Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Geoff Scott RIP

edited October 2018 in General Charlton
I understand from a Facebook group I am on that Geoff has passed away.

I know he only played twice for Charlton but he looked really impressive although ironically his injury led to the Addicks signing Mark Aizlewood who proved to be a legend.

Comments

• RIP, didn’t realise he only played 2 games for us. Seem to remember him being a left footed blond?
  • RIP. I remember him, thought he played more than two games for us.
  • RIP. I remember him, thought he played more than two games for us.

Burnley at home and Chelsea away whilst we were waiting for Simonsen to sign. He stayed contracted for a couple of seasons.
  • I Was at Stamford Bridge when he got injured early on. He was out for several months and I was at The Valley to see his comeback match for the reserves. Sadly, he lasted just a couple of minutes and that was the end of fis Charlton career. RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• That’s sad news. Remember him well and would quite often see him down at the nightclub in Dartford. RIP
  • R I P .. Geoff had a long career with many clubs .. he died far too young .. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Scott_(footballer)
  • I Was at Stamford Bridge when he got injured early on. He was out for several months and I was at The Valley to see his comeback match for the reserves. Sadly, he lasted just a couple of minutes and that was the end of fis Charlton career. RIP.

I was at the reserves match against Spurs. Their reserves team was full of household names and I thought Scott played most of the match and was the best one on the pitch. Well, that's how my memory sees it.

Either way, he was a talent. RIP
  • Sad news. Rip Geoff. Seem to remember he was featured on Can't Pay, We'll Take It Away recently.
  • RIP. You could play 10 mins and you would be an Addick forever!
  • Watched the one full game he played and remember being very impressed with him.
    RIP.

I was at the reserves match against Spurs. Their reserves team was full of household names and I thought Scott played most of the match and was the best one on the pitch. Well, that's how my memory sees it.

I was at that game and my memory is the same. Sure he was up against Crooks and Brazil.
    RIP
  • Can't believe it was only two games, he is more memorable than players who played more for some reason.
    RIP Geoff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Two games?

Saw them both. Class act, injured and just another promising player who's career was cut short at Charlton.

RIP.

• Gosh so sad. Thought he played many more than that. Remember him vividly unlike recent others who must have played many more times. RIP.
  • Sad news. Rip Geoff. Seem to remember he was featured on Can't Pay, We'll Take It Away recently.

Oh, that Geoff Scott. I remember that episode. poor bloke.

RIP.

I was also at that game,that season in what was the Football Combination, Geoff was captain of our reserve side & i with a few friends used to attend most home games & a few local away games & Geoff was outstanding in nearly all of the matches.We wondered what he had to do to get back into the 1st team,it appeared Lennie Lawrence must have had something against him,in a 1st team game at Middlesbrough when were short of centre-halves player-coach Tommy Taylor was named as sub when Geoff was the obvious choice.
    RIP Geoff.
  • Like others, I thought he played more games. Far too young. R.I.P.Geoff.
  • I saw both games too; he looked pretty good and it was a shame he got hurt and never played for the 1st team again. RIP Geoff.
  • RIP Geoff. Seemed to be a decent player for the matches in which he featured in.
  • https://youtu.be/-5Kt1vjOxT0

One of Geoff's appearance's in a Charlton shirt.
  • Rather like Gary Rowett.....one or two excellent performances and left a great impression.....but sadly that was all.
    Looked like we had made a great signing but it was not to be.
    RIP.....Geoff.....RIP.
  • shirty5 said:

https://youtu.be/-5Kt1vjOxT0

One of Geoff's appearance's in a Charlton shirt.

I was at this with a Chelsea supporting mate and his old man.