Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jamie Ward Signs Loan till Jan 2019

12346»

Comments

• Whats wrong with Clarke?
  • Sounds like Bowyer would rather spend the wages on a different loan player

He did say a few months ago that Ward was only on loan till January as we'd then have Clarke to occupy that position

Ironically both are now out injured!!
    I'd much prefer a fit Billy Clarke, though that's not currently an option.

I've never been amazed by Ward. He drifts in and out a bit too much for me. Unfortunately, Clarke is yet to really get his season going and Fosu has been desperately hit or miss. But given that he must be on good Champo wages, I suspect we can spend that money better elsewhere (like on a fullback).

I always expected him to go Jan 1. Won't be overly sad to see him go. If we get him back to provide some depth at three or four different positions, great. If not, that's okay.
  • If Ward had managed to stay fit, then I'm sure Bowyer would have wanted to do a deal for him in January, but his fitness record is too poor.
  • Decent player and well worth having in the squad if he stayed fit... but he doesn’t so would send him back
  • Wound rather bring in another centre mid
  • Wound rather bring in another centre mid

We currently have injuries but that’s one position we don’t have to worry about.
  • If it's Ward or nothing I'd have Ward. But in all honesty he's had about 2 good games and half a dozen average games.

Got to agree his statbank marks show this,he has only played 6 games he could have been marked in

6.38 v Bradford
    6.43 v Plymouth
    6.96 v Barnsley
    5.50 v Rochdale
    6.98 v Doncaster
    7.64 v Bristol Rovers

1 unused sub
    3 sub appearances not long enough to be marked
    7 games injured
    Glad the stats agree with me. Just one game in half a season where Ward managed 7+.

Mind you he would easily win the arguing with the ref stats.
    I can recall 3 memorable moments from Ward in the first half of the season.

1 His goal at The Valley where he got on the end of Steer's pass/punt.
    2 His arguing with the refs every game.
    3 His finest moment was when he got subbed at The Valley and managed to waste a few minutes, walking in the wrong direction, moon walking and finally strolling off with all the speed of Gary Doherty.
    Glad you remember that pass for Grant's first goal against Barnsley
    Quite right. He also made one excellent pass in 4 months :wink:
  • edited December 2018

If it's Ward or nothing I'd have Ward. But in all honesty he's had about 2 good games and half a dozen average games.

Got to agree his statbank marks show this,he has only played 6 games he could have been marked in

6.38 v Bradford
    6.43 v Plymouth
    6.96 v Barnsley
    5.50 v Rochdale
    6.98 v Doncaster
    7.64 v Bristol Rovers

1 unused sub
    7 games injured
    Glad the stats agree with me. Just one game in half a season where Ward managed 7+.

3 His finest moment was when he got subbed at The Valley and managed to waste a few minutes, walking in the wrong direction, moon walking and finally strolling off with all the speed of Gary Doherty.
    Quite right. He also made one excellent pass in 4 months :wink:
    I've honestly thought he's made some good passes, some of which (granted) havent come off

At the same time his team mates need to have the vision and desire to get on the end of those passes

I'd also question who we could get in thats better and fitter?
  • Would have preferred we signed Wez Hoolahan. He was on trial with us before we signed Ward.
    Hoolahan now with West Brom, probably on more pay than we could afford.
  • Sponsored links:

• If it's Ward or nothing I'd have Ward. But in all honesty he's had about 2 good games and half a dozen average games.

6.38 v Bradford
    6.43 v Plymouth
    6.96 v Barnsley
    5.50 v Rochdale
    6.98 v Doncaster
    7.64 v Bristol Rovers

1 unused sub
    7 games injured

Not to mention games with Ward involved: W6 D1 L1 whereas Fosu in the team...: W7 | D2 | L5

Whilst I dont think Jamie has been our saviour I think he has brought more to the team than what many have given him credit for
    Those kind of stats only matter with consistently fit players.

Ward is injured more often than he's fit.
  • Ward has been decent when he's played, just a shame he keeps picking up injuries
  • I would definitely be happy for Ward to go back if it meant getting someone else in. He simply isn’t going to play enough games to have an impact.
  • Would have preferred we signed Wez Hoolahan. He was on trial with us before we signed Ward.

Hoolahan is out of contract next month and has only made three substitute appearances for West Brom.

6.38 v Bradford
    6.43 v Plymouth
    6.96 v Barnsley
    5.50 v Rochdale
    6.98 v Doncaster
    7.64 v Bristol Rovers

1 unused sub
    7 games injured

Not to mention games with Ward involved: W6 D1 L1 whereas Fosu in the team...: W7 | D2 | L
    Whilst I dont think Jamie has been our saviour I think he has brought more to the team than what many have given him credit for
    That ball was ace, he deserves a lot of credit for it. But he went missing for large stretches in that game as well.

Also, I think it should be noted that Fosu has tended to start away from home and against the tougher sides because contrary to what I feel is common perception he can get stuck in and do his doggies.

Oh I didn't know he was on trial with us.

He is one where you're going to need to prepare for him to be rubbish and injured sometimes, but magical at others. Might be worth a punt on a six month deal.
  • SDAddick said:

Would have preferred we signed Wez Hoolahan. He was on trial with us before we signed Ward.

He is one where you're going to need to prepare for him to be rubbish and injured sometimes, but magical at others. Might be worth a punt on a six month deal.
    I'm just not convinced we can afford players like this, with such a tight wage budget, we need to he smarter with how we use it.
  • Redhenry said:

Whats wrong with Clarke?

Indeed. It makes you wonder if his injuries have caught up with him. I hope not.
  • SDAddick said:

Would have preferred we signed Wez Hoolahan. He was on trial with us before we signed Ward.

I'm just not convinced we can afford players like this, with such a tight wage budget, we need to he smarter with how we use it.
    Yes, an excellent point and I was wondering what kind of wages he'd demand. And, when everyone is fit, that 10 role is not one where we're desperately lacking cover as opposed to two or three other areas where we could do with strengthening.
  • Valley11 said:

Redhenry said:

Whats wrong with Clarke?

Indeed. It makes you wonder if his injuries have caught up with him. I hope not.
    Thigh injury. It's not that abnormal for a player coming back from such a serious injury and long layoff to pick up knocks and niggles. It's frustrating because it felt like he was making good progress in the cups then he kind of disappeared. But this is kind of the norm with long term injuries. Hopefully it's nothing major.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jamie Ward had shown classy touches but we need some robust players who can play 95 minutes.

Shame because his experience would has been invaluable.
  • Do we know if he's gone back to Forest now ??
  • Do we know if he's gone back to Forest now ??

yes he has gone back
  • Joined Solihull Moors on a season long contract .
  • I liked him, I thought he did well for us.