Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jamie Ward Signs Loan till Jan 2019

Comments

• Options
    Thought this was a ‘done acl in training’ update. Phew.
  • Options
    It says in that he’s on loan for the season but I thought it was to January?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    sorry for being thick what does he mean about bomb squad? Is it another word for the stiffs?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Valley11 said:

It says in that he’s on loan for the season but I thought it was to January?

It is January, at least what the official site said when he signed, January 1st, so hopefully we can extend it and get promotion, Ward signs permanently.
    razil said:

sorry for being thick what does he mean about bomb squad? Is it another word for the stiffs?

It means he wasn’t in the plans at all and was made to train with the U23s, same thing happened when we were trying to get rid of Leon Clarke.
  • Options

clive said:
    Says in there that he signed on a season-long loan, I thought he was just until January?
    Pretty sure that's just an error in the article

If he does well, it wouldn't surprise me if he sign him permanently in January anyway (for a nominal fee) as he's clearly not wanted at Forest and in that interview seems to be burning any final bridges!

• Options
    Is he fit for tomorrow?
  • Options
    razil said:

Isn't it Bomb Zquad?
  • Options
    razil said:

Wonder if he means the First Teamers who have bombed out of the Squad and will rot in the Reserves until a loan is done
  • Options

razil said:

Wonder if he means the First Teamers who have bombed out of the Squad and will rot in the Reserves until a loan is done
    Exactly that. Bombed out of the 1st team squad. Train with the stiffs.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the N Ireland squad.

Slightly odd that a player with so little game time, due to the late move to us and then the injury has featured in 2 N Ireland squads, I guess they don't have much choice

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45731329
  • Options

In the N Ireland squad.

Slightly odd that a player with so little game time, due to the late move to us and then the injury has featured in 2 N Ireland squads, I guess they don't have much choice

Probably the same with Bielik and one of the Polish sides

Cant complain as means we dont have to face Walsall next week
  • Options

In the N Ireland squad.

Ben Reeves would be an alternative, currently fitter, playing , and probably in better form.
  • Options

In the N Ireland squad.

Ben Reeves would be an alternative, currently fitter, playing , and probably in better form.
    And a bigger forehead...
  • Options

In the N Ireland squad.

Probably the same with Bielik and one of the Polish sides

Cant complain as means we dont have to face Walsall next week
    Bowyer might prefer him with us, seeing that our game has been already called off, so that he can be protected. The match fitness of him playing for N Ireland might be useful though
  • Options
    Jamie Ward signs off from his Charlton loan stay at the start of next week – with boss Lee Bowyer making no promises he will be able to land the winger again for the remainder of the campaign.

The winger’s stay with the Addicks ends on January 1.

And Bowyer admits that how big a percentage of Ward’s Nottingham Forest salary would need to be met by the South Londoners is key in any negotiations.

“He has got to go back, for sure,” said Bowyer. “It just depends what Forest want again and what Jamie wants.

“It is a difficult one. He has done well for us but we just don’t know what Forest are going to want for him. We were lucky to get him for what in the last window – it was right at the very end of it.

“Forest might say we want more now and we ain’t got more. We have got our budget, that’s the way it is. So a lot will rely on Forest as well.”
  • Options
    There is an issue with paying part of his wages. yet i have heard people say to me there is little likelihood Aribo will be sold, and no likelihood that Lyall Taylor will be.
    I hope those people are right, but both of those players leaving in order to bring money in, is not an out of the question concept.
  • Options
    Nothing is out of the question with RD still in charge.
  • Options
    Sounds like Bowyer would rather spend the wages on a different loan player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Maybe one who is fit a bit more often. Ward is a bit of a sicknote - been out for the last 5 games now.
  • Options

One that isn't constantly injured would be a good starting point.
  • Options

He did say a few months ago that Ward was only on loan till January as we'd then have Clarke to occupy that position

Ironically both are now out injured!!
  • Options

Maybe one who is fit a bit more often. Ward is a bit of a sicknote - been out for the last 5 games now.
    As has Clarke, Aribo, Grant, Vetokele & Page yet they are all on contract with us.

I, for one, would love to have Ward back here.
  • Options
    If it's Ward or nothing I'd have Ward. But in all honesty he's had about 2 good games and half a dozen average games.
  • Options

As has Clarke, Aribo, Grant, Vetokele & Page yet they are all on contract with us.

I, for one, would love to have Ward back here.
    A fully fit Ward and I totally agree with you - an asset to the team.

But the difference between Ward and the players you mention are that we can send him back to Forest if he isn't fit and stop paying his wages and get someone else in who can help us push on with our promotion push. Not nice to say that, I know, but when the boot is on the other foot players have scant loyalty to their clubs these days. The other players you mention are on long-term contracts and the quid pro quo is that if they get injured they can be sure their wages will be paid.
  • Options
    Ward has only played half the available games due to existing fitness issues. His contract is up in 6 months, so can talk to overseas sides and doubt Forest will re-sign him at his age. Cannot see that Forest can get much from us wages wise.
  • Options
    Is he available for the Walsall game?