Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2020 qualifying

Comments

• Options
    I know Depay is missing but Netherlands wont win anything if they cant score!!

Havent exactly looked threatening for all their possession
    They are trying one pass to many all the time
  • Options
    Love the Green & White Army! 
  • Options
     Netherlands know a draw sends them through and dont appear to want to score.

N.Ireland pushing on trying to get a winner and Netherlands not making the most of the gaps
  • Options
    Play-Offs for Northern Ireland then...

As there are currently four better teams from League B in Play-Off positions at present I guess they'll move into the League A Play-Offs and so potentially face Switzerland | Iceland

Of course if Wales and / or Republic of Ireland seal automatic qualification then I imagine Northern Ireland go into League B Play-Offs

Its where it all gets confusing
  • Options
    massive game for Ireland tomorrow night as a win sends them through.
  • Options
    England qualify
    Henderson and Gomez pull out of the 2nd game

Netherlands qualify
    VVD pulls out of the 2nd game for personal reasons

Scotland cant qualify
    Robertson pulls out of the 2nd game

Klopp clearly had a word with them all
  • Options
    England qualify

Netherlands qualify

Scotland cant qualify

And now Alexander-Arnold has been replaced...
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Breakdown of the Play-Offs if anyone is interested

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020_qualifying_play-offs#Draw

Scotland will be facing one of Bulgaria | Israel | Romania in their Play-Off Semi-Final

Northern Ireland will go into Path B if two teams out of Denmark | Wales | Slovakia | Republic of Ireland get automatic qualification
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can see Kosovo going through with their route.

Would be great for Kosovo to get through considering they are such a new nation in footballing terms
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    England qualify

Netherlands qualify

Scotland cant qualify

Ox also came off, as Mane did in both games for Senegal (Sarr was on the bench for both games), Salah also didn’t play for Egypt.

Definitely seems as though Liverpool had an arrangement with most of their players national teams. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    England qualify

Netherlands qualify

Scotland cant qualify

Ox also came off, as Mane did in both games for Senegal (Sarr was on the bench for both games), Salah also didn’t play for Egypt.

Sefibitely seems as though Liverpool had an arrangement with most of their players national teams. 
    Scummy. Man u used to do it when fergie was boss too
  • Options
    Sage said:
    England qualify

Netherlands qualify

Scotland cant qualify

Sefibitely seems as though Liverpool had an arrangement with most of their players national teams. 
    Scummy. Man u used to do it when fergie was boss too
    I agree, it winds me up. Same with the amount of players across all nations who withdraw from the original squad because of ‘injury’ but they’ll play full 90 minutes without trouble in the next club game.

God knows what happened to the word ‘definitely’ in my previous post. Edited now! 
  • Options
    I think Southgate is showing some authority lately tho. Hes certainly not gonna let players walk back into the team if he thinks they dont deserve it. As long as he goes with his approach and does not bow to press and pressure, then i will support that. Years of England players pulling out of squads was embarassing and should not be allowed to start again
  • Options
    Klopp heading the dizzy heights of being a complete wanker is approaching know he’s not well liked but Roy Keane said about similar with the Everton boys that played for Ireland, and koemann trying to get involved in international duties 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    We were all fuming that Lyle went out to play for Montserrat after he got injured. We can’t have it both ways. Liverpool’s players are multi-million pound assets, I don’t blame Klopp one bit for not wanting them risked in dead rubbers.
  • Options
    We were all fuming that Lyle went out to play for Montserrat after he got injured. We can’t have it both ways. Liverpool’s players are multi-million pound assets, I don’t blame Klopp one bit for not wanting them risked in dead rubbers.
    Yeah but yeah but Charlton/football  fans are as blinkered as they come .
    we play a weakened team it’s to protect our players for the play offs and affects others down there 
    when Liverpool did it against Fulham and it affected us in the Prem days the tear drops , double standards I think they call it 
  • Options
    Scotland/England and Holland are not the same level as monserrat

you can’t have world class players and them not play for there international teams.

englands game was not a dead rubber it was a competitive fixture.

the same as when we all have a moan at big sides playing weakened sides in cups - it’s the same issue, Gareth Southgate is the England manager if players are fit and he wants to play them then that is it, if they don’t want to play and are fit but want to put there club first then fuck them and don’t let them walk back into the team. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Bit insulting to Montserrat ain’t it? Their games matter less than ours?

Kosovo/England was a dead rubber in all but name - England had already qualified. Kosovo already planning for the playoffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bit insulting to Montserrat ain’t it? Their games matter less than ours?

Kosovo/England was a dead rubber in all but name - England had already qualified. Kosovo already planning for the playoffs.
    Might well be insulting but unfortunately it's absolutely true. 
  • Options

you can’t have world class players and them not play for there international teams.

the same as when we all have a moan at big sides playing weakened sides in cups - it’s the same issue, Gareth Southgate is the England manager if players are fit and he wants to play them then that is it, if they don’t want to play and are fit but want to put there club first then fuck them and don’t let them walk back into the team. 
    We'd qualified, they couldn't, we were guaranteed top, they were guaranteed third, the game meant absolutely nothing in terms of the table placings. That's the very definition of a dead rubber.
  • Options

We'd qualified, they couldn't, we were guaranteed top, they were guaranteed third, the game meant absolutely nothing in terms of the table placings. That's the very definition of a dead rubber.
    apologies i was referring to it not being a friendly. 

anyway still maintain that club managers should have little sway on national teams 

we know Lyle got injured whilst away now i am no expert but would people agree that 

England, Scotland and Holland have better facilities than 

El Salvador
    Dominican Republic
    Saint Lucia

that is there last 3 opponents. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    England qualify

Netherlands qualify

Scotland cant qualify

Definitely seems as though Liverpool had an arrangement with most of their players national teams. 
    Wijnaldum was also absent for the Dutch on Saturday
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Sage said:
    England qualify

Netherlands qualify

Scotland cant qualify

Wijnaldum was also absent for the Dutch on Saturday
    He was apparently genuinely ill, so nothing to do with Klopp and he will captain the Dutch side in their game tomorrow night.

Looking at some of Liverpool's other absentees though, Klopp has definitely had a word. Can bet your life at least 3 of Robertson, Salah, VVD and Henderson will be fit to play next weekend.
  • Options
    Good.

They've got Palarse.
  • Options
    But then Sterling (by chance) missed one of the games, maybe he would only have been sub if he played the first game as Rashford was only on the bench for the second game, Stones was rested for the second game, Sancho was rested for the second game, Mount was just a late sub etc

TAA hardly got much rest, seeing that he played 84 minutes yesterday. Leicester might be glad that Maddison didn't get too many minutes...
  • Options
    The difference is that as u say maybe Sterling would have been a sub.

Rashford was a sub, Stones was a sub and Mount a sub(all there and abroad still)

All availble if Gareth wanted.

Gomez, Henderson and VVD all withdrew and went home, so got home early and probably trained with there team today ahead of the weekend.

The names u mentioned probably flew back today and wont train until Wednesday most likely
  • Options
    Italy could be a dark horse at next years tournament. They’ve rebuilt since not qualifying for the World Cup and having their games in Rome will help.