Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Barnsley referee Oh No!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    John you should have been at the home game v Peterboro. I was there. I have my own feelings about this ref.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

John you should have been at the home game v Peterboro. I was there. I have my own feelings about this ref.

oi oi sailor!

Yep very true probably would be different if i was there, but hopeful it could be a one off we shall see.
  • Options
    I thought even though we were on the wrong end of most of the decision in the Peterborough home match didn't the ref wave play on to a blatant foul by Chris Solly in front of the East stand. I'm sure it was the posh game in the second half.
  • Options
    Do you mean the goood strong tackle, did'nt see any of their players appealing for a foul , even though Sols left the opponent in a heap on the floor.
  • Options
    To an extent I think its a good idea for the EFL to do this and this sort of thing going forward

If a Manager thinks their Referee has had a stinker and voices their opinions the wrong way then they should be lumped with that referee again, especially if the Manager was wrong with their comments - In this case though its incompetent from the EFL; they should take into account any comments from the Manager / Captain and when Chris Solly comes out saying that the Ref couldnt even explain why he'd given the penalty in the first place then alarm bells have to start bloody ringing!!
  • Options

To an extent I think its a good idea for the EFL to do this and this sort of thing going forward

If a Manager thinks their Referee has had a stinker and voices their opinions the wrong way then they should be lumped with that referee again, especially if the Manager was wrong with their comments - In this case though its incompetent from the EFL; they should take into account any comments from the Manager / Captain and when Chris Solly comes out saying that the Ref couldnt even explain why he'd given the penalty in the first place then alarm bells have to start bloody ringing!!

They could have also seen a video of the game and witnessed how poor he was, and how right Bowyer was to make the comments about him.
  • Options
    I have just seen that this referee is in charge down at The Den for Millwall vs Wigan tomorrow night. I'm sure they will love him down there with his bizarre decisions!! :)
  • Options

I have just seen that this referee is in charge down at The Den for Millwall vs Wigan tomorrow night. I'm sure they will love him down there with his bizarre decisions!! :)

They'll be fine. The Spanners are a forgiving lot.