Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Copa Libertadores final

Comments

• Options
    Thoroughly enjoyed the match, well played both teams for the two great games.
  • Options

Not seen that replay that they did of freezing the game and scanning around just at the point of a goal being scored before.

Good game to watch bar all the theatricals. The sending off, deserved, changed the game although River had been coming into it more and more.

It’s part of the La Liga coverage of Spanish matches, guessing they used the same production company for the match yesterday. It’s pretty cool, surprised Sky haven’t nicked that idea yet.
  • Options
    terrific game, great goals and I loved the music at the end .. all together now .. 'It's a long way to Tipperary .. it's along way to go …. '
  • Options
    Despite a pretty confusing security system in the blocks around the stadium to check ID and tickets before getting anywhere near the ground, it all seemed to go off without any problems. Obviously the most hard-core supporters weren't there but it was amazing to have tens of thousands of each side's fans in the city without any trouble. The Argentineans were on great form and the Boca zone before the ground was buzzing. Didn't go to the River Plate celebration area afterwards (in the centre, at Sol) but haven't seen any reports of trouble at all in the city, making it a big success for Madrid as well.
  • Options
    CM probably because the police didn’t get Barton happy like they always do when England or an English club are in town.

Relaxed and proportionate policing, 9 times out of 10, results in a relaxed time for all concerned.
  • Options

CM probably because the police didn’t get Barton happy like they always do when England or an English club are in town.

Relaxed and proportionate policing, 9 times out of 10, results in a relaxed time for all concerned.

True, but some of the behaviour of English fans here in the last few years has been horrific - wrecking squares, taunting locals, etc. There's a bit of it with other teams from Northern Europe as well (must be the attitude towards drinking) but Latin and Southern Europeans fans seem to be able to generate a great atmosphere here without it descending into idiocy.Obviously could have been different if the Boca/River ultras turned up though!
  • Options
    After last nights 3-0 away win for Boca, and with River Plate facing unfancied Cerro Porteno in their quarter final, it now looks pretty certain that there will be a 2 legged River v Boca semi final this year.

I bet CONMEBOL are delighted...........
  • Options
    River beat Boca 2-0 in the semi final first leg last night.

A quiet night..........

https://twitter.com/WorldFootballi/status/1179288510039302144

https://twitter.com/will_finnie/status/1179414137312612352
    On Saturday I was seated next to a Londoner Leeds fan (very quiet and well behaved chap, most unlike myself) .. story was .. a pal of his chose for his stag do to go to Buenos Aires for Boca/Riv P game .. described as absolutely mad and put every other experience at a game/event in the shade, a night to remember .. he also said that Buenos is a great city, friendly people, reasonable prices, good hotels & food (lots of lovely meat) .. I didn't ask if he did the Tango or the Fandango .. don't know how long ago he went there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great... Palace fans will no doubt see that and we'll have fireworks above a Tuesday night clash with Bournemouth soon!!

Pilots going to Gatwick beware!!
  • Options
    Bumpty bump for the 2019 competition.

The 60th Copa Libertadores final between Flamengo and River Plate at the Estadio Monumental in Lima, Peru will be aired on BBC Two and BBC iPlayer on Saturday, 23 November from 19:45 GMT.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50503501
  • Options
    Been very impressed with Flamengo this season, in the final of Copa Libertadores and walked the Brazilian league. Jorge Jesus (who was Benfica manager for years) has done wonders since taking over and built a very attacking side.

As the article says Gabriel Barbosa and Bruno Henrique have scored for fun, and i can't believe Inter Milan are apparently willing to sell Barbosa rather than recall him back from loan.
  • Options
    Been very impressed with Flamengo this season, in the final of Copa Libertadores and walked the Brazilian league. Jorge Jesus (who was Benfica manager for years) has done wonders since taking over and built a very attacking side.

As the article says Gabriel Barbosa and Bruno Henrique have scored for fun, and i can't believe Inter Milan are apparently willing to sell Barbosa rather than recall him back from loan.
    What station are you picking up Brasilian football?
  • Options
    Bumpty bump for the 2019 competition.

The 60th Copa Libertadores final between Flamengo and River Plate at the Estadio Monumental in Lima, Peru will be aired on BBC Two and BBC iPlayer on Saturday, 23 November from 19:45 GMT.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50503501
    Cheers. Didnt know this was on tonight
  • Options
    Couldn't bear for River to win another. Hope Flamengo can turn this around
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Couldn't bear for River to win another. Hope Flamengo can turn this around
    Looks a bit like  Flamengo have frozen. 
  • Options
    What an ending for Flamengo
  • Options
    2 late goals
  • Options
    CARNAGE. Insane ending
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crazy ending
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    2 reds now

1 each
  • Options
    Few more million on the fee for Inter.

• Options
    I read somewhere that Palace are trying to sign that Barbosa
  • Options
    I read somewhere that Palace are trying to sign that Barbosa
    It is a sick and twisted world we live in when a Brazilian international, on loan at the biggest club in Brazil from one of the biggest clubs in Italy, is considered to be a realistic target for the Nigels.

Hoping you read that in the Daily Star or The Sun.
  • Options
    Watched it with a Corinthian fan.
    They really don't like Flamengo.
    I supported Flamengo as I love Boca.
    Interesting evening.
    The Brazilian passion for football is amazing.
    But he hit on my wife when I was toiletting.
    What the fuck.
    He was in his 20s and we're old enough to be his parents.
    Avoid Corinthians like the fuck they talk with forked tongues

• Options
    iainment said:
    Watched it with a Corinthian fan.
    They really don't like Flamengo.
    I supported Flamengo as I love Boca.
    Interesting evening.
    The Brazilian passion for football is amazing.
    But he hit on my wife when I was toiletting.
    What the fuck.
    He was in his 20s and we're old enough to be his parents.
    Avoid Corinthians like the fuck they talk with forked tongues

October 2008 I saw Vasco da Gama v Flamengo in the Maracana, a throwback to the 80's.  Very hairy.
  • Options
    Bumped into this last night... what a throw back atmosphere wise and great watching.  Then dallied with a bit of MOTD after, only because Slurrey FC got dicked,  but so so tame in comparison so moved on channel hopping.
  • Options
    The delayed 2020 tournament has reached the final, to be played in 2 weeks time.

Palmeiras will play Santos in an all Brazilian final to be held at the Maracana.
    They each finished top of their group and after the knockout rounds eventually qualified for the final this week by beating River Plate and Boca Juniors respectively.

No crowds is a bad thing at all levels of football but it’s a real shame there won’t be a crowd for this one. The last few finals have highlighted the amazing atmosphere in South America and have generally been good games too.

The game will once again be on BBC (most likely website only), Saturday 30th - 8pm kickoff (UK time).
  • Options
    I would imagine it will also be on red button as both semi finals were also on BBC red button as well