Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ronaldo's red card.

Comments

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

No other player on that pitch would have been sent off if they’d been the “perp” of that “incident”. Fact.

Is it tho
  • Options

Tbh who cares don’t you remember his winking after getting Rooney sent off cunt

It’s called karma

He didn't get Rooney sent off. Rooney did.
  • Options

Anyone who seriously thinks that's a red card should consider a new sport because football isn't for you. Get yourself into ballet or knitting.

Sorry I thought the video clip of Ronaldo trying to scratch someones head was him practicing his ballet! :(
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Greenie said:

One of the best players ever
    Never a red, the ref now has a trophy and story to tell.
    I was never a fan of Ronaldo but having taken time to read a few things about his work outside of football, I have nothing but admiration for the man, IMO he is top draw.
    Hopefully the red will be recinded.

Absolutely agree.

Think about it - people say Lewis Hamilton is an arrogant twat and rude etc etc but that's because he is one of the best ever at his job so it's hard not to have those traits - it's what defines him. And that's in a relatively niche sport when not many people get involved

Then look at CRonaldo. Playing the sport that billions of people play and have played and yet he is one of the best ever at it. He's going to come across as arrogant etc but the fact is - he's actually a decent bloke and his off the pitch stuff is phenomenal. He is hugely generous with time and money and I would absolutely love to meet him one day and just have a beer and a chat. He must be a fascinating character and, to be fair to him, he's an incredible shape and has looked after himself well.
    So you have never met him, yet hes a decent bloke.
    He is in incredible shape, so the likelihood of him having a beer with you is minimal as doubt that pubs are his thing.
    No idea what he does with his time or money, but don't wish to waste time finding out. perhaps you could enlighten me?
    Don't get the fascination either, rather spend it with someone like the late Brian Clough or Bobby Robson
    Not difficult to find : https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/cristiano-ronaldo-named-most-charitable-athlete-after-donating-thousands-10459073.html
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Greenie said:

I was never a fan of Ronaldo but having taken time to read a few things about his work outside of football, I have nothing but admiration for the man, IMO he is top draw.

Absolutely agree.

Think about it - people say Lewis Hamilton is an arrogant twat and rude etc etc but that's because he is one of the best ever at his job so it's hard not to have those traits - it's what defines him. And that's in a relatively niche sport when not many people get involved

Then look at CRonaldo. Playing the sport that billions of people play and have played and yet he is one of the best ever at it. He's going to come across as arrogant etc but the fact is - he's actually a decent bloke and his off the pitch stuff is phenomenal. He is hugely generous with time and money and I would absolutely love to meet him one day and just have a beer and a chat. He must be a fascinating character and, to be fair to him, he's an incredible shape and has looked after himself well.
    So you have never met him, yet hes a decent bloke.
    He is in incredible shape, so the likelihood of him having a beer with you is minimal as doubt that pubs are his thing.
    No idea what he does with his time or money, but don't wish to waste time finding out. perhaps you could enlighten me?
    Don't get the fascination either, rather spend it with someone like the late Brian Clough or Bobby Robson
    I haven't met him - but I can read. And I do watch TV interviews with him. He comes across as a decent bloke.
    You don't have to drink beer in a pub - I'd buy him a lime and soda if that's what he wanted.
    Again - you can read what he gets up to and judge for yourself or you can retain your own low opinion of him - up to you. I can't be arsed to enlighten you.
    Didn't realise I wasn't allowed to like more than one person. Will bear that in mind for future preferences

• Options
    Much like Hamilton, you can dislike him for whatever reason...but surely you HAVE to respect him for what he's achieved and how he's done it.
  • Options
    for the comment of ronaldo not caring come off it we all know what ronaldo is like unreal talent and an unreal bit of business by juve, but he will be gutted the whole united fixture wont be all about him, all this hugging of players before the games need to stop also - its ridiculous, can you imagine viera and keane hugging before a champs league game ffs
  • Options

Tbh who cares don’t you remember his winking after getting Rooney sent off cunt

It’s called karma

Doubt Ronaldo's particularly bothered about the 'karma'. Portugal won the match, last night barely mattered in comparison.

