Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland to meet EFL next month

Comments

• Options
    more bullshit. So all Harvey can say is that "Duchatelet will honour the agreement with the Aussies?" WTF??? So we still don't knpw price, terms agreed, deadline date etc. It doesn't say anything.. and Harvey has been told by Duchatelet that the "protests are holding up the sale of the club?? Really?? REALLY? There has been only one protest made since the so called sale price has been agreed. As for miscommunication. that wasn't the protesters, that came from "you know who". The only thing that we have been made public to the Standard is details regarding the papework in that a) they are waiting for confirmation of the make up of the consortium and b) Where are the sources of the money?? 1) So it is the Australians holding up the sale then, NOT the protestors and why is it taking so long for the aussies to do this I wonder?
  • Options
    Im guessing this was fed to Standard from the Clubs PR and not from the EFL
  • Options

I think so, otherwise Harvey has backtracked and said he is awaiting papers from the EFL, despite previously denying that claim.
  • Options
    Where is the source of money !!!!!!!!we need to know

• Options
    edited October 2018

Where is the source of money !!!!!!!!we need to know

Stop being so impatient mate........they had a bake sale over the weekend and they're hoping that gets them over the line financially.
  • Options
    Meetings are a great way of talking about a lot of things and acting on nothing.
    The EFL are doing this for show and show only.
  • Options

What makes you think that @AFKABartram ? The way the article is written it appears to come from Harvey, which is in itself odd but then again it does read just as if it has been written by the cloob other than meeting with the staff. Not something the cloob would want to remind people of.
  • Options

What makes you think that @AFKABartram ? The way the article is written it appears to come from Harvey, which is in itself odd but then again it does read just as if it has been written by the cloob other than meeting with the staff. Not something the cloob would want to remind people of.
    Its almost like we know how the cloob operate

Also Crawley said there was no EFL statement from the EFL, yet hours later this appears in the Standard. Gotta be from Tom. The majority of it looks like a cut and paste job from previous Club statements, except for the "quotes"

• Options
    cafcwill said:

Its almost like we know how the cloob operate

Also Crawley said there was no EFL statement from the EFL, yet hours later this appears in the Standard. Gotta be from Tom. The majority of it looks like a cut and paste job from previous Club statements, except for the "quotes"

The plot thickens.

I don't know why people bother with the non-Charlton threads on CL when there is so much drama and intrigue on the Charlton threads.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

I probably wasn’t being clear. Looks to me as if the club is feeding out what Harvey was saying in the meeting. I may be wrong though, but as the EFL have been responding to other journalists saying they won’t comment / issue statement on the meeting, that is my interpretation
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And they bowed down to his royalfucktardedness by going to him...
  • Options

And they bowed down to his royalfucktardedness by going to him...

I suppose he said you want to see me so you come here

• Options
    edited October 2018
    In all probability the details came from CAST, as it’s the gist of what was disclosed last night from their earlier meeting. They wanted to take the time to produce a detailed account of their own but there was no embargo requested on what was discussed last night. The detail is quite complicated.
  • Options
    So I am assuming Airman Brown that there is a lot of stuff that the Trust can't talk about what they discussed with EFL earlier due to legal/NDA type issues?? I query as to why Sir Ronald Duchatelet met with Harvey but the Trust met with someone else?? Why would they not meet with Harvey as well? Ie to counter act what Duchatelet has said?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    There will be a fuller report / statement on CAST website later today. Harvey was in that meeting too.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

So I am assuming Airman Brown that there is a lot of stuff that the Trust can't talk about what they discussed with EFL earlier due to legal/NDA type issues?? I query as to why Sir Ronald Duchatelet met with Harvey but the Trust met with someone else?? Why would they not meet with Harvey as well? Ie to counter act what Duchatelet has said?

No, the CAST guys met Harvey as well. They will be reporting on it on the CAST website soon (though are tired from the number of meetings they had to do yesterday with the AGM).
  • Options

In all probability the details came from CAST, as it’s the gist of what was disclosed last night from their earlier meeting. They wanted to take the time to produce a detailed account of their own but there was no embargo requested on what was discussed last night. The detail is quite complicated.

So were the Standard at the meeting or has someone at the meeting or from the Trust briefed the Standard?
  • Options
    Just beat you to it @rananegra ;-).

Lovely to renew a long lost acquaintance last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rudders22 said:

more bullshit. So all Harvey can say is that "Duchatelet will honour the agreement with the Aussies?" WTF??? So we still don't knpw price, terms agreed, deadline date etc. It doesn't say anything.. and Harvey has been told by Duchatelet that the "protests are holding up the sale of the club?? Really?? REALLY? There has been only one protest made since the so called sale price has been agreed. As for miscommunication. that wasn't the protesters, that came from "you know who". The only thing that we have been made public to the Standard is details regarding the papework in that a) they are waiting for confirmation of the make up of the consortium and b) Where are the sources of the money?? 1) So it is the Australians holding up the sale then, NOT the protestors and why is it taking so long for the aussies to do this I wonder?

Err, there is no way the EFL would make public the details of the sale such as price & terms.
  • Options
    So this Aussie consortium is one man and his dog then, Oh ! just the dog as the EFL have no idea where the money is coming from.
  • Options
    One of the Trust who was at the meeting with the EFL has spoken to the standard. I don’t know if they (ES) has spoken to anyone else as well.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

If CAST can't share info with the supporters it represents then what's the point?
  • Options

Rudders22 said:

If CAST can't share info with the supporters it represents then what's the point?
    It did last night at the AGM and as above a fuller background/report will be on CAST website later today, it’s public so you don’t need to be a member to access the website news stories.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

One of the Trust who was at the meeting with the EFL has spoken to the standard. I don’t know if they (ES) has spoken to anyone else as well.

Maybe not the greatest idea, tactically or in PR terms. Would have seemed better to wait for the full report on the website rather than let the Standard run only part of the story and in quite a misleading way IMHO. But, before someone reminds me, I'm not a member so up to the Trust to decide.
  • Options

Rudders22 said:

Give it a rest.
    They were out all day yesterday meeting the EFL in the day & the Trust AGM in the evening.
    The report will be on the trust website as soon as possible and may not be for a couple of days according to the person producing the report.
    NB There isn't much more to tell from what we were told last night, so just show a little patience please.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Rob7Lee said:

Maybe not the greatest idea, tactically or in PR terms. Would have seemed better to wait for the full report on the website rather than let the Standard run only part of the story and in quite a misleading way IMHO. But, before someone reminds me, I'm not a member so up to the Trust to decide.
    I don’t agree. I have some sympathy with the trust in terms of the logistics of yesterday and they want to produce a detailed report that respects the discussions in the meeting. There is also an appetite for headline information that needs to be satisfied or they will be attacked for holding out. It’s quite a balancing act. Also a lot of the details are pretty indigestible, mainly around EFL process, and they are a group of people who have to reach a consensus around what they say because they are accountable to each other and the members.
  • Options
    No doubt at the expense of the 37 second exclusive interview on what the coo does all day. ;)
    LouisMend said: