Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Taskmaster - new series starting tonight at 9 (p21)

1…1819202123

Comments

  • aliwibble
    aliwibble Posts: 29,989
    When Kumail got the scissors out on the censorship task, I thought WTF? And it just got weirder from there.
  • fenaddick
    fenaddick Posts: 23,445
    I thought Thursday's episode was almost like going back to early Taskmaster, ridiculously silly and great tasks
  • rina
    rina Posts: 2,386
    rina said:

    Amy Gledhill 

    Armando Iannucci 

    Joanna Page 

    Joel Dommett 

    Kumail Nanjiani 

    for those who don't know the s21 lineup

    I'd seen the same rumour - find the 4th one really annoying normally!!  Hopefully works in the format - there has been some contestants before I hadn't liked on other stuff who won me round!
    Now it's been announced... Joel Dommett.  I find Joel Dommett really annoying.
    Very happy to have been wrong on this - he's been really good on Taskmaster so far.
    glad you were wrong. he's just a delight to watch on this
  • rina
    rina Posts: 2,386
    I'm sure I've posted about this before, we went to see the Horne Section and Alex tested out a task on stage with audience members including my wife. She won and we now have the signed task envelope and a signed jar of chinese 5 spice sat on the mantlepiece. The task she tested was tonight's one with the socks and tents
  • MarcusH26
    MarcusH26 Posts: 11,167
    I'm going to miss this cast next week. I still don't entirely get Joanna's schtick with the rambling stories but the rest of them have been an absolute joy.

    I've deliberately avoided any S22 cast spoilers because I actually want the surprise this time 
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 8,406
    Brilliant series. Fantastic chemistry.
  • siblers
    siblers Posts: 2,399
    edited June 11
    Really enjoyed this group, they had a great chemistry and they all added something. One of the best series since the move to C4.

    For the next series, Its the kinda lineup you'd have had from the earlier series back on Dave. Hopefully they can match expectations
  • MarcusH26
    MarcusH26 Posts: 11,167
    edited June 12
    Next series looks really really strong. Shame Chloe Petts is a massive Palace fan but you can't have everything perfect with a lineup. 

    Be interesting to see Nina Conti without Monkey. 
  • Diebythesword
    Diebythesword Posts: 1,067
    iainment said:
    Brilliant series. Fantastic chemistry.
    Every series it starts out like “surely this is the series they don’t click” and yet every time it’s fantastic. Fantastic cast again for the next series.

    adam Buxton must be fuming he’s still not on. 
  • MarcusH26
    MarcusH26 Posts: 11,167
    Now they've got Ayoade at last who are the big names that we haven't seen that probably would do it? 

    Can rule out the likes of David Mitchell and Matt Berry who seemingly don't want to do it. 

  • Sponsored links:



  • thenewbie
    thenewbie Posts: 11,980
    edited June 12
    MarcusH26 said:
    Now they've got Ayoade at last who are the big names that we haven't seen that probably would do it? 

    Can rule out the likes of David Mitchell and Matt Berry who seemingly don't want to do it. 
    Robert Webb maybe? Or Chris O'Dowd?

    They'd be maybe the biggest realistic ones. Not as big but there's more of the Ghost crew I'd like to see, Simon Farnaby or Jim Howick being my particular hopes.
  • MrOneLung
    MrOneLung Posts: 28,215
    First aeries I have watched for quite some time

    really enjoyed it

    Poor final studio task though
  • MrOneLung
    MrOneLung Posts: 28,215
    Oh and Kumail would have tied with Joanna for total points if he had got given 5 points for the pillow fight task rather than 0 
  • thenewbie
    thenewbie Posts: 11,980
    MrOneLung said:
    Oh and Kumail would have tied with Joanna for total points if he had got given 5 points for the pillow fight task rather than 0 
    He did actually get 5 points according to someone who was there, Greg was just joking.
  • McBobbin
    McBobbin Posts: 12,229
    Ross noble would be the ultimate contestant! 

    Great series, and looking forward to the next one
  • North Lower Neil
    North Lower Neil Posts: 24,317
    McBobbin said:
    Ross noble would be the ultimate contestant! 

    Great series, and looking forward to the next one
    He turned it down a few years back, who knows if he might change his mind one day:

    https://x.com/realrossnoble/status/1357514194870882307?s=20
  • Exiled_Addick
    Exiled_Addick Posts: 18,100
    MarcusH26 said:
    Now they've got Ayoade at last who are the big names that we haven't seen that probably would do it? 