Besides, Rooney was his pal again afterwards so he couldn't have been that bothered.
    as an englishmen and a football fan i will always get annoyed at players celebrating other players getting sent off - just don't like it.
  • Options

Much like Hamilton, you can dislike him for whatever reason...but surely you HAVE to respect him for what he's achieved and how he's done it.

this, someone can be good with you also thinking they are a bit of bellend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Good comparison. Both legends in sport.

Mentioned in the specific thread but I REALLY don’t get the Hamilton one.

Brilliant at what he does, incredibly humble and measured in interviews, articulate, charitable, and always praises his team. And he’s British to boot.

Unlike Ronaldo (who I also think is brilliant) he’s one of our own!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Greenie said:

Absolutely agree.

I bet he's not. Trains relentlessly, plays football a lot, loves himself. I bet he's a boring fucker.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Greenie said:

Absolutely agree.

I bet he's a boring fucker.
    He's travelled the world, is famous on every continent, has played with or against pretty much every world class player on the planet, is an astonishingly motivated man... I'd imagine he might find me quite boring to be honest.
  • Options
    I would go along with that.
  • Options
    Swisdom hearts Cristiano

#Crisdom
  • Options

The blokes a supreme athlete, makes incredible amounts of money for good causes and has given us some of the best footballing performances we have ever seen.

And that’s not even a warning let alone a red.

This 100%
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

No other player on that pitch would have been sent off if they’d been the “perp” of that “incident”. Fact.

Is it though
  • Options
    Good band name “Ronaldo’s Red Card”.
  • Options
    He gives money to good causes and is a great athlete so it’s not a red card?

Has somebody re-written the laws of the game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Thats right, that is what everyone is saying, or perhaps to it wasn't a red, because the ref made a mistake?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Brings back some happy memories

That was right in front of me it was brilliant 😊
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Redrobo said:

Thats right, that is what everyone is saying, or perhaps to it wasn't a red, because the ref made a mistake?
    I disagree. The only mistake was his. Should have kept his hands to himself. He was mouthing off to the player and the poke in the head was to deliberately antagonise him. He needs to learn and move on.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Greenie said:

Redrobo said:

I disagree. The only mistake was his. Should have kept his hands to himself. He was mouthing off to the player and the poke in the head was to deliberately antagonise him. He needs to learn and move on.
    Yep he made a mistake but it was a yellow mistake not a red one.
  • Options
    Great player,arsehole of a man.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Redrobo said:

Greenie said:

Redrobo said:

A yellow is what I said before based on the clip.

But the referee would have to mitigate it down. What I do not know is what he was saying, and the tone being used. It can all add to what happens next.

I hate cheats - even if wearing the red of Charlton. I also have a healthy dislike of the sly bastards that wind everything up and then plead total shock and disbelief when caught out.

If the player had poked Ronaldo’s face he would have been rolling on the floor, checking for blood, and waiving an imaginary card.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Redrobo said:

Greenie said:

Redrobo said:

He should never have given the ref a choice to make though

He is a pro and has been playing for a long time, he knows not to give the ref a choice to make
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Redrobo said:

Hahaha are people actually relating the two of what we are saying. Fuck sake.
  • Options
    I’m pleased he got a red card for it, deliberately touched the blokes head to provoke a reaction.

If it was Kane, Messi, Suarez, Aguerro, griezman doing the same, would think they should get a red card too.

Deliberately provocative behaviour, hand on the opponents head regardless of if there are verbals as well should not be a part of the game
  • Options
    edited September 2018

I’m pleased he got a red card for it, deliberately touched the blokes head to provoke a reaction.

If it was Kane, Messi, Suarez, Aguerro, griezman doing the same, would think they should get a red card too.

Deliberately provocative behaviour, hand on the opponents head regardless of if there are verbals as well should not be a part of the game

Wow, I went back and looked. I originally thought it was meant as a "sorry about that" gesture, but upon seeing the replay in slow mo, I think you are right! It was the action of someone who thinks he will never be held accountable.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=1tKn9i7R634