Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match thread: Charlton v Fleetwood | Sat 25 August 2018

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Pre crisp event: Looked good, nearly scored, good momentum. Post crisp event: Looked a bit sluggish, bit casual, disorganised...
  • Options
  • Options
    Done with Marshall as an attacking player. Get Ajose on
  • Options
    First game back this season. Oh dear. Toilet. Won’t be rushing back until Roland fucks off. Literally falling asleep.
  • Options
    So slow going forward again. Need some creativity in midfield. They could have easily put a couple past us so far
  • Options
    That was a rubbish half, Taylor just doesn’t seem with it, Grant tries, Aribo is the only midfielder with any skill and the defence leaves huge gaps down the wings which Fleetwood use
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    That was...a half of football.

We've not been...good. Though we have created more chances than in the last couple matches. Fleetwood don't look anything special, decent going forward but they can be gotten at at the back.

This is another game where I'm not sure what our gameplan is beyond getting it forward to the forwards to try to isolate them against their men. We have a technically gifted spine and I think we should be looking to build from the back and break them down. But everything has been so scrappy.

We switched from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2 with I think a diamond in midfield. But the players look lost, and there's a lot of times when people haven't quite looked certain where they're supposed to be.

Just heard on the tannoy, Happy Birthday tomorrow @LouisMend
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The story so far...

Plenty of effort but no goals to report in SE7 thus far. #cafc

• Options
    The Hummel derby not lived up to its huge billing thus far
  • Options
    Vetokele and Pearce going through their paces at half-time, more akin to a pre-match warm-up; the rest of the subs pinging a ball around amongst themselves.
  • Options
    Oh yes, Crossbar Challenge has a winner!
  • Options
    The two sides are back out at The Valley...

#cafc 0 #ftfc 0
  • Options
    KICK-OFF!

No changes at the break and Fleetwood get the second period going.

#cafc 0 #ftfc 0
  • Options
    ross1 said:

The two sides are back out at The Valley...

#cafc 0 #ftfc 0

Shame.
  • Options
    Posh now 0-3 up at Plymouth
  • Options
    The Fleetwood commentator sounds like a bus ticket collector
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tony Watt scores!
  • Options
    Tony Watt scores again
  • Options
    Posted at
    49'
    Foul by Naby Sarr (Charlton Athletic).

Posted at
    49'
    Ched Evans (Fleetwood Town) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
  • Options
    This has 0-0 all over it...but when I usually predict it the opposition score...hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    50' Taylor breaks forward, following a good tackle from Page, and drags a left-footed shot wide.

#cafc 0 #ftfc 0
  • Options
    Just popped in to thank Roland.

Getting to H/T 0-0 versus Fleetwood Town...

Thanks Roland!
  • Options
    This is dross 51 gone
  • Options
    50' | #ftfc seeing plenty of the ball, but Taylor nips it and steals it from Hunter. He drives forward but shoots wide on his left foot.

(0-0) #OnwardTogether
  • Options
    Oxford winning 2-1
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!