Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bristol Rovers - Match Thread

Comments

• Options

Big group of singing Europeans at the front of the East

Well they're in the best stand arent they!!

I presume its the German Addicks?
  • Options
    Let’s not give them a goal start.
  • Options
    Not a very encouraging line up.....oh well, you never know.
  • Options
    GAME TIME!

Come on you Redsssss! #cafc

• Options
    RedChaser said:

No need to rush Reeves back, while Clarke looked really rusty on Tuesday. Lapslie deserves to keep his place

So does Sarr especially as Djiksteel didn't have his best of games in the cup replay scoring the lowest (5.39) in the players marks :open_mouth:
    And I thought Lapslie looked lightweight and lost in the FA Cup first round (didn't see the replay). It was a good reminder of how far he still has to go.

That said, he's really our only option for that right shuttling role with Reeves and Pratley and Cullen all out.

Regarding Reeves, it must be that he hasn't recovered from his injury in time, or that it's felt playing him today would risk him for Tuesday. Ideally you'd rather him at home against a side with a solid defense, as without him we often look bereft of creativity in midfield, but with the holiday fixtures coming up best not to risk anyone.

The Billy Clarke thing is interesting. Suspect it's a case of him picking up a little knock, which is common when coming back from such a long layoff. Another where maybe Bowyer wants to wait for Tuesday for him, but that'd be a bit strange if he is fit that he doesn't even make the bench.

Going on the highlights from Tuesday night Ajose looked to be everywhere. I don't think we're going to get that same level of space in behind unless we get the early goal. But it's a good reminder that there is a player in there. And his movement is often quite good. I don't think it's a coincidence that he was playing with Taylor (maybe for the first time this season) as he, like Grant and Igor, needs a center forward to "play off of."

Not overly hopeful. Injuries have really taken their toll and I think that midfield can be got at.
  • Options

Not a very encouraging line up.....oh well, you never know.

Whenever somebody says, this is a good strong team, we should win this, we normally disappoint, so perhaps your view is best
  • Options

No another club tourists I guess. About 30 of them
  • Options
    KICK-OFF | 1' We are off and underway at The Valley!

#cafc 0 #brfc 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on reds, make it quick
  • Options
    2' Corner Addicks...

#cafc 0 #brfc 0
  • Options
    90 seconds in, first corner to Lord Bowyer's side.
  • Options
    3' Corner drops nicely for Pearce but he fires a volley off target.

#cafc 0 #brfc 0
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Which way are we kicking....towards Covered End or Jimmy Seed?
  • Options
    4' Pearce's eyes light up as he has the chance to go in for a 50/50 in the Addicks half. He wins it, obviously.

#cafc 0 #brfc 0
  • Options
    Has Aribo got his hair in bunches?!
  • Options

Which way are we kicking....towards Covered End or Jimmy Seed.

The right way, attacking the Seedy Jim.
  • Options

No another club tourists I guess. About 30 of them
    Probably one of the european parties in the running for the takeover ;-)

• Options
    Bristol Rovers

Verified account

@Official_BRFC
    36s36 seconds ago
    More
    5' | Sercombe clips a ball into the path of Stefan Payne, as the striker looks to dig out a shooting chance but Anfernee Dijksteel recovers to snatch the ball back for the hosts.

#CAFC 0 - 0 #BRFC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ball down the line from Aribo to Ajose, his pull back to middle if box finds Lapslie who shot straight at keeper.

7' 0-0
  • Options
    This just confirms my worst nightmares.
  • Options
    Ball not sticking up front at the moment great chance there for Lapslie has to score but blocked.
  • Options
    Lapslie needs to do better there
  • Options
    Bristol Rovers

Verified account

@Official_BRFC
    1m1 minute ago
    More
    7' | Jack Bonham called into action to push away an attempt from George Lapslie, who was found free inside the Rovers box.

#CAFC 0 - 0 #BRFC
  • Options

This just confirms my worst nightmares.

yes!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Jamie Ward lobs keeper from Steers route one kick
  • Options
    Goal!

Route one ... big kick out from Steer, Ward ran on to it, took it on his chest and then lifted it over the keeper.

10' 1-0 Lord Bowyer's team in front.
  • Options
    Goal!!!!!!
  • Options
    9'
    Tom Nichols (Bristol Rovers) wins a free kick on the left wing.

Posted at
    9'
    Foul by Patrick Bauer (Charlton Athletic).
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!