Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who has played against us for the most different clubs

Watching Tony Craig on Saturday I worked out that Bristol Rovers were the fourth team I had seen him play for against Charlton . I have seen him play for Palace , Millwall and Brentford previously .

It would even have been a fifth but he was recalled by Millwall the day before he was due to appear against us for Orient .

I am sure there must be someone who has played for more clubs against us than four but I am not sure who . Anyone got any ideas ?

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Steve Agnew used to play against us every week in the early 90s. Is it Perkins, with the blond hair? He seems to play against us a lot.

Edit Agnew is 3, possibly 4 at a push. Perkins could be 7 or 8.
  • Options
    Kevin Phillips likely played for at least 4 clubs against us.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Marcus Bent played against us for 4 different clubs (Ipswich, Birmingham, Leicester & Everton) AND played for us too
  • Options
    Ashley Ward - Leicester (1991), Derby (1996), Blackburn (1999), Bradford (2000)
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    John Burridge seemed to play against us for loads of teams. In fact, in the 1970s I seem to remember assuming the opposition would comprise Burridge in goal, and ten outfield players, whoever we were playing.

I suspect he probably played against us, for many of the teams he played for, including Blackpool, Aston Villa, Sheffield United, Palace, QPR, Wolves, Southampton, Newcastle and Manchester City.

That is as many as nine clubs.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Steve Agnew used to play against us every week in the early 90s. Is it Perkins, with the blond hair? He seems to play against us a lot.

Perkins: Stockport, Colchester United, Barnsley, Blackpool for sure. Possibly Wigan and Rochdale too.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Cafc43v3r said:

Perkins: Stockport, Colchester United, Barnsley, Blackpool for sure. Possibly Wigan and Rochdale too.
    Didn't he play against us for Wigan last season and Rochdale this? Did we play Stockport when he was there?
  • Options
    Jordan Rhodes, maybe?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Got to be the winner.

Sunderland, Southampton, Villa, West Brom, Birmingham, Blackpool & Palace - 7 clubs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clinton Morrison
    Birmingham, Palace, Coventry, MK Dons & Wednesday - 5 clubs
  • Options
    edited November 2018

cafctom said:

Got to be the winner.

Sunderland, Southampton, Villa, West Brom, Birmingham, Blackpool & Palace - 7 clubs
    Not sure we played Blackpool or Birmingham when he was there. Might be wrong though.
  • Options
    Andy Cole
    Man United, Fulham, Blackburn, Man City, Portsmouth, Burnley & Forest - 7 clubs
  • Options
    Craig Bellamy
    Coventry, Newcastle, Blackburn, Liverpool & Cardiff - 5 clubs
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

cafctom said:

Got to be the winner.

Not sure we played Blackpool or Birmingham when he was there. Might be wrong though.
    Blackpool 12/13 season & Birmingham 08/09
  • Options
    Wayne Allison used to turn up at the Valley with a few different clubs.
  • Options

Andy Cole

Bristol City 92/93
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I'm assuming Peter Crouch has done a fair few - Spurs, QPR, Pompey, Villa, Norwich, Saints & Liverpool?
  • Options

Andy Cole

Think he scored against us, away at Bristol City when he was loaned out at Arsenal.
  • Options

Jordan Rhodes, maybe?

3 - Blackburn, Huddersfield & Middlesbrough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Andy Cole

Think he scored against us, away at Bristol City when he was loaned out at Arsenal.
    Yeah, we properly had our pockets picked that night. 😀
  • Options

I'm assuming Peter Crouch has done a fair few - Spurs, QPR, Pompey, Villa, Norwich, Saints & Liverpool?

Crouch was one of the first I thought of
    Only played against us for Villa, Southampton & Liverpool
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Cafc43v3r said:

As far as I can see he's played against us for Barnsley, Blackpool, Rochdale, Stockport & Colchester - 5 clubs
    plus he was an unused sub vs Wigan too
  • Options
    Next challenge; the can we play you every week 11
  • Options

Andy Cole

Didn't he score at the valley after City had signed him in a Desmond? Think it was early 93.
  • Options

Craig Bellamy
    Coventry, Newcastle, Blackburn, Liverpool & Cardiff - 5 clubs

Norwich?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

LenGlover said:

Cafc43v3r said:

Didn't he play against us for Wigan last season and Rochdale this? Did we play Stockport when he was there?
    Yes I was at the Stockport match and remember him.

I missed Wigan last season and didn't know whether or not he played when we played Rochdale the other week. Hence my saying possibly.

If you're sure about those two then he has played for 6 clubs against us.
  • Options
    Defoe?
  • Options

cafctom said:

Got to be the winner.

And Watford!
  • Options

Defoe?

Think he only ever played against us for West Ham & Spurs