Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic Women's Team - Updates

124»

Comments

• Options
    redman said:
    quoted above "King said: “If you can stump up the £40, or £25 if you’re an existing men’s season-ticket holder, even if you only expect to come to come to one, two or three of the games then you are helping us out and showing a bit of willing and support our way"

which seems excellent value. There is an option to buy on CAFC ticketing website. However only at the full £40 rather than the reduced £25. Needs to be addressed
    If you add both to your cart at the same time the discount is applied at the checkout on the £40 ticket. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    quoted above "King said: “If you can stump up the £40, or £25 if you’re an existing men’s season-ticket holder, even if you only expect to come to come to one, two or three of the games then you are helping us out and showing a bit of willing and support our way"

which seems excellent value. There is an option to buy on CAFC ticketing website. However only at the full £40 rather than the reduced £25. Needs to be addressed
    If you add both to your cart at the same time the discount is applied at the checkout on the £40 ticket. 
    so it only seems to work if you buy at the same time? Doesn't work if you buy having already bought a season ticket. Sorry not being awkward as I'm senior and can get for £25 anyway but trying to be helpful as I would like the women's team to succeed. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    redman said:

so it only seems to work if you buy at the same time? Doesn't work if you buy having already bought a season ticket. Sorry not being awkward as I'm senior and can get for £25 anyway but trying to be helpful as I would like the women's team to succeed. 
    Sadly that's what the ticketing system allows at the moment but if you have any problems please email me direct and I can sort you out a season ticket manually via bank transfer if easier - steve.adamson@cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Anyone seen this article yet?

The women's team desperately need some extra financial support ..... and need more people to come and watch them play:

Supporting Charlton Athletic Women will not benefit Roland Duchatelet

Charlton Athletic Women’s chairman Stephen King has spelled out that any fans who commit to buying season tickets for their games will be giving total financial backing just to their club.

King is hoping to boost the average attendances of the Women’s Championship side next season.

And King is clear that Roland Duchatelet, who owns the men’s club, makes zero financial gain from the ladies set-up.

King said: “If you can stump up the £40, or £25 if you’re an existing men’s season-ticket holder, even if you only expect to come to come to one, two or three of the games then you are helping us out and showing a bit of willing and support our way ........ (there's more on the website below).

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/supporting-charlton-athletic-women-will-not-give-a-penny-to-roland-duchatelet/
    Thanks for posting this.

Sent an email to Charlton Womens GM, saying I have spent less and less money on supporting CAFC under RD. And I would like to spend the money saved on tickets and merchendise sponsoring Charltons Womens team.

This season I am the proud sponsor of one of the two players signed today. I think. Awaiting confirmation.

Feels good. Will accordingly spend more time reading updates from the womens team...rather than the takeover thread.
  • Options

Well that went well

• Options
    The team are in action this coming Sunday at Oakwood against Bristol City. Kick off is at 2pm.

Less than 200 turned up to the last game, it would be great to see their games getting a better attendance as they are playing some very good football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will there be a game at the Valley?
  • Options
    BDL said:
    The team are in action this coming Sunday at Oakwood against Bristol City. Kick off is at 2pm.

Less than 200 turned up to the last game, it would be great to see their games getting a better attendance as they are playing some very good football.
    Is under 200 a good gate at that level? 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    BDL said:

Is under 200 a good gate at that level? 
    Under 200 is low for the Championship, but it was a noon kickoff which won't have helped. We announced 364 for the first home game against Coventry, and Durham announced 377 for our away game up there. 
    Will there be a game at the Valley?
    There usually is one, but historically they've tended not to announce a date for it at the start of the season. Most of the clubs that have a connection to a football league outfit are playing at their main ground at least once this season.