    Can rule out the likes of David Mitchell and Matt Berry who seemingly don't want to do it. 
    Depends what you class as a "big name", but there are loads left who haven't done it yet. Not saying they're all my cup of tea, that I would want them all to do it, or that Alex would necessarily think they'd be good contestants, but some household names that spring to mind:

    Ricky Gervais, Billy Connolly, Jimmy Carr, John Bishop, Michael McIntyre, Rowan Atkinson, Harry Hill, Peter Kaye, Mickey Flanaghan, Sandy Toskvig, Stephen Merchant, Miranda Hart, Jack Whitehall, Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry, Stewart Lee, Alan Carr, Ross Noble, Lee Evans, Bill Baley, Eddie Izzard, Rob Brydon, Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders, Paul Merton, Vic Reeves.

    I'm sure some of those would not do it, either, but that's just the established, mostly over 50, crowd. There's tons more under 45, plus comedic actors and overseas comics. And it's often the ones that are known on the circuit and to stand-up fans but less well known to wider public, like John Kearns, Fern Brady, Bridget Kristie, Phil Ellis who show up best on the show. The show can really go on for as long as Alex can be bothered to keep dreaming up tasks. 
  • MarcusH26
    MarcusH26 Posts: 11,167
    MarcusH26 said:
    Now they've got Ayoade at last who are the big names that we haven't seen that probably would do it? 

    Can rule out the likes of David Mitchell and Matt Berry who seemingly don't want to do it. 
    Depends what you class as a "big name", but there are loads left who haven't done it yet. Not saying they're all my cup of tea, that I would want them all to do it, or that Alex would necessarily think they'd be good contestants, but some household names that spring to mind:

    Ricky Gervais, Billy Connolly, Jimmy Carr, John Bishop, Michael McIntyre, Rowan Atkinson, Harry Hill, Peter Kaye, Mickey Flanaghan, Sandy Toskvig, Stephen Merchant, Miranda Hart, Jack Whitehall, Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry, Stewart Lee, Alan Carr, Ross Noble, Lee Evans, Bill Baley, Eddie Izzard, Rob Brydon, Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders, Paul Merton, Vic Reeves.

    I'm sure some of those would not do it, either, but that's just the established, mostly over 50, crowd. There's tons more under 45, plus comedic actors and overseas comics. And it's often the ones that are known on the circuit and to stand-up fans but less well known to wider public, like John Kearns, Fern Brady, Bridget Kristie, Phil Ellis who show up best on the show. The show can really go on for as long as Alex can be bothered to keep dreaming up tasks. 
    French and Saunders feel like really obvious names to do it if they were interested, obviously like most comedy double acts Alex would split them up. Stephen Merchant I'd love to see if his schedule worked out. 
  • SuedeAdidas
    SuedeAdidas Posts: 8,179
    Andrew Lawrence
  • McBobbin
    McBobbin Posts: 12,229
    That's the first lineup where I've known everyone before it starts

  • Sponsored links:



  • EpsomAddick
    EpsomAddick Posts: 2,843
    New series starts tonight at 9pm!
  • fenaddick
    fenaddick Posts: 23,445
    New series starts tonight at 9pm!
    And loads of series of the Aus & NZ series available to stream in the UK from today too 
  • thenewbie
    thenewbie Posts: 11,980
    Quite liked the first episode, Matt and Richard both seem to be very much in it purely for their own amusement which could give us some good moments.
  • MarcusH26
    MarcusH26 Posts: 11,167
    Really strong start. No one is going to run away with this series because I don't think any of them are competent enough. 
  • McBobbin
    McBobbin Posts: 12,229
    Always takes a while to bed in, but so far so good.
  • siblers
    siblers Posts: 2,399
    edited September 17
    Not a great season so far, has had its moments but there's zero chemistry between them. Nina may as well not be there for the studio parts
  • MarcusH26
    MarcusH26 Posts: 11,167
    edited September 17
    I really like Chloe despite being a Nigel  but the rest are hard work. I know Richard is Richard and I knew what to expect but Isy and Nina just don't seem to feature. 
  • lordromford
    lordromford Posts: 8,808
    edited September 18
    Yeah, not feeling it so far.

    Chloe’s trying to inject some energy and friendly ribbing into the studio bits, but it’s like she’s the only one willing to try.
    Richard’s schtick is what it is, and I do like him, but it’s just not working here.
    Matt genuinely looks like he regrets accepting the gig.
    Nina is ok I suppose. When Greg said “I’ve seen your show and you’re an incredible, talented ventriloquist, but that was shit.” It summed her up for me: Talented. Not Funny.
    Issy is ok too. Some funny stuff. Not much though. She seems like she’s a nice person.

    I’ve chuckled a couple of times, but there’s not been one single proper belly laugh for me so far this series. Usually, there’s probably at least one per episode. 
    Really not looking good after 3 episodes.
  • siblers
    siblers Posts: 2,399
    edited September 24
    Someone in a different discussion said they think Chloe Pett's accent is put on and now its all I can think about when they speak
  • MarcusH26
    MarcusH26 Posts: 11,167
    Slightly better episode but it still feels like it's missing the magic that the stronger series have. Something about this lineup just isn't clicking for me and I don't know if it's too many low energy people on one series.