Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Donald Hunt RIP

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Addick. You'll be in heaven now watching us dick Millwall 8-0 at half time.
  • Options
    Rest in Peace and thank you for your service.
  • Options
    RIP Donald, great respect.
  • Options
    RIP fellow addick, RIP.
  • Options
    RIP to a brave man.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Donald.
  • Options
    God bless you Donald.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP. He ‘ll find that the deceased Addicks11 where he is now still won’t be able to beat Millwall and are crap in cups!
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Such sad news !

I was fortunate to have met dear Donald on several occasions ....in Crossbars before kick off with his lovely daughter Sue but also at the POTY dinners each year which he attended and enjoyed.

His warm smile and his presence will both be sadly missed.

Sleep tight, lovely Donald.
  • Options

Sad sad news

An honour to have made his acquaintance in recent months. Sincerest condolences to Sue and Pete.

RIP, young man
  • Options
    Good love you Donald.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP, Donald. A life lived to the full and an Addick to the very end. Very best wishes to family and friends x
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what a life .. I cannot imagine living to age 99 … R I P
  • Options
    Top man. RIP Donald.
  • Options
    RIP that's some life and hope he passed peacefully.
  • Options
    RIP Sir.
  • Options
    tough old boy .. R I P after a very long life
  • Options
    Always a frustrating one out on 99, but a fine innings.

RIP Donald.
  • Options
    RIP Donald.
  • Options
    What a life, rest in peace Donald
  • Options

This morning a memorial service was held at St Mary Magdalene, Woolwich, the church where Donald filled various roles for many many years. Donald's wartime exploits are rightly well known, but today his lifetime of dedicated service to his church and to the community were celebrated to the full.

The service was sprinkled with references to CAFC (reminder - Donald's first Valley match was in 1929!!), topically including mention of a certain Karlan Grant penalty in the 93rd minute yesterday, and closed with a rendition of RRR.

A great man, revered by the many who encountered him in his long life. His achievements will hard to emulate and impossible to forget.

Did you go as you live so close ?

(My in laws were married there and I took the ma in law there last week, when we paid a last visit to her house that was being sold the following day).