Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Help to prevent our countryside falling silent

13»

Comments

• Options

Riviera said:

Had a pair of Jays in the garden the other day, what a racket! And as for those bloody parakeets...

The parakeets are a bit of a curse in London now, especially south and west London as their racket drowns out every other bird!
    They need controlling and are on the general licence
    @i_b_b_o_r_g what does that mean, please?
    It's basically a list, renewed every year, that lists ‘pest birds’ species that can be controlled without applying for any other specific licence. On the list at the moment are -

feral pigeon
    crow
    collared dove
    lesser black-backed gull
    jackdaw
    jay
    magpie
    rook
    woodpigeon
    Canada goose
    monk parakeet
    ring-necked parakeet
    Egyptian goose

ALL wild birds are protected in the UK under the Wildlife and Countryside Act (1981), but those on the General Licence can be controlled using permitted methods, after all other methods (scaring for example) have failed.
    I see chickens ain't on the list. 😁
  • Options

Riviera said:

Had a pair of Jays in the garden the other day, what a racket! And as for those bloody parakeets...

The parakeets are a bit of a curse in London now, especially south and west London as their racket drowns out every other bird!
    It's basically a list, renewed every year, that lists ‘pest birds’ species that can be controlled without applying for any other specific licence. On the list at the moment are -

feral pigeon
    crow
    collared dove
    lesser black-backed gull
    jackdaw
    jay
    magpie
    rook
    woodpigeon
    Canada goose
    monk parakeet
    ring-necked parakeet
    Egyptian goose

ALL wild birds are protected in the UK under the Wildlife and Countryside Act (1981), but those on the General Licence can be controlled using permitted methods, after all other methods (scaring for example) have failed.
    Domestic species mate
  • Options

Riviera said:

feral pigeon
    crow
    collared dove
    lesser black-backed gull
    jackdaw
    jay
    magpie
    rook
    woodpigeon
    Canada goose
    monk parakeet
    ring-necked parakeet
    Egyptian goose

Domestic species mate
    I was hoping you was gonna say they ain't wild.
    I was gonna reply they should be bloody wild the amount of them that get killed every day.
  • Options

Riviera said:

feral pigeon
    crow
    collared dove
    lesser black-backed gull
    jackdaw
    jay
    magpie
    rook
    woodpigeon
    Canada goose
    monk parakeet
    ring-necked parakeet
    Egyptian goose

Domestic species mate
    I was hoping you was gonna say they ain't wild.
    I was gonna reply they should be bloody wild the amount of them that get killed every day.
    Too posh mate
  • Options
    Some of my favourite (non-arachnid) spots in my garden this year:

• Options
    And some of my favourites when out and about:

• Options
    And finally for any cribbage players, see one play one: