Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Talk Sport - Jim White (ed. Page 21 - Grapevine destroys Roland)

Comments

• Options
    Bowyer was on the verge of breaking down in tears there. 

• Options
    Jim White still asking shit questions.
    "Lee do you think you have a bond with Charlton fans" 

Jim, course he will. Stop asking wank questions.
    Was the one time Bowyer sounded his old self when he started answering that!!
  • Options
    putting the ball in the count of the EFL is this not exactly what him and dale did with Bury all the time not providing the EFL what they needed? 

Have the EFL not learned anything from the Bury situation. They need to cut them off and publicly state the situation. 
    Yep, if they keep hold of the club I can't see them providing the EFL with proof of the club's financial viability and so we won't be allowed to play games. That's how it starts/ends.

Farnell & Elliott will blame the EFL and say they have given proof. I'm surprised we were allowed to finish the season given the EFL haven't been happy since January. The only apparent difference is that wages have been paid which they weren't in the case of Bury.
  • Options
    I can recommend a few actor/actress vocal coaches to Jim White. Nothing to do with local accents, just training in how to pronounce words and names correctly - it is BOWyer not BOYer.

Why does nobody, I mean nobody tackle Paul Elliott’s basis for ‘wealth’ or if that does not exist, who is financially backing him? This is basic rather than investigative journalism...
  • Options
    Elliott's gonna have one hell of a job convincing Bow there's a way forward. ESI, do the right thing, you'll never deliver what's needed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was horrible.

I think i'm done for a while now now.

It's not good for my mental health. 
    This. Only so much a fan can take. I know I'll be back eventually but it's all a bit too much at the moment. Lee sounded like a broken man - tough to listen to.
  • Options
    putting the ball in the count of the EFL is this not exactly what him and dale did with Bury all the time not providing the EFL what they needed? 

Have the EFL not learned anything from the Bury situation. They need to cut them off and publicly state the situation. 
    Yep, if they keep hold of the club I can't see them providing the EFL with proof of the club's financial viability and so we won't be allowed to play games. That's how it starts/ends.

Farnell & Elliott will blame the EFL and say they have given proof. I'm surprised we were allowed to finish the season given the EFL haven't been happy since January. The only apparent difference is that wages have been paid which they weren't in the case of Bury.
    CF has learnt his lessons from the Bury fiasco then

Whatever his end game is I wouldnt be surprised if its the same as what they wanted to do with Bury

Only the man in charge that time wasnt paying wages so they couldnt act on it
  • Options
    sounds to me from what Bowyer said Elliot has put money in to avoid admin and give them a chance on the field to avoid relegation but its coming now. 

I think Phillips will be sold for Elliot/whoever to get money back and then they will walk away. 
    They can not inherit funds nor sell players. 
    As the court said last week they do not currently own the club. 
    You can not sell, what is not yours.
  • Options
    So all we get from the club today is Farnell on TalkShit 
  • Options
    sounds to me from what Bowyer said Elliot has put money in to avoid admin and give them a chance on the field to avoid relegation but its coming now. 

I think Phillips will be sold for Elliot/whoever to get money back and then they will walk away. 
    I really hope that is the case. 

Hopefully that will allow Varney/Barclay in and they can deal with the Belgian scrote.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

They can not inherit funds nor sell players. 
    As the court said last week they do not currently own the club. 
    You can not sell, what is not yours.
    could they not loaned the money and have a guarantee in place?

It is clear the Bowyer compensation talk last week come from us and roughley covers two months costs we have heard had been put in, bit of a coincidence. I think this is what Bowyer is unhappy about that he mentioned yesterday and again today. 

I am not a expert and have lost track on everything so sorry if this has been covered. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two points from Farnell call:

1. He actually said he, Elliot and Keohanes were there last night and all devastated.  That one sentence told me he knows and cares nothing for the fans.

2. As a lawyer it is as much about what he doesn't say than what he does and they are clearly keen on the compensation for Bowyer.  It would be natural to say, Lee is a great manager and we would love to keep hold of him, but we will respect his decision", but instead we got "Lee is a great manager and we will respect his decision".

Small points when put against the backdrop of the precarious point our club finds itself in I guess.
    To be fair I thought he said we need to respect that Lee doesn't want to discuss his future today. Brave of Bow to go on the radio, Wigan manager Paul Cook is too upset to come on - understandable.

• Options
    Macronate said:

Jim White is an affront to his profession, a journalistic snowflake who does nothing, absolutely nothing to assist our cause.

He won't be winning any investigative journalist of the year awards.
  • Options
    Jim White still asking shit questions.
    "Lee do you think you have a bond with Charlton fans" 

Jim, course he will. Stop asking wank questions.
    The man is a wanker. Asking wank questions seems very appropriate.
  • Options

I imagine somebody has put money in to pay wages, bills etc with some huge rate of interest attached. Doubt they're going to put the club into administration until they've recouped their money somehow.