Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reasons For Joining The Forum

It might be a laugh for admin to disclose some of the reasons given for wanting to join.

Comments

• Options
    Good idea Len! I'll have a look through laters and see if I can't compile the best ones...
  • Options
    I wonder how many times these words will appear:

Cat, Clarrie, BillyBoy, Bmob...........
  • Options
    You won't be suprised Medders... you won't be surprised.

Off the top of my head, here's a good one:

"Smudge told me to."

Some take it seriously and provide a lengthy justification for why they should be allowed in, but most don't. It's just interesting info, and we've approved everyone so far.

And it helps to keep automated spammers out too.
  • Options
    If someone's reason was that "I am an automated spammer" would you let them in?
  • Options
    Was there a section where you had to fill in y our reasons then?
  • Options
    @ Salad Spinner: Yeah, probably...

@ Curb it: on the registration form it asks for your reason for joining... I'd have to look up what you put.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]@ Salad Spinner: Yeah, probably...

@ Curb it: on the registration form it asks for your reason for joining... I'd have to look up what you put.

I don't remember that!
  • Options
    Nope. I never saw it.
  • Options
    Must admit i dont either, but my memory is whack!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Nope. I never saw it.
    The cheeky: "cos i was asked to"

[cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I don't remember that!
    The elaborate: "New forum"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    christ... my memory is slack.
  • Options
    blimey oh riley

What I should have said ws "Smudge asked me to"
  • Options
    So that i can take the p**s out of Smudge seemed to be a popular one....
  • Options
    I joined because Rothko told me to...
  • Options
    Classic.
  • Options
    AFKA kept sending me suggestive messages on the Pink Oboe list........
  • Options
    I have no idea why I joined. Have never been part of any kind of forum. This is my first and only. And cant remember the question so god knows what I wrote
  • Options
    I lurked for a bit and then realised that you deserved the benefit of my opinion. ;0)
  • Options
    Nick Gray told me to.
  • Options
    Mine is simple, I was an enthusiastic contributor on the official CAFC site when it was worth reading and had a ' Charlton ' feeling about it. I read Charlton Life and found it interesting, so I joined. I have to say that I still don't feel totally involved, but I guess that comes with time. I obviously enjoy the Charlton content, but I also like the opportunity for members to ask for help or information. Well done the lads who conceived it and run it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Because I'm socially inadequate
  • Options
    I dunno, really. 5 years later I'm still here.

Met a lot of good people through Charlton Life, drank a lot of beer with them and played at The Valley.
    And discovered that AFKA was rejected by Arsenal for being, erm .....too short.

;o)
  • Options
    Was Stranded in Blackburn, came on the next day to say thanks to the guys for the lift home, hence reason i joined and clue to the username 
  • Options
    Matt Doyle
  • Options

I really can't remember but I bet it was a lie. I joined under another alias as I didn't think I'd be welcome as everyone hated Chirpy on NettAdicks. It was on there that I first raised the issue of the clique. I called it the Royal Oak clique.

My main reason for joining was that all I really wanted to do was anoy people. I like to think I've suceeded.

• Options
    I thought I was joining the Masons.
  • Options
    Because it's there
  • Options
    Everyone started to leave netaddicks.
  • Options
    ...because I am an opinionated irritant bigmouth....
  • Options
    The voices in my head told me to