Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ronaldo's red card.

124»

Comments

• Options
    Doesn’t he foul the guy just beforehand?
  • Options

He does.

For whatever reason the red mist has descended. Napa makes an interesting observation in that he initially sees it as a consolatory gesture. I confess to judging it from the referees perspective, but I am not sure I can rule out bias based on previous attitude of such a famous player.

Pity he has that side to him (and I am not talking about any sort of winning attitude) as he is probably the best striker I have ever seen. Only up close do you realise how tall he is, and what an athlete!

• Options

Posted on page 1.
    There’s a bit of a push and shove etc but the defender reaches out with both hands first
    If that’s a foul, make it a non contact sport and at least we all know where we stand then

• Options
    Turn it around, and if someone did the same to him he would be apoplectic with rage.
  • Options
    100% but it still wouldn’t be a red card.

His antics do him no favours.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45663148

Just the automatic 1 match ban (which can't be appealed against) but no more. A 3 match ban would have been ridiculous for that incident
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Turn it around, and if someone did the same to him he would be apoplectic with rage.

Did what to him, precisely?
  • Options
    It was never a red card offence. Those that think it was are blinded by dislike for the man.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

MrOneLung said:

Gently patted him on the head...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

MrOneLung said:

Gently patted him on the head...
    Even that sounds more violent than what actually happened.

The funniest part is, seven seconds into that video on the tweet, some outraged player goes running past at breakneck speed! "HE TOUCHED MY COLLEAGUE'S HAIR WITH HIS FINGER WON'T SOMEBODY STOP THIS CARNAGE?!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

MrOneLung said:

Just touched his hair.
    He would be having a right moan at the ref
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Actually Ronaldo wears a toupe
  • Options
    How's his leg?
  • Options
    Looks like he's got bigger problems than a one match ban.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/cristiano-ronaldo-american-woman-accuses-ronaldo-of-rape-a-1230627.html

Long story short - he was accused of committing rape in Las Vegas, circa 2009, he paid the woman 300k to say nothing, she's now talking and questioning the validity of her NDA. Meanwhile, Ronaldo said this on the record:

"She said stop or no several times. She said that she doesn't want to, but she has made herself available. Afterwards I apologized. But she never screamed."

Erm...
  • Options
    We must show solidarity with the victim and campaign for him to be appointed head of Portugal's justice system
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Looks like he's got bigger problems than a one match ban.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/cristiano-ronaldo-american-woman-accuses-ronaldo-of-rape-a-1230627.html

Long story short - he was accused of committing rape in Las Vegas, circa 2009, he paid the woman 300k to say nothing, she's now talking and questioning the validity of her NDA. Meanwhile, Ronaldo said this on the record:

"She said stop or no several times. She said that she doesn't want to, but she has made herself available. Afterwards I apologized. But she never screamed."

Erm...

If there is no smoke to this... Why did he pay her off?

If someone accused me of raping them with no cause then I'd just take them to court for every penny they've got
  • Options
    He says it's fake news. Can't tell if he's following the playbook or if the quotes are fabricated.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

It was never a red card offence. Those that think it was are blinded by dislike for the man.

Don’t dislike him and think he is a great player. Red card for me.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

He says it's fake news. Can't tell if he's following the playbook or if the quotes are fabricated.

He claims the original DS article was illegal, so the NDA clearly exists.
  • Options
    That's from Spiegel, which I have mentioned in other threads. That isn't some two bob website, it's Germany's answer to Time or the Economist, and it knows the meaning of the word "libel". Well worth the typically long read, as are lots of other articles on their international webpage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That's from Spiegel, which I have mentioned in other threads. That isn't some two bob website, it's Germany's answer to Time or the Economist, and it knows the meaning of the word "libel". Well worth the typically long read, as are lots of other articles on their international webpage.

You should have said so earlier ;)
  • Options

Private Eye knows the word libel too.