen is in the building

Already signed or signing?
  • Options
    Fleetwood will be on such a high and we have storm clouds all over us. I cannot see a clean sheet and I think already this season would be successful if we stay mid table. 2-1 to Fleetwood, pass the crisps.
  • Options
    1-0 win.

Igor to get a late winner on his return.