Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crossbar Challenge - changed?

2»

Comments

• I'm up on Friday!

potential 3 grand if there is a miss tomorrow

500 quid if the pot gets cleaned out

practice starts tomorrow lunchtime....lack of daylight hours limits opportunities 
    Good luck mate.
  • I'm up on Friday!

practice starts tomorrow lunchtime....lack of daylight hours limits opportunities 
    Good luck! When Bowyer was training my son he said keep your eye on the ball and don't look at the goal. Didn't do him any good though! When Bowyer and the U18s were doing it they were getting their foot under it with plenty of backspin and chipping on to the top of the bar. My son has been a keeper all his life and his default technique is getting distance and height from place kicks. Try a Lamela and see how it goes!
  • I'm up on Friday!

Goalposts & crossbar dont move mate. You could draw a goal on a wall in chalk & practice against that.

I'll be rooting for you.
  • I'm up on Friday!

Good luck! When Bowyer was training my son he said keep your eye on the ball and don't look at the goal. Didn't do him any good though! When Bowyer and the U18s were doing it they were getting their foot under it with plenty of backspin and chipping on to the top of the bar. My son has been a keeper all his life and his default technique is getting distance and height from place kicks. Try a Lamela and see how it goes!
    His attempt was reasonable and I believe within my range 
  • I'm up on Friday!

Good tips
  • I'm up on Friday!

The practice is a bigger deal than it might appear. Last week Bow himself spent ages with the nominee at the practice.

BTW, 12 days of Christmas is on - join VG today for your chance to win a grand (or ticket priority for life, probably 😉). 
  • edited December 2019
    Good luck this week @Siv_in_Norfolk.

May I suggest that if you succeed there is a meeting of Norfolk Addicks (Murderers, Ribs of Beef) with the beers on you?

And if you put in a shocking effort you get the beers anyway as a penalty! :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck this week @Siv_in_Norfolk.

May I suggest that if you succeed there is a meeting of Norfolk Addicks (Murderers, Ribs of Beef) with the beers on you?

And if you put in a shocking effort you get the beers anyway as a penalty! :)
    Good shout. If I get the pot. Beers are on me at the murderers one evening next week. 

I note that the fella misses tonight (only 6 inches off)... So am deffo shooting for 3k
  • Reasonable effort tonight , pressure on Siv , don’t let me down 
  • How did you get on?
  • He was about a foot under the bar, good effort.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    He was about a foot under the bar, good effort.
    Good to hear , couldn't make it tonight and I was most gutted I'd miss Siv's attempt , wp
  • Bad luck @Siv_in_Norfolk

Good effort, decent technique.

You can be my sub if my number ever comes up
  • Very good effort and nice to meet you Siv. 

• Sorry I missed your effort, wasn't able to get to the game.  as you missed, are the drinks on you at the Murderers next week?  Bye the way, all seems to have gone quiet on the E.A.Addicks front.
    Thanks, fellas

Only just managed to settle down to watch a video of it. Was even closer than I'd thought. I'd originally thought it was a foot under, too... But looking at the video it was maybe less than half that.... Grrrrr! 

Can't upload MP4 files, eh!

At least the last minute equaliser won me £110 as I had 2-2 at 11-1         

:/

• Sponsored links:

• Sorry I missed your effort, wasn't able to get to the game.  as you missed, are the drinks on you at the Murderers next week?  Bye the way, all seems to have gone quiet on the E.A.Addicks front.
    Thanks, fellas

Only just managed to settle down to watch a video of it. Was even closer than I'd thought. I'd originally thought it was a foot under, too... But looking at the video it was maybe less than half that.... Grrrrr! 

Can't upload MP4 files, eh!

At least the last minute equaliser won me £110 as I had 2-2 at 11-1         

:/

I would post a video of it for you, but don't seem to be able from mobile. Would it work from PC?

Am sure we'll have another EA meet up to watch a televised away game at some point 
  • Bad luck @Siv_in_Norfolk

Good effort, decent technique.

You can be my sub if my number ever comes up
    Deal! 50/50 split?
  • Met Siv on the bus yesterday after a problem with his car. Did you get to Portsmouth? Nice to meet you and very good effort mate
  • edited December 2019
    Good effort Siv, loved the shout out to CL from Brian
  • Met Siv on the bus yesterday after a problem with his car. Did you get to Portsmouth? Nice to meet you and very good effort mate
    Thanks for being a Charlton ear in a time of need, mate! Blew my tyre out up the road from the valley and jumped on this guy's bus. 

Made it to Pompey thanks to London having 24 hour tyre vans willing to provide a reasonable price and excellent service.... Plus a super friendly Algerian guy with the skills to hook me up on a rainy night. 
  • bc_addick said:
    Very good effort and nice to meet you Siv. 

And I always thought this was some Canadian guy's account :)