Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kevin Beattie RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    Very sad news, 64 is far too young. R.I.P. Kevin.
  • Options
    Pretty sure he played for Middlesbrough the day Simonsen made his debut at The Valley in 1982.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. Loved him for Ipswich and England.
  • Options

Very sad. R.I.P. very good player.
    Just as an aside, was he one of the Ipswich players who appeared in Escape to Victory? I know Russell Osman and John Wark did, amongst others, but I can’t remember if Beattie had a role.

No - perhaps thinking of Kevin O'Callaghan?
  • Options
    one of the best defenders i've seen - a bit like our own Peter Reeves or to a lesser degree Alan Dugdale (who remembers him ?)
  • Options
    At the time I think he was likened to Duncan Edwards.Thats some comparison.RIP
  • Options
    Very sad. A very good player. RIP
  • Options

Very sad. R.I.P. very good player.
    Just as an aside, was he one of the Ipswich players who appeared in Escape to Victory? I know Russell Osman and John Wark did, amongst others, but I can’t remember if Beattie had a role.

No - perhaps thinking of Kevin O'Callaghan?
    Yeah, maybe.
    Apologies all for going off track. No disrespect intended.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When I was a kid he took a training session with my team. I remember he had a broken arm at the time. I've got a photo with me next to him somewhere, I'll have to have a look for it. I remember him teaching us how to head a ball and he had someone knocking in crosses and we were all mesmerised by how hard he was heading the ball into the net, it was as hard as a shot. Nice man too. RIP.
  • Options
    Tore us apart (1st half) when playing for Middlesbrough and it was the debut for Allan Simonsen in 1982.