Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Talk Sport - Jim White (ed. Page 21 - Grapevine destroys Roland)

Comments

• Options
    He really is quite useless. God knows why TalkSport don't give him the boot. Time to pension him off.
  • Options
    Talksport would have to give a lot of their presenters the boot then.
  • Options
    Get rid of White and it might encourage the others to up their games.
  • Options
    Had the misfortune to listen to Jim White and Danny Murphy talking about Charlton today. They do no preparation or research and are utterly hopeless.

They need to employ some proper presenters/journalists who do their job properly.

Jim White is full of tedious anecdotes and is incapable of doing a proper interview. Needs to be sacked.
  • Options
    talksport has really gone downhill. Wall to wall adverts and poor presenters. I listened to Bent and Ambrose doing a piece of Charlton yesterday and it was embarrassingly bad. All the more so given their history at the club. Simon Jordan is the only one I have any time for now. 
  • Options
    It's radio clickbait, as are all the stations that Wireless own, even Times Radio
  • Options
    Expecting monkeys to be Einstein doesn’t work.
    Talksport isn’t, on the whole, serious reportage it’s just provocation to ensure there are people phoning in to vent their spleen.
    Don’t know why anyone gives it any time really.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Talksport isn’t, on the whole, serious reportage it’s just provocation to ensure there are people phoning in to vent their spleen.
    It would be nice to have a decent sports radio station with proper journalists/presenters who knew their stuff.

The level of ignorance on Talksport is shocking....
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    iainment said:
    I think this sums it up. It is targeted at people who don't do depth so it doesn't dig beyond the most simplistic level.  It is provocative in a way that is as subtle as a flying brick. Like I better say something controversial now so the chmps listening get involved. It is probably more to do with what the station wants than anything else.
  • Options
    Who is the first to send a tweet or similar to Jim White and tell him to get his facts right or leave this club out of his pointless meanderings
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    It's radio clickbait, as are all the stations that Wireless own, even Times Radio
    the central business plan now of the decrepit and despicable m"rd0(h
    the currant bun was always a toxic rag for witless bigots but the "thunderer" has been dragged down thru the gutter into the sewers as just another organ of the heinous australian's vainglorious passion for manipulation and sleaze
    Talksport barely passes muster as the sport pages for slack jawed knuckledraggers too illiterate even for the currant bun
    Jim White the sort of guileless scum sucker that floats to the surface of the bilge to feed on the detritus rather than do an honourable day's work.  JW would be a more respectable 'journalist' if he worked as Alexander Lukashenko's press secretary
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    the central business plan now of the decrepit and despicable m"rd0(h
    the currant bun was always a toxic rag for witless bigots but the "thunderer" has been dragged down thru the gutter into the sewers as just another organ of the heinous australian's vainglorious passion for manipulation and sleaze
    Talksport barely passes muster as the sport pages for slack jawed knuckledraggers too illiterate even for the currant bun
    Jim White the sort of guileless scum sucker that floats to the surface of the bilge to feed on the detritus rather than do an honourable day's work.  JW would be a more respectable 'journalist' if he worked as Alexander Lukashenko's press secretary
    At least we know where you stand with Murdoch and JW  :)
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Oh come on! Like the man has that degree of self-awareness
    Naa one of his sources would tell him that as a joke and he'd just repeat it without thinking
  • Options
    Can everyone stop slagging off Jim White. I'm not a massive fan of his but the abuse he gets on here is ridiculous.

Can everyone stop slagging off Jim White. I'm not a massive fan of his but the abuse he gets on here is ridiculous.
    The blokes a bellend of the highest order. He talks utter Bollocks. How did he get a job on the radio,i will never know. No research, no substance complete bullshit. It's a relief when the adverts come on
  • Options
    Talking about us at some point this morning on breakfast with Laura Woods. 
  • Options
    Presumably to tell his listeners how badly Farnell and Elliott have been treated and that they’re good guys. 
  • Options
    Presumably to tell his listeners how badly Farnell and Elliott have been treated and that they’re good guys. 
    Don't worry it's not Jim White hosting
  • Options
    Don't think it will be.  Laura Woods has been quite sympathetic of our fight. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got a quiz and a shit load of adverts to get through first
  • Options
    On now
  • Options
    And now it's finished
  • Options
    Did they mention much or just summarise what happened yesterday?
  • Options
    Don't think it will be.  Laura Woods has been quite sympathetic of our fight. 
    I made the comment thinking White was on this morning. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Being 4 years or so off the pace I just read @Grapevine49 piece (well written and informative IMO).
    One thing did stick out:

-----------------------------------------------

He blames;
    - the clubs comms team & Murray for not managing the message to "the masses".
    - the fans for relegation and the failure to secure promotion

It is a victim mentality, now where did we see this before?

-------------------------------------------------

I'm not disputing this point, however, does RD still listen to Murray with regards a takeover, and if so does this point that out that, maybe, RD does change his mind on the very rare occasion ?

(Edit) Meant to add "straws, clutching at, etc....".
  • Options
    We all know being sober makes you talk extra rubbish  ;)