Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Todd

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
Now there is someone I would like to see back - thirty-two now but pace was never an asset of his anyway so should still be very useful, did a good job for us in midfield at this level before.

http://www.coventry.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=69415

Comments

• Options
    Haven't we already just signed our token thug for this season?
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Looks like he's gone to Coventry anyway

Andy Todd
  • Options
    Great player 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Great player 
    Was he? Don't remember him being that special for us. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Great player 

Agreed, he was decent, solidm, and versatile player - a typical Curbs buy, but nothing particularly special either.
  • Options
    decent right hook...
  • Options
    Nobody kicks a Frenchman up the arse like Toddy  ;)
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Great player 
    One of my favourite players from that period. Great defender but even better sweeper. Had the knack of just taking a step or two back & bringing the ball down rather than just hoofing it. Like Costa he wasnt quick but would often come out with the ball. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Typical Curbs signing who did a job where required. Shame about the way he left but unavoidable in the circumstances.
  • Options
    I rated him - decent solid player 
  • Options
    I loved it when he kicked Christophe Dugarry up the arse.
  • Options
    Him and brownie had a few.decent games together at the back
  • Options
    And who were we playing there before he arrived?  Carl Tiler maybe?  Definite improvement.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    And who were we playing there before he arrived?  Carl Tiler maybe?  Definite improvement.
    Or Eddie Youds, though Youds stayed longer than Tiler

We had a few players around that time (first PL season/First Division title season) who I have little recollection of. They came in and did a job, but then moved on without ever becoming legends. Tiler, Todd, Shields, Salako.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Or Eddie Youds, though Youds stayed longer than Tiler

We had a few players around that time (first PL season/First Division title season) who I have little recollection of. They came in and did a job, but then moved on without ever becoming legends. Tiler, Todd, Shields, Salako.

Until recently I'd completely forgotten Salako played for us in 3 seasons. Didn't feel like he was with us that long. 
  • Options
    Loved Toddy... proper decent centre half... old school🤣
  • Options
    Toddy coached USB junior when he was at Loughborough Uni
  • Options
    Usain Bolt?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Great player 
    When he played we were a much better team, I look foward to Deano's glowing memories tomorrow 🤕🤕
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Tody was definitely old school.
    Hugely effective centre back imo.

Like many big guys , once injured for any length  of time, took a lot of games before match fit.
  • Options
    Park the bus.
  • Options
    Solid player, was sad to see him leave. Shared a flight with him and his Mrs from Manchester to Gatwick not long after he left  and had a long chat about football in general, came across as a decent bloke to be honest.
  • Options
    How many times did he literally kick off so he could join his old man at his new club? Was it just with Deano and I’m imagining that he had a habit of it?