Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Barnsley referee Oh No!!!!!!

Oh no!! Championship referee James Linington will be in charge of the game vs Barnsley this weekend. Most will remember him earlier this season in the 1-0 defeat to Peterborough at home on a Tuesday night where he gave them a dubious penalty and booked Lee Boywer. I am sure Lee Boywer is delighted he is back at the valley again!!!

Comments

• Options
    Great
  • Options
    Good, he owes us
  • Options
    This has really pissed me off.

That penalty still bothers me.

I have never left a game so frustrated and annoyed, yes we have had shit refs but in no way was that a penalty, even posh fans at the station said it
  • Options

I have never left a game so frustrated and annoyed, yes we have had shit refs but in no way was that a penalty, even posh fans at the station said it

So they were not eating Microwave burgers then?

• Options
    Might aswell call the game off and give them the 3 points.
  • Options
    The worst refereeing performance I’ve seen in years at any level that night
  • Options

Might aswell call the game off and give them the 3 points.

Business as usual...
  • Options
    We lost get over it
  • Options

Good, he owes us

I look at it this way too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Thank God I'm missing this one, blokes useless.
  • Options
    oh for fuck sake. How did he ever get a referee in the 1st place. I do wonder if there is something dodgy going on with the refs lower down. You can't be that shit I am sorry.
  • Options
    Shocking display against Peterborough. He couldn't wait to give that penalty.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

oh for fuck sake. How did he ever get a referee in the 1st place. I do wonder if there is something dodgy going on with the refs lower down. You can't be that shit I am sorry.

This "ref" normally operates at Championship level ... bugger knows how though.

This clown hasn't been in charge of a match since Norwich/Boro a month ago - I wonder why that is?

He's dished out 19 yellows and two penalties in his seven matches, his busiest match involved seven yellows and one rather controversial pen.

I also note that he's only officiated in one Third Division match so far this year ... how come we're being punished twice in the same season?!

Maybe someone got in his ear after the League Cup 1st Round match, looking at the results of his subsequent fixtures involving Division Three sides ... :wink:
    Ref.JPG 55.3K
  • Options
    Match fixing?
  • Options
    mmmmm. notice ours has the highest yellow count card.. That is a worrying stat. That we have had 7 yellow cards in that game. Mostly to us??? Yet Peterboro were doing most of the cheating and play acting... Something fishy on our game which I don't like. I can't say what I think but why has all the other ganes have 1 or 2 yellow cards apart from Norwich and Middlesboro and yet we have 7? Strange despite Bowyer "no doubt" expressing his views on the fer. the powers that be have stuck 2 fingers at us and ignored it. It will be interesting if he gives us dodgy decisions and pens.. After all Barnsley and Peterborough are going for promotion.
  • Options
    What is in it for him to cheat us? He probably just had a bad game. Hopefully he knows he gave them a dodgy penalty and tries harder to be fair. I wouldn't say it was a bad thing - lots of crap refs we could have!
  • Options
    I can't believe this... How stupid are the football league... First decision this idiot gives against us, whether right or wrong he is going to get pillared..... Hopefully.
  • Options
    If he has a similar performance we may see a pattern. I would be surprised though.
  • Options
    All referees in this league are Shite so why worry ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Is it Trevor Kettle?

I saw him on the goals round up over the weekend. Still going. Still getting things hopelessly wrong.

And to think, Clever Trevor has earned more, much more out of the game than any of us.
  • Options
    Bowyer would have been unflattering in his ref assessment but the FA (or EFL) give him vitually the next match against us. How inept is that?
  • Options
    We've had in the past and he was ok-ish until last time when he was a c*** against. Surely he can't be as scandalous.
  • Options
    Keith Stroud is a very poor Ref.

Trevor Kettle loves a double Red, waggy and Holland's away and the two Bolton lads at the Valley. Can be average on a good day.

James Linington had a shocker, hope he just had an off day but coming back to the valley so soon is perverse.

Lyle Taylor is odds on to get a yellow card for dissent.
  • Options
    look at the positives. he'll have to even it up & give us a last minute pen. nailed on.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Not sure of the relevance or necessity of this comment ? Chap gives his opinion on an old game and you make fun at him for an old thread ?
  • Options

I can't believe this... How stupid are the football league... First decision this idiot gives against us, whether right or wrong he is going to get pillared..... Hopefully.

Yeah, like that's going to help for the next 80 minutes!

• Options

Keith Stroud is a very poor Ref.

Trevor Kettle loves a double Red, waggy and Holland's away and the two Bolton lads at the Valley. Can be average on a good day.

James Linington had a shocker, hope he just had an off day but coming back to the valley so soon is perverse.

Lyle Taylor is odds on to get a yellow card for dissent.

Hopefully we can say that Stroud was a very poor ref rather than "is" now ... Unless he's been injured (laughable I know) he's only taken charge of three games all season so hoping that he's decided to take semi-retirement

Trevor Kettle on the other hand just wont piss off
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Not sure of the relevance or necessity of this comment ? Chap gives his opinion on an old game and you make fun at him for an old thread ?
    Thanks @Sir Chrissy but unfortunatly I am used to that on here now
  • Options

Rudders22 said:

This "ref" normally operates at Championship level ... bugger knows how though.

This clown hasn't been in charge of a match since Norwich/Boro a month ago - I wonder why that is?

He's dished out 19 yellows and two penalties in his seven matches, his busiest match involved seven yellows and one rather controversial pen.

I also note that he's only officiated in one Third Division match so far this year ... how come we're being punished twice in the same season?!

Maybe someone got in his ear after the League Cup 1st Round match, looking at the results of his subsequent fixtures involving Division Three sides ... :wink:
    As a positive 5 of the 7 home teams he has reffed have won.....