Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Todd

2»

Comments

• Options
    How many times did he literally kick off so he could join his old man at his new club? Was it just with Deano and I’m imagining that he had a habit of it?
    I swear there's a passage in the mark fish biography, guessing at Bolton, where someone was rude about his dad and in no time at all he was bussed out to Charlton. 

Apparently Graham Stuart was the first to welcome him and shake his hand, which was probably wise
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    How many times did he literally kick off so he could join his old man at his new club? Was it just with Deano and I’m imagining that he had a habit of it?
    I swear there's a passage in the mark fish biography, guessing at Bolton, where someone was rude about his dad and in no time at all he was bussed out to Charlton. 

Apparently Graham Stuart was the first to welcome him and shake his hand, which was probably wise
    Not quite - it was at Bolton where he assaulted Phil Brown and was thus shipped out to us.

I don't think it was actually reported at the time about the assault though and we'd already bought Jensen from them so it seemed a logical deal of a Championship player joining a PL team.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Not quite - it was at Bolton where he assaulted Phil Brown and was thus shipped out to us.

I don't think it was actually reported at the time about the assault though and we'd already bought Jensen from them so it seemed a logical deal of a Championship player joining a PL team.
    Could have been Phil brown. Can't remember the timeline but think it was before Fish joined us
  • Options
    I liked Todd as a player but listening to the UTC podcast this week with the guest describing how Todd assaulted Phil Brown in the toilets - leaving him with multiple facial injuries including a broken jaw was absolutely awful.

As the guest said the injuries were so extensive that if Phil Brown had pressed charges then Todd would have almost certainly done time for GBH.

I think we all know there is a very big difference between giving someone a right-hander to settle a score and beating them up so badly that they end up in hospital.

I know Phil Brown is a twat - and my mate who knows him well has confirmed this - but you can't go round behaving like that.
    Kiely allegedly told Charlton he would leave if Todd stayed after he was attacked by him.
  • Options
    I liked Todd as a player but listening to the UTC podcast this week with the guest describing how Todd assaulted Phil Brown in the toilets - leaving him with multiple facial injuries including a broken jaw was absolutely awful.

As the guest said the injuries were so extensive that if Phil Brown had pressed charges then Todd would have almost certainly done time for GBH.

I think we all know there is a very big difference between giving someone a right-hander to settle a score and beating them up so badly that they end up in hospital.

I know Phil Brown is a twat - and my mate who knows him well has confirmed this - but you can't go round behaving like that.
    Kiely allegedly told Charlton he would leave if Todd stayed after he was attacked by him.
    He punched Kiely only a couple of years after he did that to Brown - bloke is not right in the head.
  • Options

He punched Kiely only a couple of years after he did that to Brown - bloke is not right in the head.
    There were rumours at the time that Todds wife was playing away from home, doesn't mean it was true of course.
  • Options
    Right I think it’s something along the line of his dad got sacked at Bolton so he punched someone to force a move to us, his dad then got a new job so he chinned Deano to force a move reuniting him with his dad 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Solid player, was sad to see him leave. Shared a flight with him and his Mrs from Manchester to Gatwick not long after he left  and had a long chat about football in general, came across as a decent bloke to be honest.
    I read that as “shared a fight”.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Solid player, was sad to see him leave. Shared a flight with him and his Mrs from Manchester to Gatwick not long after he left  and had a long chat about football in general, came across as a decent bloke to be honest.
    I read that as “shared a fight”.
    Tel and Todd tag teamed someone 
  • Options
    I liked him playing for us. An enforcer but every team needs one.