Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bristol Rovers | Sat 24 Nov | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

13»

Comments

• Options

Comfortable home win 4-0.

Am I detecting a theme here?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

3-0. Either Ajose or Grant with a hat trick.

If Ajose gets a hatrick I'll run round the pitch naked.
    Please don’t.
    Oh, be a sport. We could all do with a laugh.
  • Options

bristol rovers are struggling behind the scenes, players not getting on etc.
    our next league 5 are - current league position in brackets;

bristol rovers h (21st)
    burton albion a (13th)
    blackpool a (7th)
    pompey a (1st )
    wimbledon h (23rd)

to keep promotion dreams alive 7 points from that lot minimum i think, games like tomorrow need to be 3 points, the charlton way is to beat Blackpool and pompey away and lose to the other 3 so who knows,

charlton 3 - bristol rovers 1

Think we need more than two wins

ideally need 12 points from those games and then can accept a defeat at Portsmouth worst case scenario

if we can only get 7-points then we'd have to beat Portsmouth
    yeah ideally i would be going home to kate beckinsale tonight :wink: but that is bare minimum of course i would hope for more, bristol rovers and wimbledon we should be beating, the rest would take draws if offered now
    A bare Kate Beckinsale is your minimum? I can see where your coming from. Throw in a scantily-clad Helena Bonham-Carter and I'd be more than happy.
  • Options
    I don't know why but I've got up really looking forward to this. Rovers have got to up their game so I see a battling 2-1.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Steer
    Dijksteel Bauer Pearce Solly
    Bielik
    Lapslie Aribo
    Fosu
    Ajose Grant

Phillips, Sarr, Stevenson, Marshall, Reeves, Ward, Clarke

Charlton Athletic 2-0 Bristol Rovers
    This is the team I would pick
  • Options
    My worry is that despite their lowly position they have only conceded 16 goals this season. This means their defence is good and without Taylor our attack is weak. Should they score my question is can we score two? Banana skin. Worried of Belvedere.
  • Options
    Apparently they are strong at the back and have a good goalkeeper.
    The risk is being on the wrong end of a smash and grab especially with no Lyle Taylor.
    All of our players should include attempting to score as part of their game.
    This could be much tougher than we think, and it is an inexperienced referee.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Sage said:

Steer
    Bielik
    Lapslie Aribo
    Fosu
    Ajose Grant

Nope. Don't play a RB at LB. Play Solly in is rightful position and either Stephenson or Sarr at LB.
  • Options
    If Fosu finds his A game, and Ajose and Grant are sharp we win, otherwise the Gas leave a bad smell at a dank wet valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redhenry said:

Sage said:

Steer
    Bielik
    Lapslie Aribo
    Fosu
    Ajose Grant

Nope. Don't play a RB at LB. Play Solly in is rightful position and either Stephenson or Sarr at LB.
    Maybe, Djiksteel doesn't get forward enough for me atm
  • Options
    Or Sarr at lb, we would look dangerous at set pieces with Bauer, Biliek, Pearce and Sarr
  • Options
    This smacks of disappointment after the welcome surprise of 5-0 earlier in the week.

An added factor for pessimism is that I missed Tuesday but intend going today.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Redhenry said:

Sage said:

Steer
    Bielik
    Lapslie Aribo
    Fosu
    Ajose Grant

I think I must have a temperature because I'm with you on this one Golfie and Sarr did nothing wrong to be dropped after the last league game at Walsall which gave us far better balance with a natural left footer at LB. In fact he acquitted himself very well, much to the dissappointment of his detractors I'm sure. Furthermore his inclusion will compensate for the loss of Taylor's height at both ends of the pitch.

'There's only one Nabby Sarr,
    One Nabby Sarr,

He used to be sh1te,
    But now he's alright,

Walking in a Nabby wonderland'
    :wink:
  • Options
    Out of the top 6 after last night so need to win today to close the gap on the top 5 - currently 4 points behind Luton who are 5th.
  • Options
    This is set up perfectly for us to continue the positive run and cement our play off position as Christmas approaches.

Which is why we will lose 1.0.

• Options
    Really positive about today, I think Ajose and Lapslie will step up and grasp this opportunity.

Looking forward to seeing Billy Clarke back in the squad as he battles back to full fitness.

Hope we can get an early goal to force Bristol Rovers into giving us a proper match.
  • Options
    LYLE ON THE MIC

Serving a one-match suspension this afternoon, @lyletaylor90 will be joining @KillersBeard and @GregStubley3 in the commentary box.

Tune in on Valley Pass 👇
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bf92d44a1a83/lyle-taylor-to-join-the-valley-pass-commentary-box-for-todays-game-against-bristol-rovers
  • Options
    It would appear that Charlton have conceded 45% of their goals in the last 15 minutes, higher than anyone else in League one, no wonder we get nervous when 1-0 up
  • Options
    Another midfielder who’s also been missing is Josh Cullen. The West Ham loanee dislocated his shoulder in the 2-0 win at Walsall earlier this month but may return to action this Saturday according to Bowyer.

“I might be forced just to chuck him in (on the weekend). He wasn’t ready to play tonight.”
    This was on the NS site??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

It would appear that Charlton have conceded 45% of their goals in the last 15 minutes, higher than anyone else in League one, no wonder we get nervous when 1-0 up

Not only does it show we need to be more ruthless in front of goal when we get the chance.

However, I also think that it has something to do with how young our team is. Normally at the end of a game we have a midfield of Cullen (22), Aribo (22), Lapslie (21) and Fosu (23), recently with Bielik (20) at centre back, Dijksteel (22) at right back, and Grant (21) up front.

Now Cullen is injured as is Pratley, it means that we are likely to start with a midfield even younger than we normally would.

In my opinion, we have a case of players losing a bit of discipline nearer the end of a game, hence why we conceded the majority of the goals we do at that time.