Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bristol Rovers | Sat 24 Nov | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

3-0. Either Ajose or Grant with a hat trick.

If Ajose gets a hatrick I'll run round the pitch naked.
    Let's hope they get 2 each then - the thought of you naked put me off my breakfast
  • Options
    Quite nice to have a Millwall style run against someone
  • Options

Does that mean we get to see your soft spot ?

:blush:
  • Options

Depends how cold it is , I'd expect !
  • Options

bristol rovers are struggling behind the scenes, players not getting on etc.
    our next league 5 are - current league position in brackets;

bristol rovers h (21st)
    burton albion a (13th)
    blackpool a (7th)
    pompey a (1st )
    wimbledon h (23rd)

to keep promotion dreams alive 7 points from that lot minimum i think, games like tomorrow need to be 3 points, the charlton way is to beat Blackpool and pompey away and lose to the other 3 so who knows,

charlton 3 - bristol rovers 1

Think we need more than two wins

ideally need 12 points from those games and then can accept a defeat at Portsmouth worst case scenario

if we can only get 7-points then we'd have to beat Portsmouth
    yeah ideally i would be going home to kate beckinsale tonight :wink: but that is bare minimum of course i would hope for more, bristol rovers and wimbledon we should be beating, the rest would take draws if offered now
  • Options

I really hope Ajose isn’t anywhere near the pitch tomorrow.
  • Options

Anything for you Fanny 😁
  • Options

Clarke was terrible in the sitting midfielder position on Tuesday, so I don't think it's an experiment worth repeating.

With a lot of games coming up, including Burton on Tuesday, I hope Bowyer is cautious with the players coming back from injury. With the likes of Lapslie, Marshal and Fosu available, it's not as if we have to start Reeves or Ward if there are any doubt over them

I think the thinking behind playing Clarke deep was so he could see a lot of the ball, get his foot in it and get into a rhythm. I doubt Bow would risk playing him out if position in such an important game. Plenty of players back ahead of him in the pecking order now, so no need to rush him back.
  • Options

If Ajose has 2 goals already and we are awarded a penalty, I'll be on the pitch to place the ball in Grant's hands!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Darrell Clarke: Bristol Rovers manager receives chairman Steve Hamer's backing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46310391
  • Options

If Ajose has 2 goals already and we are awarded a penalty, I'll be on the pitch to place the ball in Grant's hands!
    And I'll buy you a pint as way of saying thanks
  • Options

I really hope Ajose isn’t anywhere near the pitch tomorrow.
    He played really well on Tuesday
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Can't see where the goals are going to come from & we have no-one who can hold the ball up & make it stick with Taylor being out.

1-2.

Grant. Both he and Taylor have scored the same number of goals in the league. 8
    Taylor has 9. Grant's opportunity to overtake him
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Darrell Clarke: Bristol Rovers manager receives chairman Steve Hamer's backing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46310391

sacked in the morning … he's getting sacked in the morning ((:>)
  • Options
    Don’t know what to think about this one. Bristol are very poor but Taylor is so important to us. Ajose is like playing with 10 men and I can’t see how he and grant can play as a pair. I’d be tempted to start with Fosu up front but I can’t see that happening. Bielik must be in the holding role with Cullen and Pratley both out and Aribo is a certainty. Will be interesting to see what Bowyer does with the other two midfield slots.
  • Options
    Ajose did play well on Tuesday, though I'm also sure that it helped playing with Lyle Taylor. Not sure Ajose and Grant gel so well, but I'd be surprised if our front 2 was anything different tomorrow. Ideally we need the midfield getting forward and grabbing some more goals as well.

• Options
    Steer
    Dijksteel Bielik Pearce Solly
    Lapslie
    Aribo Reeves
    Fosu
    Grant Ajose

2-0 win
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Referee stated is now injured and has been replaced by Matthew Donohue from Manchester. It's his first season in the football league this year
  • Options
    Hope we can win this. We looked so good in the last 2 games. But Cullen is a huge miss and Taylor even more so. We'll huff and puff but I think we will succumb to a draw. 1-1.
  • Options
    Damp squib Saturday.

1-1
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Steer
    Dijksteel Bauer Pearce Solly
    Bielik
    Lapslie Aribo
    Fosu
    Ajose Grant

Phillips, Sarr, Stevenson, Marshall, Reeves, Ward, Clarke

Charlton Athletic 2-0 Bristol Rovers
  • Options
    2-0 the boy Ajose owes us a goal or two.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Steer
    Bielik
    Lapslie Aribo
    Fosu
    Ajose Grant

I like this team, but I think Bows may look at how inexperienced the back 3 of the diamond midfield are and opt for Marshall instead of Lapslie.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Sage said:

Steer
    Bielik
    Lapslie Aribo
    Fosu
    Ajose Grant

I like this team, but I think Bows may look at how inexperienced the back 3 of the diamond midfield are and opt for Marshall instead of Lapslie.
    Marshall changes the whole dynamics of how that midfield works. Depending on Reeves’ fitness, that would be the one I would assume comes in for Lapslie.

I see your point though and to be fair Marshall does deserve a go from the start, he has worked hard and done well recently.

Maybe we might even see Clarke play instead.

Looking forward to it nonetheless, even with some integral players out injured or suspended.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Redrobo said:

Sage said:

Steer
    Bielik
    Lapslie Aribo
    Fosu
    Ajose Grant

Marshall changes the whole dynamics of how that midfield works. Depending on Reeves’ fitness, that would be the one I would assume comes in for Lapslie.

I see your point though and to be fair Marshall does deserve a go from the start, he has worked hard and done well recently.

Maybe we might even see Clarke play instead.

Looking forward to it nonetheless, even with some integral players out injured or suspended.
    Sorry, should have said move to a flat 4 in midfield.

I would be surprised if Clarke played from the beginning as he has not been great holding and as we have better in that position available I would ease him back gently. So nice to have options!
  • Options

Damp squib Saturday.

1-1

naturally follows Black Friday.