Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL Fantasy League

Comments

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    I’m 0-8. Genuinely don’t even think my teams that awful but can’t  buy a win.
    It's probably quite a good team, but is it a good fantasy team?

Looking at your schedule, you've finished bottom four in terms of points scored five times, then 5th/7th/8th: https://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/194380/teams/1435227/schedule 

You've been unlucky twice, and a bit unlucky a lot of the time.

You also don't have many true number ones at their position. I'm not saying I'm doing particularly well, but all my WRs are WR1s, and my RBs are either feature backs or get a lot of touches. In my limited fantasy experience, I've found that volume is key.
  • Options
    this week killed me. Lost by 1.1 after starting MVS over Mike Williams at the last minute.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    PaddyP17 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    I’m 0-8. Genuinely don’t even think my teams that awful but can’t  buy a win.
    It's probably quite a good team, but is it a good fantasy team?

Looking at your schedule, you've finished bottom four in terms of points scored five times, then 5th/7th/8th: https://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/194380/teams/1435227/schedule 

You've been unlucky twice, and a bit unlucky a lot of the time.

You also don't have many true number ones at their position. I'm not saying I'm doing particularly well, but all my WRs are WR1s, and my RBs are either feature backs or get a lot of touches. In my limited fantasy experience, I've found that volume is key.
    It’s definitely not the best team there, but it shouldn’t be 0-8. Losing Hill week 1 was a killer, and then having him lose Mahomes as soon as he came back was even worse.

Bell lost Darnold and any semblance of a passing game for 4 weeks (I think) which also hurt me.

Should probably be about 3-5 which would be okay. Didn’t help that Evans decided to put up 30+ points this weekend as my team was doing OK for once.
  • Options
    It's also standard scoring so players like Bell aren't going to have as much value as they would in half-PPR or PPR.
  • Options
    At the opposite end of the spectrum I have truly ridden my luck to get to 7-1 as it appears that whenever anyone plays me, they don't score very highly. 

Still, I'll take it!
  • Options
    At the opposite end of the spectrum I have truly ridden my luck to get to 7-1 as it appears that whenever anyone plays me, they don't score very highly. 

Still, I'll take it!

Here are the teams listed by Average points scored and average points conceded

• Options
    Second most points but 4-4. That's happened to me in two leagues this year. 
  • Options
    Bit of a rollercoaster for me. Only 0.6pts difference on average per week - no wonder my consistency is rated as "awful". 

Then again, I've had at least two weeks of underperforming on projections by at least 30 points (lost both times), so it's not totally luck leading me to a 5-3 record thus far.
  • Options
    Anyone got a running back to trade for a WR?

I have JuJu, Golladay, Nuk and DJ Chark but obviously can't fit them all in. Anyone open to making a fair offer?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

I have JuJu, Golladay, Nuk and DJ Chark but obviously can't fit them all in. Anyone open to making a fair offer?

Austin Ekeler of any interest?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Good question - on balance, looking at schedules and with Gordon's return, I think probably not quite the right fit for me. May just wing it with Drake when back; Mark Walton (lol); and... who knows what Carlos Hyde is doing in that committee, so yeah
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:

Good question - on balance, looking at schedules and with Gordon's return, I think probably not quite the right fit for me. May just wing it with Drake when back; Mark Walton (lol); and... who knows what Carlos Hyde is doing in that committee, so yeah
    Haha understandable, the trade values don't totally make sense with your WRs either
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Kareem Hunt?
  • Options

lol no
  • Options
    tommyr said:
    PaddyP17 said:

Kareem Hunt?
    When is he back?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    tommyr said:
    PaddyP17 said:

Kareem Hunt?
    When is he back?
    i think he has an 8 game ban so potentially week 9?
  • Options
    tommyr said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    tommyr said:
    PaddyP17 said:

Kareem Hunt?
    When is he back?
    In which case I'll wait. Could be mutually beneficial from 9/10 onwards, and as I have the whole spectrum of good-to-elite WRs (genuinely), we can plug in a trade accordingly if he works out/is good/is very good/is elite, or whatever. But yeah not a bad shout - and it depends on Chubb too of course!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    tommyr said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    tommyr said:
    PaddyP17 said:

Kareem Hunt?
    When is he back?
    In which case I'll wait. Could be mutually beneficial from 9/10 onwards, and as I have the whole spectrum of good-to-elite WRs (genuinely), we can plug in a trade accordingly if he works out/is good/is very good/is elite, or whatever. But yeah not a bad shout - and it depends on Chubb too of course!
    no worries. i have some decent Running backs but am a bit light at WR
  • Options
    tommyr said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    tommyr said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    tommyr said:
    PaddyP17 said:

Kareem Hunt?
    When is he back?
    no worries. i have some decent Running backs but am a bit light at WR
    Gurley or Lindsay for Nuk or Golladay? Maybe not this week but next?

Think any combination of those would be relatively fair...
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

lol no
    Worth a try ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    PaddyP17 said:

lol no
    Worth a try ;)
    Could've snuck past someone who wasn't a Jags fan!!
  • Options
    No way Paddy gives up one of his Jags roster !!

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    No way Paddy gives up one of his Jags roster !!

Of course not - my team is named after one of them; Josh Lambo is a top 5 kicker; the D/ST is alright; Chark is a stud; and Conley... well, he's just a neat guy!
  • Options
    Dumped some of my IR chumps at Hey Darnold to try and keep me in the game, door is open for some trades if anyone fancies picking over the bones of my team.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    PaddyP17 said:

lol no
    Worth a try ;)
    I don't get too tied up in ranks with trades. A lot of it is about remaining schedule and your hopes/predictions for the remainder of the season.
  • Options
    Willing to trade Wentz/Dak, Woods and maybe Samuels, Williams or Michel. Dalvin and Davante the only untouchable ones.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    PaddyP17 said:

lol no
    Worth a try ;)
    I don't get too tied up in ranks with trades. A lot of it is about remaining schedule and your hopes/predictions for the remainder of the season.
    But also - come ON, who would trade Chark there!!!
  • Options
    @tommyr - I've put in an offer, I dunno if you think it's fair, but I would say so! We definitely both benefit
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    PaddyP17 said:

lol no
    Worth a try ;)
    But also - come ON, who would trade Chark there!!!
    Oh no I wouldn't - not in standard scoring.
  • Options
    Held on to Kenyan Drake for ages, subsequently forgetting to put him in when on a much better team. And he goes and scores THAT. Sigh.